XoLeIn GaEpRuXoMyRuEp

Status
Not open for further replies.

Raventongue

little orphan anarchist
Registered
Reaction score
I don't find it odd... But then, I'd metaphorically* give my right arm to be shoving laryngascopes into people, so maybe I'm the wrong person to ask :D

* Because have you ever seen a 1-armed anything in the med professions besides straight-up doctor?

Reservoir Angel

Angelic by name, fiendish by nature
Registered
Reaction score
Ah, I see... now I just need to find someone of the writerly persuasion to do battle with.

Is it odd that I consider the idea of shoving laryngascopes into people cool? Cause I'm really really excited that this is our clinical this week :D
Not odd, per se. But your joy over getting to push things down people's throats could be interpreted in a very interesting way if I were a psychiatrist.

amergina

Pittsburgh Strong
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.annazabo.com
This is a thing?!

Wow, I really underestimate sometimes just how easy I have it in the hormones department...

I don't know if it's a thing for other folks, but it is for me. My symptom is anxiety. I'm actually a fairly even-keeled gal, which is why sudden AAAAAA feelings usually makes me look at the calendar and go, "Oh. I see." Like today.

Because if I know it's just the &_@)*$ hormones behind the anxiety, I can ignore it, since it'll go away in a day or three.

_Sian_

Ooooh, pretty lights and sirens :D
Registered
Reaction score
Website
antagonistsneeded.wordpress.com
Oh, and FYI, if anyone is interested, the American air force cadets are a wealth of hilarious video tutorials on inserting a nasopharyngeal airway... While the patient is conscious.

It was like watching a blokey dare gone bad...

Raventongue

little orphan anarchist
Registered
Reaction score
Not odd, per se. But your joy over getting to push things down people's throats could be interpreted in a very interesting way if I were a psychiatrist.

Pffft. Yeah. Don't listen to Dr. Freud until he takes that dang cigar out of his mouth and quits insisting we're all nihilistic animals engaged in some never-ending internal struggle of OH TEH NOEZ.

Which, considering he's dead, won't happen anytime soon...

Reservoir Angel

Registered
Reaction score
Pffft. Yeah. Don't listen to Dr. Freud until he takes that dang cigar out of his mouth and quits insisting we're all nihilistic animals engaged in some never-ending internal struggle of OH TEH NOEZ.

Which, considering he's dead, won't happen anytime soon...
I stopped considering Freud seriously when I worked out his entire gimmick is basically just "either you're obsessed with ze penis, or you hate and/or want to bed your mum."

If there's any psychiatrists here they're going to hunt me down and kill me for reducing his ideas to such crude and simplistic terms but that's what it seems like to me.

Raventongue

little orphan anarchist
Registered
Reaction score
I don't know if it's a thing for other folks, but it is for me. My symptom is anxiety. I'm actually a fairly even-keeled gal, which is why sudden AAAAAA feelings usually makes me look at the calendar and go, "Oh. I see." Like today.

Ah. I retract my statement about being lucky. Jea-louuuus! Wouldn't I love to be even-keeled... :D

Oh, and FYI, if anyone is interested, the American air force cadets are a wealth of hilarious video tutorials on inserting a nasopharyngeal airway... While the patient is conscious.

It was like watching a blokey dare gone bad...

... Oh dear... *goes to watch and pretends not to be interested*

Ah, I see... now I just need to find someone of the writerly persuasion to do battle with.

Huh. Later this evening you can word war with me if you haven't found anyone else.

_Sian_

Ooooh, pretty lights and sirens :D
Registered
Reaction score
Website
antagonistsneeded.wordpress.com
I stopped considering Freud seriously when I worked out his entire gimmick is basically just "either you're obsessed with ze penis, or you hate and/or want to bed your mum."

If there's any psychiatrists here they're going to hunt me down and kill me for reducing his ideas to such crude and simplistic terms but that's what it seems like to me.

This is me personally, but I think freud's not so much famous for that stuff as he is for being the guy who came up with the idea that quite a lot of our thought happens in the subconscious mind. I'm pretty sure he was the first one to come up with that, and also with the idea that even if things didn't influence your conscious mind, they could still become lodged in your subconscious and have quite the impact.

