XoLeIn GaEpRuXoMyRuEp

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tifferbugz

Doing Pirate things...
Registered
Reaction score
Hey all--I am back from one of my trademarked Lengthy, Mysterious Absences (tm). I was swallowed up in work, house hunt, trip to Japan, and now house buying & packing.

Sorry to hear about Ray Bradbury. :( He was one of the greats!

How is everybody doing?

Congratulations on the new house and the trip! :D

amergina

Pittsburgh Strong
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.annazabo.com
Thank you! And since you are in Pittsburgh, you will know what I mean when I say we are moving from Squirrel Hill to Monroeville. The commute to work will be longer, but the houses out there are nicer and you get more for your money.

Yes. :) There's a reason I live in the northern 'burbs. :D

And since I now work in the Strip, I can still get the "walk to shops and places to eat" city feel during the week.

Fenika

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Guy Incognito lays claim only to himself and his own awesomeness. Guy Hos can write his own self-insert fic ;)

Hos better get writing.

Kricket

Chirp! Chirp!
Registered
Reaction score
Unless they are bitter old men, so hell-bent on being right that they piss off everyone in their path and insist that situations from 30+ years ago are still fully accurate and applicable.

Or women. Bitchy old women... :)

Which is what I feel like today. My body felt it necessary it remind that I am still female today. You know, because I had forgotten I guess.

I should go to bed now. :)

zanzjan

killin' all teh werds
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
VPX
VPXI
Registered
Reaction score
You're peeved because you believe in your work. That's a good thing, believe it or not. :)

Seconded.

So I just got a good hour nap before Baby K woke up again and in that time I had a wonderful dream that made me sad when I woke up and realized it could never come true. It had to do with a friend who passed away about a year a a half ago. I now have that weird happy/sad feeling.

:Hug2:

I have those dreams now and then about my brothers, and yeah, you just want to stay in the dream a while longer, because when you wake up there's that moment of realization where you have to let go all over again. Rough.

I was about to trunk a story of mine, but sent it to an anthology as kind of a last-ditch effort. And they wanted it!

Yay! Congrats! :)

My vote? Marinate that bad boy and see where things take you.

Also seconded.

This is my first impression, because a good story beats an expedient story any day. But I suspect that is the end of my experiment being "little."

Heh. My last "little" story ended up over 17k. Just go with it and try not to think about it too much :)

Hey all--I am back from one of my trademarked Lengthy, Mysterious Absences (tm). I was swallowed up in work, house hunt, trip to Japan, and now house buying & packing.

Yay for Japan and house buying & packing! Where in Japan did you go? Was it a business thing or for fun?

I theoretically close on my new house at the end of this month, but once again the relocation company that the sellers have involved keep screwing things up. Latest salvo is they won't provide me with a particular legal document until after the sale, and I can't get a mortgage without that particular document. If I don't have it by end of *tomorrow*, mortgage will get delayed, and that would be BAD. For them as well as me, but frankly I find no consolation in that.

Meanwhile, left work early today because some workmen started cutting/welding metal in the lobby right outside my office and filled my office with fumes. In 5 minutes I went from feeling fine to dizzy/nauseous, having breathing problems, and a sub-migraine headache that was messing with my vision. Came home and crawled back into bed and didn't get out again until it was time to go get sprogs from daycare. Ugh!

But, yanno, little stuff. Lots of hugs and snuggles from the little ones this evening, so it's all good. :)

aliwood

Penmonkey Contrarian
Registered
Reaction score
Website
truckloadofart.wordpress.com
Morning cantinas :Sun:

I am awake early today. Yesterday I finished an Alice Munro book. I even managed to sit outside in the shade and read it. I think our week of summer has arrived. It'll rain from next week onwards.

I've started my SFF challenge three times now. I don't like this beginning either. Maybe I should start in the middle and then go back.

I need :Coffee:

Kricket

Chirp! Chirp!
Registered
Reaction score
Hello friends!

