Pittsburgh Strong
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.annazabo.com
Afternoon!

I should eat something.... but it's too hot.

I mailed (as in postal) my viking SF story out to a magazine (and given there's pretty much only one SF&F mag that still only takes postal subs... you can guess which one I mean). But I've wanted to get into that particular mag for aaaaages. So. Fly little story! Come back with good news!

Tifferbugz

Doing Pirate things...
Registered
Reaction score
Afternoon!

I mailed (as in postal) my viking SF story out to a magazine (and given there's pretty much only one SF&F mag that still only takes postal subs... you can guess which one I mean). But I've wanted to get into that particular mag for aaaaages. So. Fly little story! Come back with good news!

Good luck!!!

bettielee

I'm a sparkly fairy princess!
Registered
Reaction score
Website
bettielee.wordpress.com
Well, welcome to the third world amigo! Where things like sodas in glass bottles and 4:3 ratio TV is still kicking around and very well!

Max, Max, Max - tell him about the biblio-burro! Or the library burrow - I forget the Spanish....

Afternoon!

fly, fly, fly, little story..... :)

It's morning, I have coffee....gotta go to the passive-aggressive-grunting-co-worker's housewarming....

yeah, I don't like her, but I'll get lunch. And we've all been trying to get along at work, so I'm playing nice.

slcboston

Pasture-ized
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
It's actually a teeny bit chilly here! Come over for soup!

Don't mind the border guards. They'll let you by without a passport if you do three backflips and say "tortoise".

Even with a passport, they look at you funny if you don't conform to expectations. I walked across the bridge in to Canada (at Niagara Falls) and the first words out of the guard's mouth was "Why aren't you driving?"

My response of "Have you seen the traffic?"* seemed to pacify him, but it wasn't like I was the only person walking across the bridge.

Mind you, all the rest seemed to be Canadians heading the other way.

:D

*Actual response was more polite and respectful, but essentially the same.

maxmordon

Penúltimo
Registered
Reaction score
Website
twitter.com

Reservoir Angel

Angelic by name, fiendish by nature
Registered
Reaction score
Why would anyone smash a TV set? I currently still have a CTR TV set in my bedroom, it's about 10 or 8 years ago.
I'd just gotten a shiny new HD one. Plus the 4:3 was kinda broken. It was easier to put it out of its misery rather than leave it to live the remainder of its life all alone gathering dust in the attic.

maxmordon

Penúltimo
Registered
Reaction score
Website
twitter.com
I'd just gotten a shiny new HD one. Plus the 4:3 was kinda broken. It was easier to put it out of its misery rather than leave it to live the remainder of its life all alone gathering dust in the attic.

Ah, I see now. You're right!

Plus, I guess it's fun to smash things! :D

Raventongue

little orphan anarchist
Registered
Reaction score
Augh the rain. Sun needs to come out sometime between now and me growing old please.

*makes huge cup of tea and goes to curl up in bed*

Yes, smashing things is fun :D

I used to love helping my extended family do shit to their houses. Ripping siding off with a crowbar and shizz.

Raventongue

little orphan anarchist
Registered
Reaction score
I hate plastic matches, they bend so easily.

What evil things! Normally I'd recommend you tell them to get bent, but... :D

Two years ago I bought the only purse I own at a yard sale and found a pack of wooden matches from the year I was born in the inside pouch. Everything written on them was in German. It was kind of cool.

Fenika

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I have a 4:3 TV and no intention of getting another.

Particularly since DVDs play so well on my gigantic iMac :D

And I still have no cable and never will.

Fenika

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
So we are still in a drought, and this horrid heat wave. The temperatures will be lower next week but the highest chance of rain in the 10-day is 40% tonight. Hell.

amergina

Pittsburgh Strong
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.annazabo.com
:gaah Fen! We're under a severe thunderstorm watch until 7pm. I hope some of those storms come your way.

Raventongue

little orphan anarchist
Registered
Reaction score
So we are still in a drought, and this horrid heat wave. The temperatures will be lower next week but the highest chance of rain in the 10-day is 40% tonight. Hell.

Well we've got a surplus of rain up here if you want to come north and bring it in. Just be careful to keep those clouds harnessed securely so they don't try to come running back.

Reservoir Angel

Registered
Reaction score
Hell if it's rain you're looking for come stay at my place. This whole last week we've had it. Only on and off, yes. But when it's on, it's really on!

Fenika

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
But my garden and my sad looking cherry tree and the ferns and everything could use a good rain.

Even my chickens got excited by the wet clay where I dumped their old water. Dire.

Reservoir Angel

Registered
Reaction score
But my garden and my sad looking cherry tree and the ferns and everything could use a good rain.

Even my chickens got excited by the wet clay where I dumped their old water. Dire.
Minor suggestion: Use a hose of some description.

Fenika

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I have too much yard and too much shite to do to be watering. Though I'm considering two spots for a soaking tomorrow morning if it doesn't rain.

Plus I can only use the nozzle out front. If I use the one out back I either salt my land or fry my filter... Though, that filter does need changing...

Status
Not open for further replies.