Welcome to the AbsoluteWrite Water Cooler! Please read The Newbie Guide To Absolute Write

Page 4 of 37 FirstFirst 123456789101429 ... LastLast

Thread: The Fangster Summer of Doom--now with more pancake! (Volume II)

Is it summer yet??? BeatrixKiddo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BenPanced View Post
    I'm barely keeping up with the promo work I need to do for BINSIDLY because of this overtime at work. I've been doing 5 to 15 hours a week since, oh, NOVEMBER. It's finally showing signs of abating but we'll know for sure tomorrow (which is what I was told yesterday and the day before that and the day before that, etc.)
    But doesn't that mean more money for even more promo work? Win/win, yes?

Quote Originally Posted by eqb View Post
    I'm three chapters from the end of ALLEGIANCE, the third book for my Tor series. This one has been like pulling teeth, but I'm pleased with the results. I should be able to send this off to my editor in March.
    Oh and we started the process for buying a house.
    That's awesome. Congrats on the house eqb! House warming partay!

Quote Originally Posted by Jersey Chick View Post
    Taking some time off to re-assess things. I hit a bit of a crossroads earlier this week and it's given me a LOT to think about.
    I hope that's a good fork in the road (pardon the pun) JC.

Quote Originally Posted by Bubastes View Post
    Finishing the first draft of a contracted long short story, editing novella #3, promo stuff, planning the next writing project, already freaking out over going to the Romantic Times con in April. Also job stuff and, like Jerz, reassessing things.
    You are the busiest cat DJ I know. (most are lazy, ya know?) Good luck on everything. You make me tired just reading your post.

Quote Originally Posted by mscelina View Post
    Just got home from the hospital and am lying on the couch. I am doing very well and I am going to be completely off from Musa until I can pick up my laptop. So I plan to do some world building and maybe read for fun. Just to be different. Thanks for all the good wishes guys. I really appreciate them and all of you.
    Yay!

However, barely home and already on the computer? Shouldn't you be taking a long break from this modern technology? I hope your recovery goes well Miss M but remember to REST, and follow up on whatever physical therapy the doc wants you to do. I hope this latest surgery finally gives you some long term relief.
    Do not look here...there is nothing to see.

I sound busier than I am, trust me. I fritter away far too much time on the interwebz.

Rest up, Celina!
    Do what you can, with what you have, where you are. -- Theodore Roosevelt

Website | Twitter

Teh doommobile, drivin' rite by you mscelina's Avatar
    Going shopping with Soccer Mom and Bubastes for fudz. Not pie. I do not share pie. EVER.
    I can't get on my computer. Too heavy. I am on my tablet which is the technology for fun.

Tonight on Mythbusters BenPanced's Avatar
    Thought about you a lot this week. It's good to know you're doing better.
    I still poop rainbows.

Kitchen Witch is now available!

I won't steal any of your ideas. I have enough of my own.

Quote Originally Posted by BeatrixKiddo View Post
    That's awesome. Congrats on the house eqb! House warming partay!
    Thanks! Here's the view from the patio:

Quote Originally Posted by tjwriter View Post
    So. Jealous.
    You might be less jealous if I posted pictures of the bathrooms and kitchen.

(We're talking some major renovations.)

That is one heck of a view. Gorgeous!

Hey fangsters who can't make it to RTCon, do you have promo stuff you'd like me to hand out so I can pimp your books?
    Do what you can, with what you have, where you are. -- Theodore Roosevelt

Website | Twitter

Up all night to get Loki Jersey Chick's Avatar
    in the state of carefully controlled chaos
    Any time my stress level reaches the red zone, I'm pulling up that post of your view, eqb. **ohhhhmmmmmm***
    "Growing old is inevitable. Growing up is optional." ~ scarletpeaches

My books... Go ahead. You know you want to...

My Blog Facebook Twitter and last, but not least, my Website

they've got a pool and a pond in the back, jersey.
    pond'd be good for you.
    Grill me a cheese.

Up all night to get Loki Jersey Chick's Avatar
    in the state of carefully controlled chaos

I got nothin'.
    "Growing old is inevitable. Growing up is optional." ~ scarletpeaches

My books... Go ahead. You know you want to...

