XoLeIn GaEpRuXoMyRuEp

Status
Not open for further replies.

BigWords

Geekzilla
Registered
Reaction score
I thought 'I brought beer' was the password, and the secret handshake involved the passing of alcohol from one hand to the other.

Or has BW been having me on for the past year?

That is the REAL password. :D

What about the RPGs? With storyline and stuff?

There's a surprising amount of story (YMMV on the quality of the writing) in most games these days - and some heavy-hitting names involved in the process. *hugs Hostile Waters close to heart*

SaraP

You can't forget those you've loved
Registered
Reaction score
Good morning, Cantina. Anyone know where I can fast-forward my life, say... to a year from now?

The weekend will do, too. Kthx bai.

Andelana

Secret Stick-Figure Superhero
Registered
Reaction score
Since I have let down Fenika a couple of times, I want to give her this. This is my dog, Nube:

https://fbcdn-sphotos-f-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/309089_3809557430188_1366364007_n.jpg

So cute! Thanks, Max :D

And shoehorn butterhorse. When will anyone laugh at the shoehorn butterhorse?

Okay fine fine frig it on a frigate already, this is the origin of shoehorn butterhorse. Bewarn'd, this guy drops a cluster F bomb once or twice in there.

Shoehorn butterhorse is funneh! Also, my brain does, indeed, now hurt. Oooooouch... I'm seriously glad I've never taken any illegal or semi-legal mild-altering substances (prescriptions don't count) because I know, *know*, that that guy would have nothing on me in the weird department. It's bad enough if I get a tiny bit of alcohol in me, but something like shrooms. Whee-oo. No, thanks.

Timber is alive :hooray:

I knew he would be fine! Yay, I'm so, so happy, 10s! *hug* That's the best news I've heard in weeks! :Hug2::hooray:

Apropos of nothing and just for the sake of my own curiosity, am I the only tabletop RPG / DnD nut in the cantina?

I vaguely remember playing when I was a teenager... We mostly LARPed, though, and usually it was stuff we'd made up ourselves. I always thought it would be fun to try for real, though!

10trackers

Pollyanna, Shedder of Casual Blood
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Oh, I can answer this. This is standard procedure. Mostly, animals are still doped, and if we let them go home they would crash into things. Unprepared owners may accidentally let them drink too soon. Other pets would jump on them. Etc. The drugs need time to fully wear off basically, and the doctors want to assure themselves your dog won't hurl or something two hours after waking up.

That was prolly a lame summary, but there you go.

Mostly- :hooray: for Timmy!

I know this :(

But they always let me pick up Anyanka and Timber as soon as they wake up, even while super doped (Anyanka is hilarious when she's stoned), because they wreck the place looking for me. They're pretty boss-oriented doggies. When I'm not there and Timmy feels sick and in pain, he turns to aggression. That's just his nature. And that's one of the reasons why they always call me right after and I can load a doped up doggie into my car.

Thanks all :heart: For the support and the yays :Hug2:

jallenecs

Searching for Wonderland
Registered
Reaction score
I vaguely remember playing when I was a teenager... We mostly LARPed, though, and usually it was stuff we'd made up ourselves. I always thought it would be fun to try for real, though!

I've always been torn about LARPing. I've never done it, never had an opportunity. Part of me is fascinated by the concept, and think it would be incredibly fun, if you had the right group and setting. Other other part of me thinks that it could be really REALLY embarrassing.

Little Anonymous Me

Registered
Reaction score
I know this :(

But they always let me pick up Anyanka and Timber as soon as they wake up, even while super doped (Anyanka is hilarious when she's stoned), because they wreck the place looking for me. They're pretty boss-oriented doggies. When I'm not there and Timmy feels sick and in pain, he turns to aggression. That's just his nature. And that's one of the reasons why they always call me right after and I can load a doped up doggie into my car.

Thanks all :heart: For the support and the yays :Hug2:

I'm glad everything is OK with your doggie! :) :heart:

Kricket

Chirp! Chirp!
Registered
Reaction score
My friends and I tried D&D in high school once. We couldn't do it, our attention spans were too limited to even get through the set up. Sad but true.

ION, what's the chances of an almost 3000 word piece being read in SYW? It's a rewrite of my last SFF Challenge piece and I'm wondering if I should post the whole thing or not.

Reservoir Angel

Angelic by name, fiendish by nature
Registered
Reaction score
I just dropped my headphones like a clumsy moron, and now the sound on them's gone really weird and I don't know how to fix it, or even if I can. :( FML.

jallenecs

Searching for Wonderland
Registered
Reaction score
I don't get easily embarrassed - and people have put that to the test... LARPing sounds awesome.

I agree, it sounds awesome. But acting -- and that's what we're talking about -- has to be an un-self-conscious act. You have to embrace the characters and not be saying, "I look like an idiot" in the back of my mind. And I am not entirely sure I could do that.

Then again, I would like to have the chance to prove myself wrong. It's hard to find a regular game group here in Hillbillyland; to find a LARP group is essentially impossible.

BigWords

Geekzilla
Registered
Reaction score
ION, what's the chances of an almost 3000 word piece being read in SYW? It's a rewrite of my last SFF Challenge piece and I'm wondering if I should post the whole thing or not.

Better to post the full piece than a part of it. :)

AbielleRose

Crazy Cat Lady
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
stainedglassinthenight.wordpress.com
My friends and I tried D&D in high school once. We couldn't do it, our attention spans were too limited to even get through the set up. Sad but true.

The one in my sig is 3,000 + and people keep reading it. :) I say go for it. If they don't want to, they won't, but 3,000 wouldn't scare off too many people, I don't think.

Kricket

Chirp! Chirp!
Registered
Reaction score
Better to post the full piece than a part of it. :)

The one in my sig is 3,000 + and people keep reading it. :) I say go for it. If they don't want to, they won't, but 3,000 wouldn't scare off too many people, I don't think.

K, thanks guys! I'll go over it again with my Editing Comb and then post it.

:D

Reservoir Angel

Angelic by name, fiendish by nature
Registered
Reaction score
I have done worse when I'm bored
So have I.

But really, :cry: I'm stuck with either having seriously screwed up sound where the music is all fuzzy and the vocals are virtually non-existant, or I can use the earphones that cause me severe pain. :cry:

And to think, I was in such a good mood such a short time ago...

Raventongue

little orphan anarchist
Registered
Reaction score
Ugh. Had a Night From Hell with the PTSD-pression of :cry: and the seasonal insomnia of :Headbang:, feel like blended crap. Will do household chores for hugs.

Timber is alive :hooray:
EPIC DAY IS EPIC :e2woo:

I think I have the opposite problem to raven - stuff to do, but all I want to do is go to sleep.

*makes you delicious wake-up herbal tea*

How do women do this on a regular basis? It's really quite irritating.

Answer: not all of us do! :D

Good morning, Cantina. Anyone know where I can fast-forward my life, say... to a year from now.

:Hug2:s, Sara. Here, have my overly muscled shoulder to cry on. Is softer than it looks. Has no expiration date. You be kind to yourself, okay?

CAMueller

Part-time ninja
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.vampirebookclub.net
:Headbang: = the last two weeks at work, and today -- at 9 a.m. -- is already the worst bit yet.

I leave for vacation tomorrow. I must keep muttering this to myself, because things just continue to get more and more complicated.

/whine

Status
Not open for further replies.