Camp NaNo?

JSSchley

Have Harp Will Travel
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jessicaschley.com
I admit, I'm cheating ever so slightly, but I consider it a non-cheat under a grandfather clause. :)

Been doing NaNo since 2004--and back then, when the site was not as robust, they could only end the event at one single stroke of midnight, not have it end individually for each time zone. So it used to be that everyone had until American Samoa time to finish.

I think I'll finish by Pacific Time, but it ain't happenin by Eastern time...

Sage

Supreme Guessinator
Staff member
Registered
Reaction score
Go, everyone, go!

(I love NaNo, but I'm not participating this time, so I'll just cheer you all on)

Sage

Supreme Guessinator
Staff member
Registered
Reaction score
:e2Order: "You think this is hard? I'm passing a gallstone as we speak! That's hard!"

:e2cheer::e2cheer::e2cheer::e2cheer::e2cheer:

:Clap: :Clap: :Clap:

:Trophy:

Sage

Supreme Guessinator
Staff member
Registered
Reaction score
LOL, it's a quote from the cheerleading coach on Glee. She has many "You think this is hard?" quotes.

vivalalauren

Registered
Reaction score
Congrats, everyone. I didn't hit the 50000 mark, but I wrote a lot more words than I managed in May. If we're talking about cheating, than I nearly reached the halfway mark, since I caved and wrote some fanfic.

JSSchley

Have Harp Will Travel
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jessicaschley.com

And I did it before Pacific time...I count it as by hook, and not too much crook. :) Actually, when I went to bump my time settings back earlier today, I discovered they've been on Pacific Time the whole month...so maybe I could just chalk it up to user error. :p

Sarah G

Let me live that fantasy.
Registered
Reaction score
I think i'm going to be cheating as well lol

You can still update your word count over here and i'm up to 21,000 words so, i think i might write like a mad woman today and pray it doesnt turn off till midnight tonight.

Hopefully, that way i might finish. Although, I stopped using outlines yesterday so I dont know how bad the book will actally be when I'm done:ROFL:{I smell tons of edits} but im getting more words wrote now i'm not using an outline:)

I'm happy with 21,000 though;) it's the most i havve wrote for a while and i'm starting to like writing again:tongue

and just as i wrote that it changed and now i cant edit over there:) So I lost but i might still carry on and write it today and finish it. It'll only be one day late:)

Last edited:

TLFrench

Registered
Reaction score
Somehow managed to reach 50k last night. I still plan on doing the one in August so I hope I'll get to write with some of you then too. :)

writethewrong

Writer-Director, or so I think
Registered
Reaction score
I'm doing Camp in August as a rebel. I can't wait, the NaNo events are a great source of motivation for me.

TribalCat

Tyger's Mama
Registered
Reaction score
Website
tribalcatslair.blogspot.com
I'm doing Camp in August as a rebel. I can't wait, the NaNo events are a great source of motivation for me.

NaNo forces me to do the work. I'm the biggest procrastinator. Having July between the two camps is a blessing, because it's forcing me to do the rewrites and editing instead of putting them off, like I probably would if I didn't have a deadline.

Kitty Pryde

i luv you giant bear statue
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I started a thread for August Camp NaNo if anybody's doing it!