Comedy Cabaret--2012 Road Trip

Status
Not open for further replies.

Carole

How 'bout some ether?
Registered
Reaction score
We were going to go to Salem, but his work schedule has been ridiculous since we arrived. He works all night and sleeps all day. This makes Carole grumpy. Very, very grumpy. I'm sick of being hemmed inside a motel room with the curtains drawn all.day.long. But we're going to Connecticut tomorrow. Maybe I'll see daylight then.

PorterStarrByrd

nutruring tomorrows criminals today
Registered
Reaction score
For a really nice time catcha B&B in Great Barrington, on the western side of the state.

Norman Rockwell had one of his studios there. Plenty there to eat up a leisurely day.

Also Plymouth .. so you can see how dumb the Pilgrims were settling there. (also has a lot of cranberry stuff there. Don't forget to pick up a Plymouth rock while you are there (I pick up a small unusual stone on every vacation to remember the trip)

Carole

How 'bout some ether?
Registered
Reaction score
Sadly, we don't have any leisurely days. *grumbles* Three weeks here already, and the only place I have seen well enough to remember is the inside of the closest liquor store. Tomorrow in Connecticut, we're visiting his brother. They haven't seen each other in about 20 years.

GailD

Still chasing plot bunnies.
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
And whatever you do, don't try to drive around the city yourself. You can't get there from here. Trust me on this. Plus the Bostononianers will sense an out-of-towner on their roads and they'll all move in for the kill.

It can't be as bad as driving in Ohio.

Geez. Cars flying off the road all over the place and people honking and shaking their fists at me.

And then all the traffic lights and stop signs facing the wrong way. I got a crick in my neck just checking if it was okay to go.

Very odd.

Carole

How 'bout some ether?
Registered
Reaction score
Ha! When I learned to drive, my dad told me to always watch out for cars with Ohio tags.

I learned why pretty quick.

GailD

Still chasing plot bunnies.
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Ha! When I learned to drive, my dad told me to always watch out for cars with Ohio tags.

I learned why pretty quick.

:roll:

And if you see any with S. African plates - run for your life!

Of course, we drive on the left side of the road. (Former British colony and all that.)

:D

parumpdragon

I sometimes hiccup fire
Registered
Reaction score
Oh crap... I just realized that this is the new computer and I don't have any avvies on here... hmm...

not sure what to do...:/

kenthepen

Registered
Reaction score
Ah, yer all a buncha lightweights.

Come drive in L.A. Six hundred freeways, no waiting. Except when there's waiting. It can take me an hour to get home from Santa Monica, or it can take three-and-a-half hours. And that's in good weather.

I'm forty-seven miles from downtown L.A. No matter what my call time(unless it's after ten-thirty am), I leave home at five-thirty, or I'm screwed.

C'mon, I debble dur ya, come play on the freeways.

Haggis

Evil, undead Chihuahua
Registered
Reaction score
Ah, yer all a buncha lightweights.

Come drive in L.A. Six hundred freeways, no waiting. Except when there's waiting. It can take me an hour to get home from Santa Monica, or it can take three-and-a-half hours. And that's in good weather.

I'm forty-seven miles from downtown L.A. No matter what my call time(unless it's after ten-thirty am), I leave home at five-thirty, or I'm screwed.

C'mon, I debble dur ya, come play on the freeways.
Y'all drive with a .45 in one hand, right? I qualified Expert with a .45.

kenthepen

Registered
Reaction score
LOML drives with a .45, but my defense is driving like a little old lady.

btw, Haggis, the cost of all the ammunition you'd need would be prohibitive.

Last edited:

PorterStarrByrd

Registered
Reaction score
YESSSS .. but California drivers generally don't like dents in their nice cars, while in Mass they don't mind trading paint with you if you don't back down and Cali's don't get to play chicken on ice.

regdog

The Scavengers
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
SRSLY. Do this. I've been had scrod in Boston. It's a must do.

But not deep fried. And no cocktail sauce. And no tartar sauce.

You want deep fried, getcha some clams. Unless you have them on the half shell, which is even better bettah.

And maybe lobstah. Probably lobstah. Lobstah for sure shuah.

If you're getting fried clams, you're getting them at Kelly's

PorterStarrByrd

Registered
Reaction score
... and there has to be traffic snarling road construction somewhere in the city you can watch from gridlock .... there ALWAYS is. It's really neat when Mass drivers start to get a little perturbed and stop being nice.

Every area of the country seems to have it's own little art in driving. In Boston, it's impressionism.

Carole

How 'bout some ether?
Registered
Reaction score
YESSSS .. but California drivers generally don't like dents in their nice cars, while in Mass they don't mind trading paint with you if you don't back down and Cali's don't get to play chicken on ice.

Trading paint with us would be interesting. Mr. V.'s truck is an F250 with a lift kit. :D Oddly, a lot of people up here don't seem to care, while cutting us off, that they're driving a vehicle half the size of this truck.

Status
Not open for further replies.