• Guest please check The Index before starting a thread.

Tri Destiny Publishing

MaryQ

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.maryquast.com
I have several books published and always looking to pub more. A small publisher called Tri Destiny is calling for submissions & I'm thinking of tossing one of my shorts their way. Has anyone heard or have any info on this new publisher?

Thanks.

Richard White

Stealthy Plot Bunny Peddler
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.richardcwhite.com
1) Do you have their URL?

2) How did you hear about them?

3) Have you ever read anything they've published?

4) if they do print - have you ever seen their books in a bookstore?

5) Do they offer an advance or simply royalties

5a) if only royalties - do they offer royalties on cover price or some nebulous "net"? Are they specific on what "net" is?

No, I've never heard of them.

aliceshortcake

Wilde about Oscar
Registered
Reaction score
Here it is: http://www.tridestinypublishing.com/html/

Tri Destiny is an e-pub willing to accept every genre - and I do mean every genre - except poetry. Their site is aimed at authors, not readers. So far they've only published one book, Beth-Ann Mason's 3 Christmas Wishes, which received a 5-star review on Goodreads (proudly quoted in full). At first I thought this was an Amazon review, but the book isn't listed on Amazon.

The Staff Bios list two Partners/Signing Editors, Jessica Worth and A. Tucker. There's no information about A. Tucker but Jessica Worth says:

I have 12 years of editing experience (medical, technical, etc.) and am a stickler because of it...I have been researching the eBook publishing field for two years and have been networking with authors, editors, publishers, agents, and more.

On Tri Destiny's blog and elsewhere Ms Worth's surname is spelled Warth.

Rather oddly, the same page informs us that:

Tasha Lennhoff is not a partner or editor of Tri Destiny Publishing. A partnership agreement was never consummated.

From the company's 'Our Philosophy' page:

One day an author was sitting with two friends and talking about how to get her manuscript published. As they researched publishing options and gathered tools to learn more about the process, they realized that what they were putting together were tools that would be useful for many authors. They quickly learned that self-publishing took a lot of time and finding a publisher meant that your work could end up in slush piles and may never be read. From that, Tri Destiny Publishing was born. Their concept centered around a single question: What if you had a publishing firm which:
  • Actually wanted to read manuscripts which often ended up in other houses’ slush piles;
  • Put together a kit to help you learn to do things like social networking and self-marketing which are vital to successfully selling books today; and
  • Handled the editing, layout, cover art, and publishing of your book for you
It looks like you're on your own as far as actually selling the book is concerned.

From 'Kind of Authors Wanted':

We feel that if authors are forced to write stuff they don’t like or are bored with their writing, the outcome will either be sub-par or outright bad. No one benefits from that, and we are NOT the kind of publishing house that tells our authors what to write. We think our authors know what they write best and what their readers want to read.

I had no idea that publishers forced authors to write stuff they don't like. Obviously I've led a sheltered life!

Last edited:

Christyp

Lizard Lady
Registered
Reaction score
I signed with this pub in Decemeber (offered the contract three days before my birthday!). Their premiere author (the first author they signed on) is doing very well and is selling like crazy. The owner/publisher is very hands on and forms relationships with the authors. I know if I have an issue with an edit or a recommendation I'll be able to speak to her or the editor within minutes of my initial call or email.

I had mentioned to the owner about the notes here about the website and she told me it has since been corrected. The website is currently being restructured, and Tri Destiny has opened an imprint called Sizzlin' Books for the 'other' category. From what I can see and from I understand, Sizzlin' Books will have the genres your grandma won't go looking for. It'll have the UF, SciF, Erotica, etc, while the Tri D imprint is for the more contemporary, milder books.

All in all, from my experience with Ms. Warth so far I'd recommend giving her a shot for your subs.

priceless1

Banned
Reaction score
Website
www.behlerpublications.com
Their premiere author (the first author they signed on) is doing very well and is selling like crazy.
Christy, that author may want to contact the publisher, since her book doesn't appear to be available on any online site other than the publisher's site. Not sure how her book is selling like crazy.

