XoLeIn GaEpRuXoMyRuEp

Status
Not open for further replies.

jallenecs

Searching for Wonderland
Registered
Reaction score
Got hit with some very bad news last night, guys. Can't do anything about it right now, and need a distraction. Somebody tell me something that will take my mind off things.

slcboston

Pasture-ized
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I spent an awesome weekend with the little one camping in the Great Outdoors.

:D

Though if you want a distraction, I could rant about bus-sized RVs and some of the idiot campers, or the religious group that insisted on singing around the campfire, loudly, starting at 10 PM. (They sang well, mind you, but that was so not the point.)

aliwood

Penmonkey Contrarian
Registered
Reaction score
Website
truckloadofart.wordpress.com
starting at 10 PM. (They sang well, mind you, but that was so not the point.)

I'm glad you had a good time Bos.

There's something I don't really understand though. Why do people get loud late at night? What's wrong with being loud at 10am, no one minds then do they, we're all (mostly) awake at 10 am.

CobraMisfit

I want to be Comic Sans.
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Got hit with some very bad news last night, guys. Can't do anything about it right now, and need a distraction. Somebody tell me something that will take my mind off things.

Two scientists walk into a bar. The first one says, "I'd like some H20." The second one says, "I'd like some H2O, too."

The second one died.

*All credit for this nerd joke goes to Chemistry Cat on Chirper*

Last edited:

slcboston

Pasture-ized
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Why do people get loud late at night? What's wrong with being loud at 10am, no one minds then do they, we're all (mostly) awake at 10 am.

I have no idea.

Had they sung at 9 PM, even, i would have been fine. But by 10, when my little one was exhausted and ready to sleep, was not the time to start serenading. They seemed like they were going to do it two nights in a row, but on Saturday they only sang a few and then quit. Unlike Friday's concert.

*needs earmuffs smiley*

Last edited:

10trackers

Pollyanna, Shedder of Casual Blood
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score

For June, written by a 4th grader:
4fe8777f3de2e.jpg

CAMueller

Part-time ninja
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.vampirebookclub.net
A giant cicada flew in the house late last night as I was letting the dogs out. I did not handle this gracefully. My husband did his best not to mock me, but only after he collected the thing and confirmed it was "really freaking massive."

I handle spiders fine. Loud, flying insects? Not so much. Something tells me this is going to be a long summer.

Reservoir Angel

Angelic by name, fiendish by nature
Registered
Reaction score
I think it only counts as comfort food if you don't gorge out on it. Otherwise, all bets are off.

*may or may not speak from experience*

I required gorging today. There's been a disaster of epic proportions.

Warning: Claims of disaster may or may not be exaggerated for the sake of drama.

Kricket

Chirp! Chirp!
Registered
Reaction score
Just got back from a visit to the Dr for Baby. He got shots, it made him very mad and now he's sleeping.

Now I get to catch up on cleaning since I did nothing but sleep this weekend.

*hugs* Junely, I hope things start looking up. *insert insanely cute picture here*
:)

Reservoir Angel

Registered
Reaction score
This an "Oh, the HUMANITY!" epic disaster?

Or a "Yankees win the Pennant" EPIC disaster??

I don't know what the Pennant is (and I had to Google them to make sure the Yankees actually were what I thought they were), but it's certainly an epic disaster. At least it is in my mind. In reality anyone else would call it an semi-major inconvenience.

You see my... my CD rack broke. Just fell off the wall. The broken discs were everywhere. It was like the first 20 minutes of Saving Private Ryan condensed into a few seconds and re-cast with Scissor Sisters albums, crappy pop music and musical soundtracks.

Only Duran Duran survived...

slcboston

Pasture-ized
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I don't know what the Pennant is (and I had to Google them to make sure the Yankees actually were what I thought they were),

Sorry, baseball reference.

You see my... my CD rack broke. Just fell off the wall. The broken discs were everywhere.

:Jaw:

As a fellow musicphile, I have to concur. EP.IC.

Only Duran Duran survived...

*reconsiders "musicphile" label... after quietly hiding own Duran Duran stash*

Last edited:

Reservoir Angel

Registered
Reaction score
Sorry, baseball reference.
You should know better than to reference baseball to a British nerd! What were you thinking!?

*reconsiders "musicphile" label... after quietly hiding own Duran Duran stash*
I maintain that if you don't even kind of like at least one Duran Duran song, you have no soul. They're just so catchy!

BigWords

Geekzilla
Registered
Reaction score
I maintain that if you don't even kind of like at least one Duran Duran song, you have no soul. They're just so catchy!

Even I would be hard pressed to admit owning a Duran Duran album (though I am well acquainted with the history of the band thanks to their name), but I can sympathize with the disaster... I put up a wooden case to ensure the stoopid plastic crap doesn't rob me of more albums.

hillaryjacques

Undercover, sort of...
Registered
Reaction score
Two scientists walk into a bar. The first one says, "I'd like some H20." The second one says, "I'd like some H2O, too."

The second one died.

*All credit for this nerd joke goes to Chemistry Cat on Chirper*

:ROFL: chemisty jokes. *wipes tear*

Anything that can suddenly fly/spring into action requires me to be on my guard. (This may be my most girly trait.)

This reminds me of the time I opened the storage closet in a rental condo in Hawaii and found five flyswatters. Thinking that odd, I pulled them out to show the family...and was promptly attacked by multiple flying cockroaches. There was much carnage in paradise that night. Much carnage.

Status
Not open for further replies.