My Blog Facebook Twitter and last, but not least, my Website

It looks so perfect for writing and relaxing with a good cup of coffee/tea. A fire pit when the weather is cool.

I'd buy just for that view, despite the renovations. It wouldn't be the first time we would have to renovate.

Quote Originally Posted by tjwriter View Post
    I'd buy just for that view, despite the renovations. It wouldn't be the first time we would have to renovate.
    Pretty much why we went ahead and offered on the house. The kitchen is a wreck, the bathrooms are 1960s ugly, but the view is amazing. Oh, and imagine you can hear a waterfall from not too far away.

I agree. Great pics. Looks lovely. So happy for you guys.

Finals are in 2 weeks, and then I'm going to France.

*side eyes life*

Eqb, that view is gorgeous! And that pool is lovely. I'm sure it's worth the kitchen and bathroom.
    See my blog!
    I'm also on Twitter!

Going shopping with Soccer Mom and Bubastes for fudz. Not pie. I do not share pie. EVER.
    Lil Squick! where have you been?

Are we still supposed to be entertaining you?

How are you feeling hon?

I demand an update!

Um...I feel like crap.

Yeah. That about sums it up. I've left the severe pain part of recovery and have entered the "Oh, I'd feel better if I could just stand/sit/lie down on my back/side/side and write/edit/clean house without pain/pain/pain." portion of it.

*sigh*

I'd rather have the pain. It's a hell of a lot easier to medicate incision pain than it is to medicate sheer unadulterated boredom. But enough about me--how are you?

Lil Squick! where have you been?
    At school. But now we're entering finals week(s) and I'm procrastinating. So I decided to stop by here because it's probably more entertaining than my usual methods of procrastination.

I'm sorry you keep having so many back problems. Back injuries are the absolute worst. You can't move or do anything. (Have you tried acupuncture? It helped my dad a lot. Some therapeutic acupuncture after you recover from surgery might prevent future injury?)
    See my blog!
    I'm also on Twitter!

LMAO--!

Gods love you, child, but if anyone tried to do acupuncture on my spine, all that will be accomplished is a mess of bent needles. Unfortunately, the best case scenario for this surgery is a 40% reduction in pain, maybe 50. This surgery, however, did (hopefully) create a successful fusion to stabilize that broken disc which will prevent the damned thing from causing any more damage.

While in Paris, be sure to start your mornings off at a neighborhood patisserie. Croissants with butter--real butter--dipped into a cup of steaming French coffee is absolute bliss, and only to be bested by dipping said buttered croissant into got chocolate made the REAL way.

Quote Originally Posted by eqb View Post
    Thanks! Here's the view from the patio:

Love it! What's that in the river?

Quote Originally Posted by Words.Worth View Post
    Love it! What's that in the river?
    I suspect the Loch Ness Monster's younger, smaller cousin.

Um...I feel like crap.

Yeah. That about sums it up. I've left the severe pain part of recovery and have entered the "Oh, I'd feel better if I could just stand/sit/lie down on my back/side/side and write/edit/clean house without pain/pain/pain." portion of it.

*sigh*

I'd rather have the pain. It's a hell of a lot easier to medicate incision pain than it is to medicate sheer unadulterated boredom. But enough about me--how are you?

I know it sucks, but I'd rather you be bored then in severe pain. Continue to be bored and rest. Rest, rest, rest.

Don't you DARE try to clean any portion of the house. Do we need to send someone over to watch you 24/7? Stop it. (Even if you haven't actually attempted that, I know you're thinking about it. Stop that too.)

*looks up from dusting*

I'm sorry--what did you say?

Unfortunately, tonight I kind of have to. My daughters are on the way up with the babies--and Addyson is a LITTLE baby--two months old. I have to de-cat hair the living room before they get here.

Your daughters can "de-cat" hair the living room when they get there. Or at least one of them can while the other watches the babies.

Stop it. You are going to regret it later. You know you always do too much. You need to rest Miss M.

We need another AW member to go over to your house and dust for you. *sends a shout out*

Page 4 of 37 FirstFirst 123456789101429 ... LastLast