XoLeIn GaEpRuXoMyRuEp

Status
Not open for further replies.

jallenecs

Searching for Wonderland
Registered
Reaction score
Now I know why I always feel just slightly out of step with everybody else. I don't watch TV.

amergina

Pittsburgh Strong
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.annazabo.com
Guys!

I finished the other synopsis. Once I get it back from my beta, these two partial request are going out to the agent who requested them.

In the mean time, can I roast a few smibbles and get some kilted guys as cabana boys?

Tifferbugz

Doing Pirate things...
Registered
Reaction score
Guys!

I finished the other synopsis. Once I get it back from my beta, these two partial request are going out to the agent who requested them.

In the mean time, can I roast a few smibbles and get some kilted guys as cabana boys?

Yay, congrats!

UrbanAmazon

It must be Thursday.
Registered
Reaction score
[stumbles in] Gnrg. Housesitting. Can't sleep. Already burned through two and a half N64 games. Tempted to open the black hole that is Jet Force Gemini.

Should be writing. Should be drawing. Should be finishing my damn query and trying to do part two - the synopsis. Should... but... have no brain.

What is it about weekends that withers any and all forms of initiative into straws?

UrbanAmazon

It must be Thursday.
Registered
Reaction score
why don't you read?? that's what I'd do!

A good suggestion, save I'm at my parents' place and I've already gone through my one library book I brought along (Craig Thompson's Habibi which is awesome and heart-twistingly tragic and apparently great breakfast reading if this morning is any indication), so my options are either textbooks or home and garden magazines, which-

... well, they might put me to sleep, I'll admit that.

I'm looking a bit further back in the pages, and my mind's now compiling a list of science fiction series that I also have not yet watched (or watched completely). Babylon 5 is definitely at the top.

aliwood

Penmonkey Contrarian
Registered
Reaction score
Website
truckloadofart.wordpress.com
Now I know why I always feel just slightly out of step with everybody else. I don't watch TV.

Neither do I. I have copies of my old favourite shows from when I did. I think the most recent is either Babylon5 or Star Trek Deep Space 9, and even then the books are better than the final series. I stopped watching tv the year they put the first Harry Potter movie on at Christmas. From the reports I don't think I've actually missed very much.

I am still :chair but yesterday was ok. I think if I can get through today then I'll be alright. Fen, can I borrow your coat for one more day?

<.<
>.>

UrbanAmazon

It must be Thursday.
Registered
Reaction score
Point taken!

The images of the Firefly reunion panel are up on Zimbio - Fillion is yucking it up and there are so many adorable pictures of him mugging for the camera.

http://www.zimbio.com/photos/Nathan+Fillion/Firefly+Panel+at+Comic+Con/-nsaraJ6w01

Oh lordy. I may have to save those for later. I've already stumbled across a videoed moment from some panel or another where Nathan Fillion and Adam Baldwin throw money at Zachary Levi so they can kiss him on the mouth, so I think I might be at my capacity for adorable mugging just for today.

... yeah, a little dying of jealousy that I'm housesitting, while some of my luckier, traveling family members are a stones throw away from SDCC. Bah. Someday. Some... year.

eyeblink

Barbara says hi
Registered
Reaction score

I do, but I suspect I watch different TV to most people here.

For example, I've become a convert to the foreign-language (not always Scandinavian, not always crime) series that BBC 4 shows - The Killing 1 & 2, The Bridge, Spiral 1 & 2 (so far) and Borgen for example. All excellent.

Oh and The Slap and Cloudstreet, but they're not foreign-language as they come from Australia.

I do watch Dr Who, but to my mind the great era of that show is 1963-77, with occasional high points afterwards (such as about half of the Eccleston series and individual episodes like "Blink").

Lots of Brits worship American TV, which makes me feel very out of step as I don't. That said, there are US shows I have loved, M*A*S*H and Soap from the 70s/80s, My So-Called Life from the 90s. I'm watching Game of Thrones on DVD at the moment - two episodes down, eight to go, and it's very good so far.

_Sian_

Ooooh, pretty lights and sirens :D
Registered
Reaction score
Website
antagonistsneeded.wordpress.com
Good Morning Friends!

I was soooo sleep drunk last night before Mr. K put me to bed. I wish he had recorded it. I was in that mood where one random sentence had me cracking up for 10 minutes solid.

And now I think Little K and I have caught something. He's been up all night with a little cough and my throat is feeling all scratchy.

But today we continue cleaning and packing. Two more weeks!

Good luck on the cleaning and packing. It would be amusing to see you drunk, I think...

Or wondering how you'd missed such an epic Monty Python skit.

^this :D this is exactly what I thought.

:evil Isn't that how you guys are all here?

*looks innocent*

I loved Wonder Woman as a kid. But I didn't know nothin'.

Damn.

I took my "lunch break" after 2 hours of editing and watched me a little Firefly....and now I"m up to "War Stories" which is my favorite episode... oh no... it started. I can't turn it off now...

This happened to me yesterday. One second my brother was watching the movie, then I was watching the movie with directors commentary, then I had to go watch the series with directors commentary....

I want to marry Joss Wheldon's brain sometimes. His wife can keep the rest of him XD

It's on my to watch list. Then again I added The Twilight Zone to that list 2 years ago and still haven't gotten round to that yet.

This. I added that series to my "too watch" list about five years ago? About the time I read "on writing" anyway, cause it was referenced. Still yet to get round to it.

so not looking forward to a synopsis.....

I'm sure you'll do fine. You work hard enough to do well at anything, I suspect.

I do, but I suspect I watch different TV to most people here.
<snip>
I'm watching Game of Thrones on DVD at the moment - two episodes down, eight to go, and it's very good so far.

I'm as of yet undecided on GoT. It is very good, and I think the acting is superb, and the plot plays with your emotions like nothing on earth. It's also fascinating, cause you can never tell how things are going to end up. But I find it really hard to get over the way it portrays women. I understand that misogyny was institutionalised back then, and they're trying for an accurate portrayal in this instance, but... it still makes it hard for me to barrack for the male MCs when they're such dickheads.

And the plot has the habit of killing off any MCs who aren't dickheads. So I'm still undecided.

Fenika

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Sian, we are on the same wavelength :)

Morning folks. I woke up sick and coughing :( Was gonna go riding... Urgh.

Neither do I. I have copies of my old favourite shows from when I did. I think the most recent is either Babylon5 or Star Trek Deep Space 9, and even then the books are better than the final series. I stopped watching tv the year they put the first Harry Potter movie on at Christmas. From the reports I don't think I've actually missed very much.

I am still :chair but yesterday was ok. I think if I can get through today then I'll be alright. Fen, can I borrow your coat for one more day?

<.<
>.>

You can keep it. I'll have the hat raptor stich me another.

_Sian_

Registered
Reaction score
Website
:( Poor Fen. There's nothing worse than being sick in summer too, because it doesn't feel like the sort of weather you should be sick in...

*hands over camoline tea and chest rub.*

Kricket

Chirp! Chirp!
Registered
Reaction score
Good luck on the cleaning and packing. It would be amusing to see you drunk, I think...

I don't drink but I know I'd be a light weight and two sips of anything would have me under the table.

Good morning.

Little K is being a 2yr old and it's been a rough couple of nights. Going to start fresh today. :)

Reservoir Angel

Angelic by name, fiendish by nature
Registered
Reaction score
I don't know what's going on today but for some reason all my friends seem to be trying to talk me into watching My Little Pony. Weirdos.

Psychotic.Pink

Registered
Reaction score
Shoot, I hate it when I have a nightmare that bothers me. What's sad is watching some television and reading something didn't help, and it normally does. Maybe I should've started with the light on and the sugary drink. *shrugs* It was a murder dream, and I don't know why those seem to bug me more.

_Sian_

Registered
Reaction score
Website
Tired. So very, very tired.

Night all :) Have fun watching my little pony RA.

And Kricket, I think I read your inital post wrong - I was under the impression that you were drunk and your husband was helping you to bed...

Given that this can't actually be that case, I think my own bed might help improve my reading comprehension skills. :p

Night all :)

Status
Not open for further replies.