EthanJones

Banned
Spammer
Reaction score
Website
ethanjonesbooks.wordpress.com
Room for debate on e-book pricing

Hello everyone:

I hope everyone is having a great time writing, revising or plotting about their writing.

If you have a few spare moment, there is room for debate on e-book pricing on my blog:

http://ethanjones.blog.com

All comments are welcome.

Thanks,

Ethan

AFord

You know U R a book lover when ...
Registered
Reaction score
Website
af12.webs.com
Nicely done, Ethan...it's interesting how I found myself--literally--true, sitting on the edge of my seat after reading your review of this suspenseful thriller. Always game for a spy vs spy chess match.

Hello everyone,

My review of Portrait of a Spy by Daniel Silva is on my blog:

[FONT=&quot]Portrait of a Spy by Daniel Silva[/FONT]

Enjoy,

Ethan

EthanJones

Banned
Spammer
Reaction score
Website
Thanks, AFord. I appreciate your comment.

Next week, a review of another spy thriller, The Secret Soldier by Alex Berenson.

I hope you'll enjoy that one as well.

Ethan

EthanJones

Banned
Spammer
Reaction score
Website
Thank you - 100 visitors to my blog

Hi everyone,

Just wanted to thank you everyone who has checked out my blog. Today I had the 100th unique visitor since I started on January 1.

Enjoy your weekend,

Ethan

EthanJones

Banned
Spammer
Reaction score
Website

EthanJones

Banned
Spammer
Reaction score
Website
Exclusive interview with Erin Kelly, author of The Dark Rose

Hello everyone,

Come and enjoy an exclusive interview with Erin Kelly next Monday, January 30 on my blog. Ms. Kelly’s second book, The Dark Rose, a psychological thriller comes out on February 2.

My blog will feature an excerpt from The Dark Rose on February 3.

Thanks in advance,

Ethan

EthanJones

Banned
Spammer
Reaction score
Website
This week on my blog

Hello everyone:

Thanks for checking my blog over the last few days.

This week my blog will feature:

Today
– interview with Erin Kelly, the author of the author of The Dark Rose, a psychological thriller comes out on February 2

Tuesday
– review of 77 Shadow Street by Dean Koontz

Wednesday
– Good and bad characters

Thursday
– Plot holes

Friday
– excerpt from The Dark Rose by Erin Kelly

Enjoy,

Ethan

EthanJones

Banned
Spammer
Reaction score
Website
My review of 77 Shadow Street by Dean Koontz

[FONT=&quot]Hello everyone,[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Please enjoy my review of 77 Shadow Street by Dean Koontz.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Thanks,[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Ethan
[/FONT] [FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]If you weren’t scared of lightning and thunder, you will after reading the description of a fearful storm in the first few pages of 77 Shadow Street. The story involves a unique cast of characters, including a killer called Witness, a single mom called Sparkle, and a paranoid man called Fielding, living in an apartment complex, which used to be a haunted house.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Mr. Koontz boxes himself and the characters in the Pendleton apartment building, where almost the entire story takes place. Every 38 years something strange and diabolic happens in the building. Its residents begin to see strange creatures appearing in their apartments, as the fabric of time and space begins to warp. The past becomes the present, albeit temporarily, then, it becomes the future.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]There is very little dialogue and a lot of extremely detailed and repetitive descriptions of the storm, the apartments’ furnishings, and the clothes of the characters. Similar events happen to each of the residents and we see their similar reactions to such events. Mr. Koontz tells us the entire backstory and a lot of flashbacks of its characters, as the story goes from one apartment to another, with every chapter introducing yet another strange character. They all experience something paranormal and extra natural in their apartments.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]What is this ‘thing’ that is tormenting the Pendleton residents? Is it a demon? Are the residents hallucinating or is it real that a strange creature wants to exterminate them all? Did it come from the past or the future?

[/FONT]

msuss

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.MichaelSussmanBooks.com
I agree, Ethan, that it makes little sense to answer negative reviews.

What stumps me--and I've mostly seen this on Goodreads--is when a reviewer makes positive remarks, yet gives a one- or two-star rating.

Elena Andrews

figuring it all out
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.elenaandrews.blogspot.com
Great blog, Ethan. This particular phrase struck me the most "I like discovering my characters, allowing them to roam free, but it seems that during revisions I have to somehow rein them in."

Editing is the most crucial but also the most painful part of the process for me...especially when you can stop second guessing yourself.

EthanJones

Banned
Spammer
Reaction score
Website
[FONT=&quot]Hi everyone,[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Thanks for checking my blog over the last few days. This week my blog with features:[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Today [/FONT][FONT=&quot]– My review of [/FONT][FONT=&quot]Helsinki White[/FONT][FONT=&quot] by [/FONT][FONT=&quot]James Thompson[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Tuesday [/FONT][FONT=&quot]– My interview with [/FONT][FONT=&quot]James Thompson[/FONT][FONT=&quot], author of [/FONT][FONT=&quot]Helsinki White[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Wednesday [/FONT][FONT=&quot]– Plotting the plot[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Thursday [/FONT][FONT=&quot]– The swinging pendulum – traditional vs. e-book publishing[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Friday [/FONT][FONT=&quot]– Storyline similarities[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Enjoy,[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Ethan[/FONT]