XoLeIn GaEpRuXoMyRuEp

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tifferbugz

Doing Pirate things...
Registered
Reaction score
I'm having one of those super busy days where I feel like nothing is getting done. :(

You're in the hot and dry part of the south, aren't you?

It's a lovely 72 F here. Partly sunny. Not too humid. Perfect weather to not be stuck in an office.

Phoenix. Gotta love the southwest. :)

So... why does anyone live there??

:D

Because 8-9 months out of the year, it's perfect. :D

:Wha:

106???

Damn.

FYI, Las Vegas is just as hot. Don't go in the summer if you can help it. ;)

Sobbing.

I couldn't bear that sort of heat. I'd cook.

Air conditioning, my friend. Air conditioning. :D

aliwood

Penmonkey Contrarian
Registered
Reaction score
Website
truckloadofart.wordpress.com
Yeah, start in the middle. It might be nearly yhe start anyways :)

I've got an idea running through my head but it needs umph. Maybe it just needs to be darker.

I've sussed it, just now. It's taken me all day to think of it. I've got a title 'Happy Days Toy Town' (It's a song title, it saves me thinking) and it's about a kid and her nasty brother / dad / uncle who breaks her toys. So I've tried writing it from both pov. Nada. Nothing. It's as limp as a damp biscuit. So, I figured write it from the toys pov, should work a treat - or am I just rewriting Toy Story now?

I haven't read too much as I have a stinker of a headache - I think this may be writing related. I haven't managed to do any, it's driving me mad. On the temperature thing, 16C is cold and 25C is getting too warm. I think as I get older I need to live in a fairly precise temperature range. We generally live around the 18C mark, maybe going up to 20C or so in winter. If you come to visit either bring a big sweater or come on baking day.

Is there hot chocolate?

jallenecs

Searching for Wonderland
Registered
Reaction score
23 is cold for you?! That's brutal "swim or die" July weather to me...

If it never got colder than 15C, I'd never be cold.

And if it never got hotter than 24C, I'd never bitch about the heat.

Two weeks ago, it was 35C here , and I wanted to run out and kiss the weatherman!

See, Tiffers is a big tease with her 106 degrees, because it's like 2% humidity, and that sucks. It sucks all the water out of you, and leaves you a shriveled mummy on the desert floor. I like it HERE, with our 50-80% humidity; yes, I'd rather drown in the atmosphere than shrivel.

Fenika

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Happy tough skin days!

And omg, omg, my eight chickies came! I got them fed and watered and then starte sliding them under Mama Frightful. She wasn't sure at first, and I had to take one away for a minute before trying again, but now she's sitting on them with determination and giving Pepper the evil eye when she comes by. Pics and video to follow.

Tifferbugz

Doing Pirate things...
Registered
Reaction score
Two weeks ago, it was 35C here , and I wanted to run out and kiss the weatherman!

See, Tiffers is a big tease with her 106 degrees, because it's like 2% humidity, and that sucks. It sucks all the water out of you, and leaves you a shriveled mummy on the desert floor. I like it HERE, with our 50-80% humidity; yes, I'd rather drown in the atmosphere than shrivel.

I can't deal with any humidity. *shudders* Even the humidity in Chicago was too much, and that's nothing compared to your neck of the woods, I'm sure. But I grew up in the high desert, so I guess it's all in what you're used to. :)

Etola

Still looking for stars...
Registered
Reaction score
I can't deal with any humidity. *shudders* Even the humidity in Chicago was too much, and that's nothing compared to your neck of the woods, I'm sure. But I grew up in the high desert, so I guess it's all in what you're used to. :)

I wilt in high humidity + heat. Dry heat is slightly better, but just slightly.

jallenecs

Searching for Wonderland
Registered
Reaction score

I wilt in high humidity + heat. Dry heat is slightly better, but just slightly.

Dry heat just doesn't feel HOT to me. I know that doesn't make sense, but it's the best I can offer by way of explanation. The last two times I had a heat injury, it was in dry heat; I couldn't tell I was overheating until it was way too late.

Fenika

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
It's 70 and breezy here.

And the chicks are tucked under mom.

Srsly. Chick talk trumps weather talk ;) ;)

Raventongue

little orphan anarchist
Registered
Reaction score
Okay, so there was this one ruby-throated hummingbird sitting on the feeder, and another one comes by and just starts flying back and forth and back and forth in front of him for like 45 seconds. The buzzing caught my attention, I thought someone was messing with a lawnmower.

What on earth was that bird doing?

Fenika

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Okay, so there was this one ruby-throated hummingbird sitting on the feeder, and another one comes by and just starts flying back and forth and back and forth in front of him for like 45 seconds. The buzzing caught my attention, I thought someone was messing with a lawnmower.

What on earth was that bird doing?

Either showing off or considering nuking the other bird from space ;)

Did I hear someone say Germany?

1974. Never forget. :mad:

Hmm??

BigWords

Geekzilla
Registered
Reaction score
FYI, Las Vegas is just as hot. Don't go in the summer if you can help it. ;)

I'm okay up until I get into three figures, then I start to feel uncomfortable. There are photographs I have seen of the streets which you can see the heat haze, and even though I have been in that before (the station on the far side of Canterbury, with the long unobstructed train tracks for one) it always amazes me that people can go about their work in the heat...

Again... :Wha:
With a side dish of :crazy:

I would get nothing done in those temperatures, regardless of humidity.

work is trying to kill me. *that is all

:( Kick work's ass.

You may think that things are bad, but there is always a worse job you could have been doing instead - savor the good, and ignore the bad to the best of your abilities. :)

Srsly. Chick talk trumps weather talk ;) ;)

I'm British - nothing beats talking about the weather. :tongue

Did I hear someone say Germany?

1974. Never forget. :mad:

Don't you mean 1977? Sorry... :D

Fenika

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Yes, very hot. Tucked under their broody mom ;)

jallenecs

Searching for Wonderland
Registered
Reaction score
I'm okay up until I get into three figures, then I start to feel uncomfortable. There are photographs I have seen of the streets which you can see the heat haze, and even though I have been in that before (the station on the far side of Canterbury, with the long unobstructed train tracks for one) it always amazes me that people can go about their work in the heat...

Again... :Wha:
With a side dish of :crazy:

I would get nothing done in those temperatures, regardless of humidity.

And I've actually been tracking the weather in England for the last few weeks (long story), and I don't see how you can function in that weather. Wear long sleeves and jackets 24/7? I would go to pieces if every "nice spring day" equaled 15C. Too damned cold!

BigWords

Geekzilla
Registered
Reaction score
And I've actually been tracking the weather in England for the last few weeks (long story), and I don't see how you can function in that weather. Wear long sleeves and jackets 24/7? I would go to pieces if every "nice spring day" equaled 15C. Too damned cold!

T-shirts. 24/7. :)

jallenecs

Searching for Wonderland
Registered
Reaction score
BW, you're probably right about it being what we're used to. I grew up here; with maybe three brief exceptions, I've never been outside my own little corner of Appalachia. The few times I've been in other climates, it felt waaaaaay weird.

I remember, when I was a little girl, the honeysuckles bloomed on Christmas day. My favorite winter ever.

kenthepen

Registered
Reaction score
I grew up in Illinois. I've been in California for thirty years, and never adapted to the climate. I hate it. The rivers in L.A. are lined with concrete. The lakes are manmade.

But my sentence is just about up and when I get out of prison I'm moving east.

One thing California did was ruin me for flatland. Gotta have me some topography.

Status
Not open for further replies.