Status
Not open for further replies.

hillaryjacques

Undercover, sort of...
Registered
Reaction score
*pelts with 'smores*

Urgh! Sticky!

I've been writing this morning. Had a solid hour of quiet where everyone was sleeping. It was nice.

And I slept well last night. Of course Mr. K sacrificed him self for me. I appreciate it, but I do worry about him and trying to work with no sleep.

Sweet, and sweet!

He'll live. :D

*hides in the Cantina*

I am staying here the rest of the day.

*pets tj, sets out cucumber and sriracha sandwiches* Tea with that? :)

*nudges Cantina*

Not quite dead.

Just a flesh wound!

aliwood

Penmonkey Contrarian
Registered
Reaction score
Website
truckloadofart.wordpress.com
So I was twiddling around Smashw0rds as you do and i came across something in the category

Fiction > Fantasy > Epic

then I saw it was a short story

Epic? Short story? Does not compute, at least not in my brain. I was expecting something 17 tomes long.

Any sign of the piano player yet?

amergina

Pittsburgh Strong
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.annazabo.com
In other news, I went out for pho for lunch. It was wonderful, but the walk back in 99 F was not. OTOH, it wasn't horrifically humid, so it could have been worse.

And I'm staring down the barrel of afternoon meetings. :rant:

Reservoir Angel

Angelic by name, fiendish by nature
Registered
Reaction score
I think I've figured out what I have to do in order to not get distracted by shiny new ideas. Basically I need to not watch, play, read or listen to anything that might potentially give me other story ideas.

Only then will I truly be able to focus on one WIP... so basically, I'm never going to be able to focus on one WIP. Ever.

BigWords

Geekzilla
Registered
Reaction score
Just a flesh wound!

I love finding out whom of the membership of AW are Monty Python fans from their posts... Just thought I would mention that.

There's almost a secret club within AW where people can pass references back and forth while everyone else looks on in bewilderment. :D So amusing.

Kricket

Chirp! Chirp!
Registered
Reaction score
Do you have a sling or a swing?

My coffee tastes funny. I think the milk cow got into an onion patch.

Yes to both. Baby is picky about when he likes to be in the swing and I have to find the sling and try to remember how to use it.

I've had milk like that. :( You'd think they could could get rid of that smell/taste during the processing.

hillaryjacques

Undercover, sort of...
Registered
Reaction score
You guys, I feel so bad. Some of you may be aware of the awesome assistant I got paired with at the new day job. Lovely individual. His father is missing and, at this point, the odds of him being recovered in a healthy condition are not good. :(

Kricket

Chirp! Chirp!
Registered
Reaction score
You guys, I feel so bad. Some of you may be aware of the awesome assistant I got paired with at the new day job. Lovely individual. His father is missing and, at this point, the odds of him being recovered in a healthy condition are not good. :(

Oh no. :( What's the situation? Is his father old and wandered off or is it something more dramatic?

amergina

Pittsburgh Strong
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.annazabo.com

:(

Thoughts and prayers.

hillaryjacques

Undercover, sort of...
Registered
Reaction score
Oh no. :( What's the situation? Is his father old and wandered off or is it something more dramatic?

He's not that old. He was participating in a mountain race on the 4th and never came down. They've got the state trooper mountain rescue people, the volunteer mountain rescue people, choppers and dogs searching. I feel awful.

:(

Thoughts and prayers.

Thank you. He could use them. :)

Kricket

Chirp! Chirp!
Registered
Reaction score
Ditto Gina and BW.

ION, anyone know where I can find tips and info on writing short stories? I'm thinking about trying my hand at shorts for a while with a goal to publishing, but I'm not sure where to start because I've been writing novel length stuff for so long.

hillaryjacques

Undercover, sort of...
Registered
Reaction score
Whereabouts was he last seen, and can we help spread the word in any way?

That's sweet, but no. They know the area he's in. It's just that the terrain is rough and the clouds/rain aren't helping with visibility.

My coworkers are huddled around going on and on about all the possible worst-case scenarios, as well as some highly-unlikely ones that appear to have been inspired by CSI.

Last edited:

jallenecs

Searching for Wonderland
Registered
Reaction score
Well, we survived. Wedding's done, everything went smoothly, daughter's married and off to a honeymoon deep in the mountains of Tennessee. All's right with the world.

What have I missed here?

Kricket

Chirp! Chirp!
Registered
Reaction score
Well, we survived. Wedding's done, everything went smoothly, daughter's married and off to a honeymoon deep in the mountains of Tennessee. All's right with the world.

What have I missed here?

Congrats on the wedding! Glad everything went well. :)

hillaryjacques

Undercover, sort of...
Registered
Reaction score
ION, anyone know where I can find tips and info on writing short stories? I'm thinking about trying my hand at shorts for a while with a goal to publishing, but I'm not sure where to start because I've been writing novel length stuff for so long.

The short story forum has some excellent threads. Zan may also have some advice, as a prolific and excellent short story writer. :)

BigWords

Geekzilla
Registered
Reaction score
There is - somewhere - a primer for short story writing via 2000 A.D., plus there is the Lester Dent method (I swear that it works) - and reading Bradbury can help as well. I'm struggling to come up with something more useful than "write short stories" as an answer, as that, honestly, is the best way to learn...

tjwriter

Emerging Anew
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.kidscoffeechaos.wordpress.com
Yeah I know, but I'm a worrier.

Hard to do laundry when Baby wants to be held all day.

Do you have a sling or a swing?

My coffee tastes funny. I think the milk cow got into an onion patch.

I was going to suggest a Moby wrap or an ergo carrier. They have been lifesavers for me.

Thanks!

What have I missed here?

Congrats!!

Status
Not open for further replies.