Comedy Cabaret--2012 Road Trip

Status
Not open for further replies.

Honeybug

Working my way up!
Registered
Reaction score
Not a single one of you welcomed me when I was a nOOb.

Buncha ingrates.

I was a mere child when you joined---I could barely reach the keyboard!!!

I have no excuses for anyone else! They are on their own!

kayleamay

I'm on the phone.
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Well, it can hardly be OUR fault that we all weren't around to ride dinosaurs across the boards like Haggis, can it?

I was busy hiding from a velociraptor.

I was going to offer the great-minds-fistbump, but then I saw your join date. So...

where were you in 2005, ANGIE?

Honeybug

Working my way up!
Registered
Reaction score
I remember reading about that somewhere! Good poi... (nope, not gonna fall for that one)

Honeybug

Working my way up!
Registered
Reaction score
She's lookin for Haggis's's's's intro thread---makin sure she welcomed him.

:wag:

CassandraW

Banned
Flounced
Kind Benefactor
Reaction score
Dear Cella,

I know I just made a big sloppy sentimental speech about how I loved you and the other Cabbies.

But you've changed since then. I feel like I don't even know you any more. Maybe I'll grow to love the person you've become. However, it will take time. I think we have to get to know each other all over again.

I hope you understand and will give me the time I need to adjust to the new you.

Blurve,
Cassandra.

Cella

Cella
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
but my mom said I could be anyone I wanted to be when I grew up!

CassandraW

Banned
Flounced
Kind Benefactor
Reaction score

kayleamay

I'm on the phone.
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Dear Cella,

I just wanted to warn you about the new girl. She's only after your secret soda machine. Don't give in.

Besties,
KlM

CassandraW

Banned
Flounced
Kind Benefactor
Reaction score
Dear Cella:

You aren't seriously going to trust KLM, are you? She's trying to trash talk our Haggis.

Blurve,
Cass

Angie

Shaddup and lemme think.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.tranquiligeek.com
She's lookin for Haggis's's's's intro thread---makin sure she welcomed him.

:wag:

*whistles innocently*

What do you say, guys? Should we welcome Haggis? http://www.absolutewrite.com/forums/showthread.php?t=20582

Don't want to reopen an old thread, but...

I'm an old guy, but obviously a new guy here. I'm hoping I can actually get at least one thing published (other than in trade journals, which I have done, and which are totally boring) before I croak. 'Course, I probably have to submit something first...:D

I do short stories (stop laughing) and occasionally song parodies, similar to the Capital Steps, but not nearly as good. Sometimes I'll do horror' other times I'll do humor. Actually, I always try to do humor, even in horror stuff.

I've lurked here for a bit and find this site stimulating. I encourage everyone to beat the begezus out of anything I write here. I've still got lots to learn.

Haggis

Welcome to AW, Haggis! My, what a cute chihuey in your avatar. But please, refrain from leg humping until you've gotten to know us all a little better.

:D

Honeybug

Working my way up!
Registered
Reaction score
So here's what I tell my girls---

Cella---you are free to be whoever you want to be--don't let anybody tell ya any different!

Cass---let Cella learn on her own. Just becase you're experienced doesn't mean she wants to be just like you!

KLM---stay the f*** out of it!! Shit-stirrer!!

CassandraW

Banned
Flounced
Kind Benefactor
Reaction score
Angie, I was trying to think about how I could get around re-opening an old thread, but you've come up with the perfect solution. We can welcome our Haggis right here in the Cabbie.

I'm an old guy, but obviously a new guy here. I'm hoping I can actually get at least one thing published (other than in trade journals, which I have done, and which are totally boring) before I croak. 'Course, I probably have to submit something first...:D

I do short stories (stop laughing) and occasionally song parodies, similar to the Capital Steps, but not nearly as good. Sometimes I'll do horror' other times I'll do humor. Actually, I always try to do humor, even in horror stuff.

I've lurked here for a bit and find this site stimulating. I encourage everyone to beat the begezus out of anything I write here. I've still got lots to learn.

Haggis

Truer words were never spoken -- you DO have a lot to learn. Since you enjoy having the begezus beat out of you, why don't you check out the Comedy Cabaret? It's full of reprobates, undead creatures, and just plain nasty people. They'll hate you as much as you'll hate them.

Welcome, Haggis!

Honeybug

Working my way up!
Registered
Reaction score
You're a fisherman. I'm a fisherman. You're a successful writer. I'm a fisherman. But I've never heard myself described as normal. Are you sure you're normal?
emoticoncrazy.gif

What a co-inky-dink!! He's a fisherman, You're a fisherman. I used to fish. He's a successful writer, you're a fisherman, now, I just eat fish somebody else caught. Define normal. Yeah, I can't either so yet another co-inky-dink!

:welcome: Haggis Are you ever gonna leave?

ETA: won't cray be jealous when he sees this!!

ETAA: have y'all noticed the header? BEAUTIFUL!

Last edited:

CassandraW

Banned
Flounced
Kind Benefactor
Reaction score
You know, sometimes we all forget to appreciate the little things. We go through life, bitching and moaning, founcing, screeching at Haggis, confusing PD, cooking Del, trying to kill Cray, mocking the muppet, slapping RT, calling Cella a ho, making fun of Angie behind her back, sending nasty reppies to kayleamay...

Where was I? Oh yes. The little things. Well, after tossing back my last bottle of scotch for the evening, I stopped in here before going to bed. And i noticed one of those little things. Choked me right up. It really did.

Thank you. Thank you, whoever shmooed Porter. Thank you for turning him from whatever it is he was into a pretty flower. It was a beautiful thing to do and I'll always remember it. Gestures like that make the AW community what it is.

Last edited:

PorterStarrByrd

nutruring tomorrows criminals today
Registered
Reaction score
Thank you. Thank you, whoever shmooed Porter. Thank you for turning him from whatever it is he was into a pretty flower. It was a beautiful thing to do and I'll always remember it. Gestures like that make the AW community what it is.

Porter did it ..

Status
Not open for further replies.