Beta Reading-bettielee
:chores:chores:chores

Chapeau of Shame-triceretops
:e2paperba:e2paperba:e2paperba

Nancy

Masquerading as normal...
Registered
Reaction score
I am having deja vue, and at the risk of totally irritating the leadership - but today's awards are for this week or last week? It's only Thurs. Isn't that Day One of reporting?

I obviously can't get w/ the program, but I did write some stuff so far this week.

theelfchild

Thinking up something clever
Registered
Reaction score
Those are awards for weekend of the 6-8th. Reporting begins Friday, and by the current trend ends when Reg posts the awards. Not that we've all gotten lazy with the summer or anything.

regdog

The Scavengers
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
theelf is correct. Reporting starts in Friday, awards are usually given out on Thursday unless I goof up, and it's happened :).
So start reporting for the week!!!!

Nanner Time
:banana::banana::banana:

1,976 word edited
:snoopy::snoopy::snoopy:

Nancy

Registered
Reaction score
OK, got it. But I feel the need to say I have a master's degree and used to have a fine brain that would retain stuff. Really.

• Submitted feature article to new ed. who said, "you nailed it!" Nice to hear. 1500 w.c.
  • My blog - 500 words
  • Interviewed a writer colleague's kids for my blog (this will be SO fun - kid "foodies!)
  • Lined up interview sources to finish a series of articles due in 20 minutes.
  • Reminded self that since humor writing is the goal, my books need attention and at least 20% of my work time each week.
  • Thought about updating Linked In profile to attract new clients.
Have to say, R, that your obsession w/ winning that tropical fruit borders on diagnostic. Just a thought...

regdog

The Scavengers
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
OK, got it. But I feel the need to say I have a master's degree and used to have a fine brain that would retain stuff. Really.

• Submitted feature article to new ed. who said, "you nailed it!" Nice to hear. 1500 w.c.
  • My blog - 500 words
  • Interviewed a writer colleague's kids for my blog (this will be SO fun - kid "foodies!)
  • Lined up interview sources to finish a series of articles due in 20 minutes.
  • Reminded self that since humor writing is the goal, my books need attention and at least 20% of my work time each week.
  • Thought about updating Linked In profile to attract new clients.
Have to say, R, that your obsession w/ winning that tropical fruit borders on diagnostic. Just a thought...

2,000 words
:Clap::Clap::Clap::Clap:

1 blog post
:partyguy::partyguy::partyguy:

1 submission
:Sun::Sun::Sun:

My nanner obsession pales in comparison to my Transformers obsession.:D

theelfchild

Registered
Reaction score
I didn't write this week. I read a couple chapters of my monster, but that was it as far as writing related activities.

I got a call 6am Monday morning from a sick former-cello-teacher-turned-colleague asking me to go and teach at music camp for her. I ended up taking the whole week for her. So I just finished two weeks of full time teaching, the first time I've really gotten into the whole music teaching thing. I feel like I turned into an adult or something. Only one who gets to buy obscene amounts of stickers.

regdog

The Scavengers
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I didn't write this week. I read a couple chapters of my monster, but that was it as far as writing related activities.

I got a call 6am Monday morning from a sick former-cello-teacher-turned-colleague asking me to go and teach at music camp for her. I ended up taking the whole week for her. So I just finished two weeks of full time teaching, the first time I've really gotten into the whole music teaching thing. I feel like I turned into an adult or something. Only one who gets to buy obscene amounts of stickers.

teaching music
:e2violin::e2violin::e2violin:

triceretops

Banned
Flounced
Reaction score
Website
guerrillawarfareforwriters.blogspot.com
I edited 99 pages this past week on my new titled paranormal romance, The War Gate (which is a backlist title). That's about 25,000 words. Right now I need to drum up primary I.D. so I can apply for my Alabama driver's license--got a damn ticket for it a week ago. I also have to find or participate in a current content site that pays money up front. Hurting right now, life savings is slipping away. No blog post yet, but we'll have one up soon.

Oh, lots and lots of promo for the SF book and the new werewolf thriller. Both are showing outstanding ranks on BookStrands and Kobo--average rank on Amazon. I have not sold one copy of the new 2nd prequel short to PJ, which has got me and my publisher scratching our heads. Single shorts just don't do well on Amazon, I reckon. We're going to have to blast it for free very soon.

tri

regdog

The Scavengers
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I edited 99 pages this past week on my new titled paranormal romance, The War Gate (which is a backlist title). That's about 25,000 words. Right now I need to drum up primary I.D. so I can apply for my Alabama driver's license--got a damn ticket for it a week ago. I also have to find or participate in a current content site that pays money up front. Hurting right now, life savings is slipping away. No blog post yet, but we'll have one up soon.

Oh, lots and lots of promo for the SF book and the new werewolf thriller. Both are showing outstanding ranks on BookStrands and Kobo--average rank on Amazon. I have not sold one copy of the new 2nd prequel short to PJ, which has got me and my publisher scratching our heads. Single shorts just don't do well on Amazon, I reckon. We're going to have to blast it for free very soon.

tri

25,000 words edited

regdog

The Scavengers
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Time For This Weeks Awards For Awesomeness

Nanner-regdog

Word Count-Nancy 2000
:Jump::Jump::Jump:

Words Edited-bettielee 67,143
:e2writer::e2writer::e2writer:

Blog Posts-tie bettielee and Nancy 1
:e2BIC::e2BIC::e2BIC:

Beta Reads-bettielee 1
:chores:chores:chores

Submissions-Nancy 1
:e2cheer::e2cheer::e2cheer:

Chapeau of Shame-triceretops
:e2paperba:e2paperba:e2paperba

theelfchild

Registered
Reaction score
4000 words edited, 1800 new written.

Turned 24 yesterday (yay!). Got licked by a six year old (ick).

regdog

The Scavengers
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
4000 words edited, 1800 new written.

Turned 24 yesterday (yay!). Got licked by a six year old (ick).

Nanner Time

1800 words
:Clap::Clap::Clap:

4000 words edited

birfday
:Cake::Cake::Cake:

regdog

The Scavengers
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
753 words

1 blog post

SherryTex

Working on 2nd WIP
Registered
Reaction score
Wash DC area, surrounded by overachievers
Website
www.sherryantonettiwrites.blogspot.com
I....have....recovered.

We were on a 12 day road trip to Texas (With all ten kids in the 12 passenger van) and back to celebrate my brother's wedding. It was like a week of eating nothing but Tiramisu--fattening, highly caffinated, wonderful, sleep defying fun.

It was a bit of a problem when the air conditioning died in our car half way through Tennessee, but my parents knew a good mechanic in Beamont so we were fine. My aunt gave us her house for the weekend to crash and a good time was had by all. But as a result, I wrote nothing. I didn't blog. I didn't surf the net. I did zero research. No edits, zip zero nada.

When I returned, it took a week to recover. So I'm here. I restarted my blog. I had my Book of Helen bound so I could edit it. I've gone through the first 17 pages. I also read a book for fun. That's it. That's all. What a party!

regdog

The Scavengers
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I....have....recovered.

We were on a 12 day road trip to Texas (With all ten kids in the 12 passenger van) and back to celebrate my brother's wedding. It was like a week of eating nothing but Tiramisu--fattening, highly caffinated, wonderful, sleep defying fun.

It was a bit of a problem when the air conditioning died in our car half way through Tennessee, but my parents knew a good mechanic in Beamont so we were fine. My aunt gave us her house for the weekend to crash and a good time was had by all. But as a result, I wrote nothing. I didn't blog. I didn't surf the net. I did zero research. No edits, zip zero nada.

When I returned, it took a week to recover. So I'm here. I restarted my blog. I had my Book of Helen bound so I could edit it. I've gone through the first 17 pages. I also read a book for fun. That's it. That's all. What a party!

17 pages edited

A whole lot of traveling
:Sun::Sun::Sun:

Nancy

Registered
Reaction score
A welcome break in the heat helped my brain cells re-assemble.

• Submitted 3 assigned articles - 1800 +
  • Submitted my monthly column - 821
  • Added publications to my Linked In profile
  • Found five expert sources for upcoming articles
  • Connected w/ a possible client
  • Contemplated entering Washington Post Humor Contest
  • Had two articles published and recv'd kudos and a Facebook mention from my editor (around 1200 wc)
  • Researched self-publishing
  • Networked

bettielee

I'm a sparkly fairy princess!
Registered
Reaction score
Website
bettielee.wordpress.com
watermelon.... the jewel of all fruits!

As I did nothing last night, I may as well post the rest of my shenanigans.

3 blog posts

53,702 edited

And if I may tell - I got this little beauty!

Photo2.jpg

It is tiny, and very pink, and specifically to keep track of my writing goals. And 18 mo week at a time Paperblanks journal.

I hope at one point to have "sent queries" written in it.

Status
Not open for further replies.