Raventongue

little orphan anarchist
Registered
Reaction score

Well, see, the thing with Freud is that he basically had all these issues he taught were universal, himself, but they were in fact due either to sheer weirdness or to a screwball childhood and he was essentially just convincing himself everyone else was like that so he wouldn't have to face up to how demented he was...

So he was right on the nail about things like denial and projection... Not so much on evolutionary psych, family dynamics, or sex.

eyeblink

Barbara says hi
Registered
Reaction score
I thought of certain Cantina denizens during the pub quiz tonight.

The first round is a picture round and one of them is always a "Close", i.e. identify someone famous from a big close-up of part of their anatomy, such as a chin, top of head, lips, nose etc. etc. This week it was Tom Daley and guess which part of him we had a picture of? Yes, his arse. (Wearing Speedos, in case you were wondering.)

Off to bed soon, Get well quickly, Junely, and best wishes to everyone else.

Tifferbugz

Doing Pirate things...
Registered
Reaction score
I am also greatly intrigued by this cheeseburger soup concept. However, the idea of hamburger floating in cheese sounds pretty darn delicious to me. :D

Because if I know it's just the &_@)*$ hormones behind the anxiety, I can ignore it, since it'll go away in a day or three.

It's not just you. ;)

Reservoir Angel

Registered
Reaction score
Anywho, I'm off to watch The Big Gay Musical. Because apparently I really am just that gay.

See you in an hour and a half. :D

Fenika

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Too sick to do my shopping. I sent my husband instead.

I can't believe I turned my husband loose in the grocery store with a blank check! I must be utterly insane!

Am I ever going to start feeling better? The doctor called the house yesterday, said my numbers are looking better, but I still feel like a can of smashed assholes. Why? Why can't I feel better?

Try acupuncture. Srsly. And trust me, I'm a doctor!

Is it odd that I consider the idea of shoving laryngascopes into people cool? Cause I'm really really excited that this is our clinical this week :D

You are such a freak. Now excuse me, I really want to read up on how to stick needles in my horse.

;)

jallenecs

Searching for Wonderland
Registered
Reaction score
Cheeseburger soup:

Make a cheese soup with cheddar, parmesan, asiago, cream, chicken stock, mirepoix. No big deal.

Add onions softened in butter.

Add browned, drained ground chuck.

Add fresh mushrooms (optional)

At the last minute, add chopped up lettuce, fresh. Also add diced tomatoes.

Serve immediately, before the veggies have time to do more than get warm.

Fenika

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Btw, at the end of the day, said person thanked me (again) for talking to him. I was happy he was so appreciative because it means I'm having an impact.

Kricket

Chirp! Chirp!
Registered
Reaction score
Cheeseburger soup:

Make a cheese soup with cheddar, parmesan, asiago, cream, chicken stock, mirepoix. No big deal.

Add onions softened in butter.

Add browned, drained ground chuck.

Add fresh mushrooms (optional)

At the last minute, add chopped up lettuce, fresh. Also add diced tomatoes.

Serve immediately, before the veggies have time to do more than get warm.

Wow, that sounds amazing. *drools*

Way better than the spaghetti I'll be having later.

Raventongue

little orphan anarchist
Registered
Reaction score
Btw, at the end of the day, said person thanked me (again) for talking to him. I was happy he was so appreciative because it means I'm having an impact.

Yay!

I hope he went to a doctor. If you'd never heard of or seen alcohol withdrawal and you could tell, he's probably been drinking for a really long time.

Fenika

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Yeah, it was bad. He looked better at the end of today, but I only saw him for a few seconds at a time toward the end of shift (when he thanked me, he 'ran' off, possibly embarassed).

Time will tell, and of course I'll be following up.

Andelana

Secret Stick-Figure Superhero
Registered
Reaction score
Cheeseburger soup:

Whimper! I wish I could come to your house for dinner.

Yay :)

I may be in love with Wordle for editing.

Wordle is awesome for that! That's how I figured out I used the words "really" and "actually" too much in a short story! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.