Got the unique pleasure of waking up at midnight to tornado sirens going off. It was a little scary there for about 20 minutes but all is well now. Little K thought laying in a tub full of pillows was pretty cool though.

CAMueller

Part-time ninja
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.vampirebookclub.net
Mornings are coming too early this week. Traveling for work doesn't make me grumpy usually, but this getting at up 6 a.m. thing sure does. :gaah

Hope others are having a better week. (I have to hope because I'm too lazy to read all the posts I missed.)

On the upside, I'm celebrating two years over at my reader blog. And a certain lovely lady from the Cantina made the list of "Most Popular Guest Posts."

Fenika

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Morning cantinas :Sun:

I am awake early today. Yesterday I finished an Alice Munro book. I even managed to sit outside in the shade and read it. I think our week of summer has arrived. It'll rain from next week onwards.

I've started my SFF challenge three times now. I don't like this beginning either. Maybe I should start in the middle and then go back.

I need :Coffee:

Yeah, start in the middle. It might be nearly yhe start anyways :)

I've got an idea running through my head but it needs umph. Maybe it just needs to be darker.

amergina

Pittsburgh Strong
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.annazabo.com
Morning!

I... think I get to write tonight! Unless something new lands on the editing plate.

And I went to bed before my brother last night. That was very odd.

(My bro lives with me 2 weeks out of 4, since his job is here in Pgh, but he lives on the other end of the state. He usually goes to bed at 9 and gets up at 5. Last night, I went to bed at 12:30. He was up until 2.)

AceTachyon

Odd person
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.abnersenires.com

Sorry to hear about Ray Bradbury. :( He was one of the greats!

How is everybody doing?
Etola! It's Etolaaaaaaaaa!!!

tjwriter

Emerging Anew
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.kidscoffeechaos.wordpress.com

Kricket

Chirp! Chirp!
Registered
Reaction score
Ooo good song. :)

So bloated. Can I just stay in bed today?

AceTachyon

Odd person
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.abnersenires.com

jallenecs

Searching for Wonderland
Registered
Reaction score
Gais! Gais!! Gais!!!

I was listening to Pandora this morning while working, and I found IT. The song for my WIP. It captures everything. The darkness, the despair, the fact my MC will have to sacrifice everything. So, I thought I would share.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tcWzVUlrzdc&feature=youtube_gdata_player

I so want to go home and write.

Not really my speed -- my musical tastes are much more mundane -- but my son nearly tackled me in his haste to see the composer and URL, if that's any consolation.

But if it works for you, then dooo eeeeett!!! I vote that you fake a cough, use it as an excuse to ditch work this very second, and then dash home and write until bedtime.

Too much?

Kricket

Chirp! Chirp!
Registered
Reaction score
Yes. I deem it so. *ding*

So you're going to come here and take care of my boys? Because that would be awesome. You can have all the PB&J you want and I'll even let you borrow any of my books. :)

And TJ I've found that faking some kind of stomach problem will get you out of work super quick. No one wants to deal with throw up. ;)

tjwriter

Emerging Anew
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.kidscoffeechaos.wordpress.com
Not really my speed -- my musical tastes are much more mundane -- but my son nearly tackled me in his haste to see the composer and URL, if that's any consolation.

But if it works for you, then dooo eeeeett!!! I vote that you fake a cough, use it as an excuse to ditch work this very second, and then dash home and write until bedtime.

Too much?

I'm glad he liked it. Gemini has a Blue EP on Amazon for $4 that has this song and about 3 others.

So you're going to come here and take care of my boys? Because that would be awesome. You can have all the PB&J you want and I'll even let you borrow any of my books. :)

And TJ I've found that faking some kind of stomach problem will get you out of work super quick. No one wants to deal with throw up. ;)

I wouldn't be faking it. :( It seems our whole house has some severity of a stomach virus. I feel like vomiting but have not done so....yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.