The owner/publisher is very hands on and forms relationships with the authors. I know if I have an issue with an edit or a recommendation I'll be able to speak to her or the editor within minutes of my initial call or email.
This isn't unique. It's an editor's job to be hands on and address issues. It may not be within minutes, since editors are usually very busy with multiple projects, but they will return emails. The important thing with any publisher is sales, marketing, and promotion, and this is first accomplished by getting making those books available to places where people buy books.

WolfeMama

Registered
Reaction score
Tri Destiny is the publisher behind Liz Crowe and her Realtor series that seemed to take the eBook world by storm.

I have had my eye on them, just been waiting for another author to come out so I could see how well that author does also.

James D. Macdonald

Your Genial Uncle
Absolute Sage
VPX
Registered
Reaction score
Website
madhousemanor.wordpress.com
When I search on Tri Destiny Publishing at Amazon, Liz Crowe's are the only books I find.

The only book Tri Destiny has on its web page (3 Christmas Wishes by Beth-Ann Mason) doesn't appear to be listed at Amazon. They don't mention Liz Crowe. Nor does Tri Destiny's main page seem to have been updated lately. They still have a call for submissions marked " ** Submissions must be received by April 30, 2013 **"

When I go to Liz Crowe's page, she has a link to Tri Destiny Publishing, but that link really takes you to Sizzlin' Books.

The Look Inside from one of Liz's books (Escalation Clause, selected at random), has this on its copyright page:

For more information: Sizzlin' Books
a division of Tri Destiny Publishing
P.O. Box 330 Arcola, IL 61910
Visit our website at www.sizzlinbooks.com

ISBN 978-0-9858811-4-2

Sizzlin' Books are published by Tri Destiny Publishing
Note that the bottom of Tri Destiny's webpage (linked above) is PO Box 330, Arcola, IL 16910

So, apparently the same place.

Beyond that, I'm baffled.

mellymel

Registered
Reaction score
There are a LOT of things confusing about this agency. I went to the website just now and it only has the one book by Beth-Ann Mason listed, which you can only buy through their site. I checked out sizzlin books and clicked on the "authors" tab. It only lists two authors (other than Liz Crowe who has written/published a gazillion books for this publisher). When I Google Beth-Ann Mason (and the title of her book), it only links you to her facebook/author page, and the sizzlin books webpage (nothing comes up about the Christmas book that James mentioned). When I googled the other author (and the title of her book, which says it will be "re-released", fall 2013, all I get is a link to Amazon which says her book was published in 2011 and has no indication about any sort of re-release date (and umm...hello...IT IS FALL). On Goodreads, it shows the last review as dated Nov, 2012. In fact, there are no reviews from 2011, which is when the book was supposedly published (it says on Amazon that it was published July 2011).

As for Liz, 7 books published in 2012! Wow. Go her. Umm...really? Do people really write that fast? Damn it I MUST WRITE FASTER!!!!!!!!!!!!! She seems to have quite a few books published and it would seem the agency is relying completely on her books as the other two authors listed haven't officially published any books with them. Liz's first book appears to have been published at the end of 2011, which means in 2 years they have only sold books for 1 author (unless they sold any of Beth-Ann's digital download books, but I can't figure out how many of those might have sold).

The whole thing is odd. Color me confused.

ETA: Also having a hard time finding much of anything on Jessica Warth. She states she has 12 years experience editing yet I cant find anthing on her that doesn't pretty much link her back to being the owner of Tri Destiny Agency. Any one else have more luck on info regarding her editorial background?

Last edited:

CaoPaux

Mostly Harmless
Staff member
Super Moderator
Registered
Reaction score
Sizzlin' Books site is gone, and if Tri Destiny has published anyone other than Crowe since '13, there's no trace of it.

ETA: site down, last book published '14.

Last edited: