XoLeIn GaEpRuXoMyRuEp

Status
Not open for further replies.

BigWords

Geekzilla
Registered
Reaction score
C'mon, that was an obvious ploy, even for you.

I'm serious about the Spider-Man television series BTW - without it, we wouldn't have Mighty Morphin' Power Rangers, or the various color coded team series which originated in Japan to create that. And it was the first show with giant robots beating the hell out of each other on a regular basis. It's a key moment in Japanese television.

I mailed (as in postal) my viking SF story out to a magazine (and given there's pretty much only one SF&F mag that still only takes postal subs... you can guess which one I mean).

Good luck. :)

Makes me feel like I'm in the movie Office Space.

I don't have it yet, but I know where I can get my hands on a red stapler. :D

Fenika

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
It is suddenly dark and I hear thunder *rain dances*

Oh, and good luck, Gina!

Reservoir Angel

Angelic by name, fiendish by nature
Registered
Reaction score
I just saw an advert for skin cream that featured a large room of naked people spreading coloured paint on themselves...

What the fuck?

Fenika

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Rainnnnnnnnnn!!!!

I was outside with the camera when it started, trying to catch the few birds who were out before the storm. A catbird in the mulberry and a wren in the bushes alluded me.

Fen! Looks like there's a line of storms heading your way!

Bring it!

In the form of a steady drizzle that lasts for hourrrsss. If we get hit hard and fast, it will all run off.

_Sian_

Ooooh, pretty lights and sirens :D
Registered
Reaction score
Website
antagonistsneeded.wordpress.com
You brave man. We salute you.

Worst film I ever saw in the cinema was Transformers: Dark of the Moon and I'm still mentally kicking myself in the junk for having spent money on that abomination.

I'm offically using that phrase instead of "kicked myself in the head" in the less polite company I keep. That's a very... visceral image there.

Afternoon!

I should eat something.... but it's too hot.

I mailed (as in postal) my viking SF story out to a magazine (and given there's pretty much only one SF&F mag that still only takes postal subs... you can guess which one I mean). But I've wanted to get into that particular mag for aaaaages. So. Fly little story! Come back with good news!

Yay! *sends winds to help the little story fly along*

What evil things! Normally I'd recommend you tell them to get bent, but... :D

Two years ago I bought the only purse I own at a yard sale and found a pack of wooden matches from the year I was born in the inside pouch. Everything written on them was in German. It was kind of cool.

That is awesome. And almost story worthy *squints sideways at her POV*

I just saw an advert for skin cream that featured a large room of naked people spreading coloured paint on themselves...

What the fuck?

Yeah, no, I once saw an ad selling a car that literally had a girl practically pole dancing on said car - spreading legs in a leotard and everything. Who do they think buys a vintage sports car? Wouldn't anyone old enough to be rich enough have better smarts to be more than "oh... sexy"?

My brother just came down to sit in front of the heater with a blanket wrapped around him. This is the boy that walks around in shorts when it's 8 C.

It may be a little chilly here.

Reservoir Angel

Registered
Reaction score
I'm offically using that phrase instead of "kicked myself in the head" in the less polite company I keep. That's a very... visceral image there.
I'm not sure it'll have the same effect if a woman uses it. There's certain anatomical differences to be taken into account here.

Yeah, no, I once saw an ad selling a car that literally had a girl practically pole dancing on said car - spreading legs in a leotard and everything. Who do they think buys a vintage sports car? Wouldn't anyone old enough to be rich enough have better smarts to be more than "oh... sexy"?
I think it's sort of implied in the advertising world that straight men are essentially still children, or just erections that have disposable income. You can flash some tits or a vaguely attractive bit of skirt on the screen and they'll instantly be more likely to buy things. I would call it insulting, but I'm not a straight man... plus it seems to work, so you can't fault the ad guys for running with a proven strategy.

My brother just came down to sit in front of the heater with a blanket wrapped around him. This is the boy that walks around in shorts when it's 8 C.

I'm going to expose that my only knowledge of Australia comes from TV shows right now, but I was weirdly thrown by the thought of it ever being cold in Australia.

Raventongue

little orphan anarchist
Registered
Reaction score

As a general rule we women do not possess what is known as junk. May I suggest the phrase "kick myself in the clit"? :D

That is awesome. And almost story worthy *squints sideways at her POV*

Thank ya. Heh, that's the last thing I need. Hey... anyone want a free story idea?

The temp here has been perfect all day! I suppose I can't complain too much about (all the endless excessive so very very much) rain! :D

Fenika

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Send it over. The rain stopped soon after my last post. :cry:

Fenika

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I know. I did feel a few tiny drops when letting the chickens back out. Like three. *sigh*

But I do hear thunder. This shite can't keep missing us.

_Sian_

Ooooh, pretty lights and sirens :D
Registered
Reaction score
Website
antagonistsneeded.wordpress.com
I'm not sure it'll have the same effect if a woman uses it. There's certain anatomical differences to be taken into account here.
I'm going to expose that my only knowledge of Australia comes from TV shows right now, but I was weirdly thrown by the thought of it ever being cold in Australia.

As a general rule we women do not possess what is known as junk. May I suggest the phrase "kick myself in the clit"? :D

My "less polite company" is made up predominately of guys, so my thought being that they would wince more at that then at "kicked myself in the head."

It iz morning. My coffee isn't yet in my blood.

And RA, I'm 30 min from the snow fields here. So it does get a bit chilly in the winter.

And off to watch the hockey I go.

Reservoir Angel

Registered
Reaction score
Hmm... I can't decide over whether to call my society's main magic users 'Druids' or 'Shamans'.

ION: I just smashed my hand on the bathroom door :(

Fenika

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Ow. Don't do that. *cringes*

Status
Not open for further replies.