XoLeIn GaEpRuXoMyRuEp

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fenika

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Glad u r better, Bugz

If I drool over the keyboard much more than I am, the laptop is gonna get fried...

Then it's prolly good I left out the pumpkin cake-bars which I hadn't started then but is now in the oven.

In unrelated news I am exhausted and on the edge of a fibro flare. I see a muscle relaxant in my future. And good food all week.

Oh, YUMMMM.

Tonight will be a slow-cooked black-bean soup with ancho "sour cream" (yogurt), then an orange-almond ricotta cake. And my son has requested that I make him a "whirlpool" cake, so I have to figure out what that means and how to do it. Might try a marbled molten chocolate cake. Not sure I can maintain structural integrity with a full-size cake. *ponders*

Ohhh, nice. I vote for a boston creme cake. It is one thing I truly miss with this wheat et al allergy. That and not having to cook like mad on Sundays.

Fenika

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Gina, Bos, I dunno if you've had any of the rain that has mostly missed me, but my yard is bone dry. Start the rain dance. Please. *shakes raptor femur in air*

_Sian_

Ooooh, pretty lights and sirens :D
Registered
Reaction score
Website
antagonistsneeded.wordpress.com
Don't be crude Raven. Though I have broken a sofa that way once...

Your life is far, far more interesting then mine. I am ever so slightly envious.

Um...

Did anyone else watch that and think "why is the Silver Surfer beating up his clone?"

Just me?

:popcorn:

Okay...

I found it slightly... weird as to how detailed the figures were. I mean, there were ribs and everything. Took my mind odd places when coupled with the word *clones* in your post.

It actually was dancing this time. I got a bit too into a Kylie Minogue song and one of the things that holds the mattress up cracked across the middle.

:ROFL:

Oh my. At least you were having fun :D

amergina

Pittsburgh Strong
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.annazabo.com
And back.

Why on earth did I willingly expose my conscious mind to a pipe & drum band?

But... but... It's a pipe and drum band! I love those!

I know, I'm weird. I went to a uni that had a bagpipe major. I get all kinds of nostalgic when I hear the pipes and drums.

amergina

Pittsburgh Strong
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.annazabo.com
Gina, Bos, I dunno if you've had any of the rain that has mostly missed me, but my yard is bone dry. Start the rain dance. Please. *shakes raptor femur in air*

It rained on Friday, but little good it did. I think I may have to haul hoses tonight so that my side garden doesn't croak.

Reservoir Angel

Angelic by name, fiendish by nature
Registered
Reaction score
Your life is far, far more interesting then mine. I am ever so slightly envious.
Don't be. The sofa-breaking moments tend to be few and far between. Though the "injuring myself in stupid ways" moments (which the aforementioned sofa-breaking counts as) come early and often. Just now I smashed my hand against a closed door because I can't see in the dark and my family are pricks.

Oh my. At least you were having fun :D
That I was, and fuck what the neighbours thought of my horrendous music choice!

amergina

Pittsburgh Strong
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.annazabo.com
So I pulled out the high fantasy I finished about six months ago... I have an agent request on it.

And I'm having a "who wrote this, 'cause it wasn't me" moment, because it... doesn't suck. It's actually pretty good.

I think someone's been rewriting my manuscripts.

Tifferbugz

Doing Pirate things...
Registered
Reaction score
So I pulled out the high fantasy I finished about six months ago... I have an agent request on it.

And I'm having a "who wrote this, 'cause it wasn't me" moment, because it... doesn't suck. It's actually pretty good.

Woot! Congrats on the request!!!

Reservoir Angel

Angelic by name, fiendish by nature
Registered
Reaction score
Ah, that'll be the Elves again. They do it to me too, only I once tried to catch them like Gargamel so they instead rewrite all my work to make it far worse than I remember.

Say what you will about their handiwork, those little bastards hold a grudge.

Fenika

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
It rained on Friday, but little good it did. I think I may have to haul hoses tonight so that my side garden doesn't croak.

Dire.

Btw, I liked the emoticon idea from earlier. I envision a slightly perturbed smiley with a rustic sign containing my favorite word.

Maybe we could start with :eek: and get Alley or someone to convert him.

Raventongue

little orphan anarchist
Registered
Reaction score
But... but... It's a pipe and drum band! I love those!

I know, I'm weird. I went to a uni that had a bagpipe major. I get all kinds of nostalgic when I hear the pipes and drums.

Well, it's almost physically impossible for me not to enjoy any kind of percussion music.

And the pipes on their own kind of make me want to dance. /brick'd

The thing with pipe & drum bands is, I can see why they used them in wars. Like really, really see it.

I'd be scared shitless if I knew whatever was making that sound was going to try to kill me. Even if I did have a gun/sword and 100 people in front of me with guns/swords.

Add in the artillery salute (not rifles, frickin' cannons) and I'm surprised nobody else was nervous.

astrodragon

New Dragon; thinking about coffee
Registered
Reaction score
Well, it's almost physically impossible for me not to enjoy any kind of percussion music.

And the pipes on their own kind of make me want to dance. /brick'd

The thing with pipe & drum bands is, I can see why they used them in wars. Like really, really see it.

I'd be scared shitless if I knew whatever was making that sound was going to try to kill me. Even if I did have a gun/sword and 100 people in front of me with guns/swords.

Add in the artillery salute (not rifles, frickin' cannons) and I'm surprised nobody else was nervous.

You do realise the Bagpipes are the only musical instrument recognised as a weapon of war? :)

amergina

Pittsburgh Strong
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.annazabo.com
So something like
original.gif
then?

Fenika

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
So something like
original.gif
then?

Omg, epic. I mean Dire. No, wait! *hic*

*breathes*

You have many talents.

Now, if you don't mind nits, is it possible to get less surprise? We don't want to look like we weren't expecting the apocalypse quite so much. :D

Raventongue

little orphan anarchist
Registered
Reaction score
You do realise the Bagpipes are the only musical instrument recognised as a weapon of war? :)

Yaknow, I realized after my post that that's probably the point. The war drums used across cultures and the huge frickin' Celtic battle horn the bagpipes are descended from totally simulate the approach of a huge predator.

As far as the "hunting" part of our omnivorous diet goes, humans evolved to hunt something at most a tad bigger than a horse in large groups, while armed, and chase it down by exhaustion/haranguing. We hear something big coming, we're supposed to run like hell.

Status
Not open for further replies.