Camp NaNo?

benbradley

It's a doggy dog world
Registered
Reaction score
Last year's August Camp NaNo was when I finally got my groove back for writing. Everything I had written in between then and the previous July had been torture.

It doesn't really compare to NaNoWriMo if you're looking for the excitement and the boards and the community. If all you're looking to do is write a 50K novel in a month and you don't care about that stuff, the two are pretty much the same.
A few local ML's have tweeted about doing it - this suggests to me there will be more activity this year, perhaps even real-life write-ins.

san_remo_ave

Back at it
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.elainegolden.com
I'm definitely participating in June and hope also to do so again in August. I'm hoping this will be more complimentary to my day-job traveling schedule than the big November Nano.

I'll be working on the ms I planned for LAST November but just didn't get to it. I really want to get this story written.

shayla.mist

practical experience, FTW
Registered
Reaction score
I'm also gonna join, but like tjwriter I'll probably have a smaller goal. 50k just doesn't work for me. too much plotting.

Bubastes

bananaed
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.gracewen.com
I might do this to finish my WIP draft. The problem is I know I'll lose at least two days of writing because of a trip. Hmm.

ETA: Oh what the heck, I'm in. This book's not going to write itself. I'm Bubastes on the NaNoWriMo website too.

Last edited:

GingerGunlock

paralibrarian
Registered
Reaction score
Website
authorizedmusings.blogspot.com
I just got back from a weeklong vacation in which I hardly added anything to my current WIP /sigh. I should really outline or something for June, so that I've got more than a title and a couple of characters.

wishflower

blanket fort afficianado
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.q-washburn.com
Gah, how is it almost June? I'm knee-deep in my current wip. I thought I would be ready for the next one by camp but it snuck up on me...

Silver-Midnight

Registered
Reaction score
rising from the depths of a cup of coffee
Has everyone decided what they're writing for Camp yet?

And has everyone decided what they're going to do about their cabins? (Will you let the site just stick you somewhere or have you picked a certain group of people?)

Sarah G

Let me live that fantasy.
Registered
Reaction score
I just signed up for this:) Not sure what I'm doing yet though:D I'm still finishing off a WIP so, I don't know if I will finish that and then start the next one which I already have ideas for. Or just do the next one, because the WIP is a re write so I kinda know where it's heading, and kinda of know where I want the second one to go. I probs won't make my mind up till June 1st lol

I'm not sure about Cabins:) I put for the site to just stick me somewhere, but I might change it before the 1st:)

Solunar

Treading the Borderland
Registered
Reaction score
Joining in this year too! No idea which plot to do though.

shayla.mist

practical experience, FTW
Registered
Reaction score
I have no idea what to write. It's definitely going to be in my genre. Probably a menage story since I've wanted to write one for a long time :p now I'm hoping to convince my writer friends to join me as cabin mates, but if they decide to skip the camp I'll just look for people writing in my genre. If anyone here writes M/M and wants to have a pal I'd be super happy to fill the spot :D

Silver-Midnight

Registered
Reaction score
rising from the depths of a cup of coffee
How do the cabins work? :feels like a noob:

It's just how they group the participants. Like, if you can offer to just be stuck somewhere, with people who write/are writing your genre, and a few other options. Also you can even make suggestions on who you want to be your cabin-mates; there's not guarantee you'll get that person but you can at least try.

acelticdream

Just me ... dreaming and writing.
Registered
Reaction score
I have a WIP started ... 4,000 words and starting Chapter 3. However, I need to go back over the outline as I'm getting stuck. I'll get that straightened out so I can write, write, write in June.

Since, between writing and other things, I won't have much time to socialize with other campers to the extent I assume the cabins are meant to be for ... I opted to not be put in any cabins. Sorry - I just need to concentrate on finishing my first 1st draft manuscript ever. I need that little milestone right now.

Eisen

Registered
Reaction score
Is there a place on Camp Nano where you have to upload your text and get words counted? I'm assuming it gets scrambled too...

tjwriter

Emerging Anew
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.kidscoffeechaos.wordpress.com
I'm sure they will add that part once June begins. I'm not sure about the scrambling part, but I don't think the text counter actually keeps a record of what you uploaded. I think it just dumps it.

san_remo_ave

Back at it
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.elainegolden.com
Well, I picked 'other writers in my genre' (romance) but if someone wants to be a cabin-mate, I'm up for that instead. I think it's 4 to a cabin, right?