Status
Not open for further replies.

aliwood

Penmonkey Contrarian
Registered
Reaction score
Website
truckloadofart.wordpress.com
I (technically) don't watch television - DVD box sets of shows I like don't count. :)

Exactly, neither does watching them on the computer or watching the cycling via the interwebz which is what we do. It was funny though. Every time this happens the person doing the jaw dropping tends to look at us like someone has announced that they have a contagious disease or something. It's hilarious.

I guess you folks aren't coming round for today's pie or fresh bread then? Well, you'd better be here tomorrow, that's all I'm saying. (Goodness knows that's enough hints surely?)

Oh, look. It's raining again. How original.

Oh, and I wrote more words. I am up to 1063 for the day. Woo Hoo.

zanzjan

killin' all teh werds
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
VPX
VPXI
Registered
Reaction score
I (technically) don't watch television - DVD box sets of shows I like don't count. :)

Pretty much the same here, although I'll actually sit down to watch Doctor Who when a new one comes on.

Right now Eldest and I are working our way through season 1 of Community on DVD, and enjoying it immensely.

Parents are gone and I'm looking forward to a nice relaxing day of catching up on cleaning, some shopping for Father's Day and writing. Baby K is slowly making the transition to sleeping at night so I'm feeling pretty rested today.

Yay for more sleep and parents on their way back home!

Thank you. If any of you have spare time this weekend, could you possibly answer this question? It's pretty general, so I popped it over in basic writing, but any help would be appreciated.

Huh. Interesting question. I really need to think about that before I can have any hope of a useful answer.

Oh, and I wrote more words. I am up to 1063 for the day. Woo Hoo.

Yay for words and fresh-baked bread!

Packing madly for my move. Under the two-week mark now and counting down.

My next-door-neighbor went shopping with me yesterday evening so I could pick out Something Nice to Wear. I'm a geek, and my idea of the perfect outfit is a tank top and shorts, so I needed some official Girl Consultation. I have a few nice outfits, but they all predate me carrying twins to 38 weeks. Anyhow, mission was successful. Now I need to find shoes. And if things go well on Monday, maybe I'll get to pack up all the stuff in my office at work for a move there too. :)

CAMueller

Part-time ninja
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.vampirebookclub.net
I think I can now say I'm a professional editor. Publisher just released one of the books I edited. And my name is listed as the editor. OMG.

Now to get one of my own books published! LOL.

Yay, Gina! So, next step: publish your own books. Then: Take over the world! (This is everyone's endgame, right?)

In unrelated news, that charity auction I mentioned for brain cancer research? It's live. There may be 94 books up for grabs, all genre fiction. And other goodies. Just saying...

Midian

My sarcasm got the better of me.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
inkslingereditorialservices.com

Tifferbugz

Doing Pirate things...
Registered
Reaction score
Hrm...suddenly occurred to me that my cover pics in my sig might be a teeny bit big. Probably should find some smaller ones.

Raventongue

little orphan anarchist
Registered
Reaction score
*blink blink*

Holy crap. A busload of writerly questions just dumped themselves on my doorstep and demanded to be pondered before I can move ahead with my WIP. Unfaiiiiir, but I'll have to get to it.

Anyone know what that's like?

jallenecs

Searching for Wonderland
Registered
Reaction score
just got back from lunch with my friend. Here's one for the books: He asked me to come and guest lecture in his Culture of Appalachia class. My subject? "Family and Social Identity in Appalachia." Mostly he wants me to give anecdotes and practical illustrations of points he'll be making in class.

It's definitely something I can fill thirty minutes of lecture, plus twenty minutes of Q&A about. I've been dealing with Thomas' interrogations about it for eleven years! ;)

Reservoir Angel

Angelic by name, fiendish by nature
Registered
Reaction score
Just occurred to me after starting watching it again that I subconsciously took a lot of my WIP's magic system from Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood.

Ah, whatever. It makes logical sense (at least as much as magic can make) so it's not really that much of an issue. Still, makes me wonder what else I nicked from other places without realising it...

Fenika

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
*Shows up at Ali's* Foood.

Fenika

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
6.5 days and I'll be a horse owner!

Weeeeee!

Fenika

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Luckily I don't know any horses with red eyes!

Tifferbugz

Doing Pirate things...
Registered
Reaction score
just got back from lunch with my friend. Here's one for the books: He asked me to come and guest lecture in his Culture of Appalachia class. My subject? "Family and Social Identity in Appalachia." Mostly he wants me to give anecdotes and practical illustrations of points he'll be making in class.

It's definitely something I can fill thirty minutes of lecture, plus twenty minutes of Q&A about. I've been dealing with Thomas' interrogations about it for eleven years! ;)

Sounds like fun!

6.5 days and I'll be a horse owner!

Weeeeee!

Yay!!!

I know one, but it's not real (thankfully). It's only a statue at Denver airport.

Heh. They went too far to make broncos look fearsome with that thing.

Reservoir Angel

Angelic by name, fiendish by nature
Registered
Reaction score
Heh. They went too far to make broncos look fearsome with that thing.
Huh, I didn't even think of the Broncos connection. Mostly because I'm not an American Football fan (I actually had to Google "Denver Broncos" to be absolutely sure it was a football team).

I just figured the guy who made it was some kind of super-villain and it was meant to have laser-beams in the eyes but he never got round to finishing it. I shall still continue to think this because it makes me feel strangely joyous...

Tifferbugz

Doing Pirate things...
Registered
Reaction score
Huh, I didn't even think of the Broncos connection. Mostly because I'm not an American Football fan (I actually had to Google "Denver Broncos" to be absolutely sure it was a football team).

Denver takes the Broncos very seriously. And as a Colorado native, I totally get it. ;)

I just figured the guy who made it was some kind of super-villain and it was meant to have laser-beams in the eyes but he never got round to finishing it. I shall still continue to think this because it makes me feel strangely joyous...

This would make it a much cooler statue.

_Sian_

Ooooh, pretty lights and sirens :D
Registered
Reaction score
Website
antagonistsneeded.wordpress.com
Good morning Cantinas.

Congrats and yay-ness to Gina.

Sian--I'm with everyone else. Bos is a dirty old man--I mean, automatic fail points bite big donkey danglies.

Lol. I'm going to have some awful imagery going into this - rubber gloves and big...

Nope. Stopping there. *shuts brain off*

Hrm...suddenly occurred to me that my cover pics in my sig might be a teeny bit big. Probably should find some smaller ones.

Nope. They are awesomeage. And everyone deserves big cover pics once :D

Just occurred to me after starting watching it again that I subconsciously took a lot of my WIP's magic system from Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood.

Ah, whatever. It makes logical sense (at least as much as magic can make) so it's not really that much of an issue. Still, makes me wonder what else I nicked from other places without realising it...

I have done this so many times. It always irritates me when I realised something I thought was really cool and original came from somewhere else.

Egads! It's like 5,000 degrees F out there!

Send your weather down here. The continued cold and my crappy peripheral circulation has resulted in sporadic joint swelling in the fingers and cracking and flaking of skin. Give it another month or so and I will have wind blown hands.

Fenika

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Little Pepper is scratching around in her new nest box, all pleased with the digs. Meanwhile some chicks are getting a late night snack in the gloam.

Status
Not open for further replies.