XoLeIn GaEpRuXoMyRuEp

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kricket

Chirp! Chirp!
Registered
Reaction score
Well it's taken me a week to write it. Now I have to type it and edit it to perfection. We'll see how that goes.

BigWords

Geekzilla
Registered
Reaction score
The fact that you have a two year old running around, and have written a second piece means that you are, officially, ten times more awesome than I am...

*seriously considers buying a cage so I can write in peace*

Raventongue

little orphan anarchist
Registered
Reaction score
Oh mah gods. I was in the AtCT! *dies of joy*

Thanks Ali!

Poor parrot.

If he's 18 and that's his idea of a good time then trust me, he needs the hooker. Or some booze. Or drugs. Or all three.

I second this. Like, holy eff. Well, in that case, and since 18 is a huge deal, what kind of gift would you give him if he were getting married? Hypothetically.

AbielleRose

Crazy Cat Lady
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
stainedglassinthenight.wordpress.com
Well it's taken me a week to write it. Now I have to type it and edit it to perfection. We'll see how that goes.

The fact that you have a two year old running around, and have written a second piece means that you are, officially, ten times more awesome than I am...

Not just a 2 yr old, don't you have a newborn too only a month or 2 old?

*is in awe*

BigWords

Geekzilla
Registered
Reaction score
I can totally see writing while there is a baby in the room - they lie there and sleep (or, y'know, do the "filling diapers" thing) - but a kid running around, and being all hyperactive... yeah. That takes some skill to be able to time manage the writing in.

aliwood

Penmonkey Contrarian
Registered
Reaction score
Website
truckloadofart.wordpress.com

I have now been inspired to twiddle with what I have. I shall post it in a second after writing this.

Wonders who would be in the cage *roll up, roll up, see the writer at work* :D

I can totally see writing while there is a baby in the room - they lie there and sleep.
Isn't that how Mary Shelley did Frankenstein? This might be the way to go.

zanzjan

killin' all teh werds
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
VPX
VPXI
Registered
Reaction score
“I always like the idea of a plutocracy,” said Suzanne.

I feel so loved. :)

I'm going to be in the middle of moving hell for the next two weeks, with some as-yet-unresolved internet issues on the far side (new town has NO high speed internet capability.) So I'm not going to be around much for a little while, but will be thinking of y'all and hoping you have a fabulous few weeks :)

BigWords

Geekzilla
Registered
Reaction score
Wonders who would be in the cage *roll up, roll up, see the writer at work* :D

Um. Yeah. That's totally what I meant, as putting children in cages is wrong... :D

I'm going to be in the middle of moving hell for the next two weeks, with some as-yet-unresolved internet issues on the far side (new town has NO high speed internet capability.)

Try not to stress out too much - and you're willingly moving somewhere where there is no broadband... :Wha:

AbielleRose

Crazy Cat Lady
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
stainedglassinthenight.wordpress.com
I can totally see writing while there is a baby in the room - they lie there and sleep (or, y'know, do the "filling diapers" thing) - but a kid running around, and being all hyperactive... yeah. That takes some skill to be able to time manage the writing in.

I'm soooo recording you changing a diaper someday...

Reservoir Angel

Angelic by name, fiendish by nature
Registered
Reaction score
Well, in that case, and since 18 is a huge deal, what kind of gift would you give him if he were getting married? Hypothetically.
Personally I'd still get him the hooker. You know, bachelor party and all that jazz. Funnily when one of my friends got engaged (didn't end up too well on account of cheating and harlotry from his bride-to-be) I did offer to buy him a hooker as a wedding present.

It was mostly a joke.

Reservoir Angel

Registered
Reaction score
People discussing changing nappies? Oh no... no... the flashbacks!

*collapses in a corner* It was everywhere....... *rocks back and forth*

BigWords

Geekzilla
Registered
Reaction score
*collapses in a corner* It was everywhere....... *rocks back and forth*

How the hell do they get it halfway up their backs? I mean... they are covered, and they still manage to... Oh gods, the memories. *cringes* And the smell - no matter how often a small baby does a spectacular explosion in their diaper, you can never get used to that sticky, green :censored

Ugh.

Reservoir Angel

Registered
Reaction score
How the hell do they get it halfway up their backs? I mean... they are covered, and they still manage to... Oh gods, the memories. *cringes* And the smell - no matter how often a small baby does a spectacular explosion in their diaper, you can never get used to that sticky, green :censored
I'm just glad I'm off the hook for babysitting duty now. Teaching that kid the F-word was the best thing I've ever done. For me, at least. His mother wasn't much pleased with me, but luckily she never has been able to stay mad at me.

Really, words cannot express how happy I am that I will never be a father. Not unless some weird mutation happens in the next decade or so that makes men able to get pregnant. Barring that, I'm getting off scot free.

Its worse when they're exploding from both ends... in a kiddy pool... on other children swimming...
Good lord...

Kricket

Chirp! Chirp!
Registered
Reaction score

Not just a 2 yr old, don't you have a newborn too only a month or 2 old?
_
*is in awe*

Yep I got a 2.5 yr old and a 2 month old. And y'all give me way too much credit. *bows* And the older one isn't too hard. Ive been very lucky to have a child who prefers to play alone with little attention from me. He just likes having me in the same room is all.

Besides I do a lot of my writing in the wee hours of the morning when I'm up with the baby.

Reservoir Angel

Registered
Reaction score
Yep I got a 2.5 yr old and a 2 month old. And y'all give me way too much credit. *bows* And the older one isn't too hard. Ive been very lucky to have a child who prefers to play alone with little attention from me. He just likes having me in the same room is all.

Besides I do a lot of my writing in the wee hours of the morning when I'm up with the baby.
And yet you still get more writing done than someone who spends all their time sitting around the house essentially doing nothing of any value (me).

Kricket

Chirp! Chirp!
Registered
Reaction score
And yet you still get more writing done than someone who spends all their time sitting around the house essentially doing nothing of any value (me).

Well I don't mean to guilt trip, but if you feel guilted to write then you should do so. ;)

Fenika

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Now I feel guilty for not writing ;)

I also feel guilty for buying a horse. I should be saving for my future business...

BigWords

Geekzilla
Registered
Reaction score
Never feel guilty for giving an animal a good home. :)

The writing part, yeah... But we all have times when RL kicks our ass and the writing goes to the wall. I think I've written (and this is off the top of my head) about 5k in the last two weeks. Not brilliant prose either.

aliwood

Penmonkey Contrarian
Registered
Reaction score
Website
truckloadofart.wordpress.com
Never feel guilty for giving an animal a good home. :)

The writing part, yeah... But we all have times when RL kicks our ass and the writing goes to the wall. I think I've written (and this is off the top of my head) about 5k in the last two weeks. Not brilliant prose either.

If you're writing on the top of your head then count me as impressed.

I just came back to check something, and of course nothing's happened and so now I'm annoyed with myself for checking. Writers are so needy eh? (Well, this one is)

Status
Not open for further replies.