Most awesome Christmas gift ever!

Status
Not open for further replies.

happywritermom

Registered
Reaction score
I love the Kindle Fire my husband got me for Christmas, but even better is the night in a hotel room 90 minutes away all by myself for writing.
He used some of his hotel points to book the room, so I don't even have to feel guilty about spending so much money just to write.
He plans on relieving me of all kid duties as early as possible so I can find a cafe or some other place where I can write until I can check into my hotel.
I have been working freelance/contract jobs -- teaching, magazine writing, book editing -- since our first was born nearly 12 years ago, but really making no money after child care.
Last year, he fully supported my decision to quit all that and focus soley on the kids and my fiction.
I haven't made a cent since (I take that back. I've made about a whopping $15 in e-sales on previously published short stories I uploaded to Amazon and B&N, but I can't even have that until I make the $10 mark on each site.)
I have two unpublished novels, I'm on the agent hunt all over again and yet he continues to give me all of his support and lift me up whenever I'm feeling down.
Yup, definitely the most awesome Christmas gift ever.

Last edited:

butterfly

Registered
Reaction score
Sounds like you have been gifted all along!

May your writing in 2012 be as successful as your world.

Archerbird

Nightowl
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Sounds like your hubby is quite the Christmas gift too. :)

Happy New Year!

Last edited:

KTC

Stand in the Place Where You Live
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
ktcraig.com
What a lovely and thoughtful gift...the gift of time! He's a keeper! Enjoy your bubble of solitary writing time. So nice!

txblush

Registered
Reaction score
I was about to post the same thing about my husband's gift giving (Kindle Fire) when I saw yours. I've already put more books on it than I could possibly read in the next month. :)

Bogna

Registered
Reaction score
Website
bemaslanka.wordpress.com
I've have a kindle keyboard and I adore it. It's like my best friend. I'm totally jealous of the hotel room. I've always wanted to do some sort of a writing excursion.

happywritermom

Registered
Reaction score
My only problem with the Kindle Fire is that it has introduced me to the world of apps.
I'd never had any interested in them before. Now I find myself ignoring the kids now and then in an attempt to beat my high score on Frogger.
I'm not a gamer.
Really.
I don't do any FB apps.
I don't even categorize my friends.
Yet, I often find myself on my Kindle Fire, gently and swiftly guiding a frog through a busy street, across logs and turtles, avoiding crocodiles while my 4-year-old twins fight over a yellow Popcicle and the older kids beg for dinner.

Status
Not open for further replies.