Status
Not open for further replies.

bettielee

I'm a sparkly fairy princess!
Registered
Reaction score
Website
bettielee.wordpress.com
The cats here like stalking real bugs. Well, spiders. Does your cat make silly noises and twitches when she hunts bugs (real or imagined) too?

yes! she's such a chirper! that's part of why she got her name...

sorry - not feeling like making teh capitals.

ok, back to the edit cave - two chapters down already. my "classic" progressive radio station is fueling me with nostalgia.

hmm.... "fueled by nostalgia"... that should be a thing.'

bettielee

Registered
Reaction score
Website
bettielee.wordpress.com
My cat gets all twitchy when she's hunting snakes. Understandable, I guess.

I saw the most amazing thing on discovery channel of a feral desert cat (just a plain ol' domestic cat) killing a venomous snake. It literally worried it to death. It was a horrible thing to watch. But I did, cuz I'm all "writery" and morbid and stuff.

that should also be a thing...

Shoeless

Registered
Reaction score
Did you check the wording on the policy? Are they allowed to do that?

Apparently it's a grey area, depending on how finicky the underwriters are that are evaluating the policy. On the one hand, there's some leeway for allowing people to come in, do renovations, and drop in every few days to make sure the mail is collected. On the other hand, the absolute letter of the the "law" as it were errs on the side of "You have to move in and be living there," so we just got a bad roll of the dice on some underwriter being in a cranky mood that day when they decided to stamp "DENIED" on our policy.

Fortunately a friend of ours has a father that's the head of an insurance broker firm, so we're just falling back on that as our Plan B to find another policy.

hillaryjacques

Undercover, sort of...
Registered
Reaction score
The only item on my to-do list today is "sleep". Unfortunately my opportunity to achieve said goal is soooooooooooooo many hours away. Maybe I can sneak a catnap in the dong garden.

jallenecs

Searching for Wonderland
Registered
Reaction score
I saw the most amazing thing on discovery channel of a feral desert cat (just a plain ol' domestic cat) killing a venomous snake. It literally worried it to death. It was a horrible thing to watch. But I did, cuz I'm all "writery" and morbid and stuff.

that should also be a thing...

Yep, sounds about right. Watched one of our cats go up against a rattlesnake in our driveway a few years back, and it was like the death of a thousand cuts. Cat didn't try to jump in and go for a big kill; too dangerous, I guess. No, it stayed out of reach for a bit, wait for an opening, then reach in and stab! slash! Quick few shallow cuts with the claws, then back out of reach again before the snake could nail it. This went on for almost an hour before the snake finally was too weak or too slow. Then Kitty went in for the big kill.

Raventongue

little orphan anarchist
Registered
Reaction score
It was a horrible thing to watch. But I did, cuz I'm all "writery" and morbid and stuff.

Best. Adjective. Ever.

Be careful. Those dongs can be feisty. :ROFL:

There go the last vestiges of any heterosexual tendencies I might've had :D

I went to give blood today and flunked the iron test by two measly points. Should've eaten a bag o' nails!

hillaryjacques

Undercover, sort of...
Registered
Reaction score
Be careful. Those dongs can be feisty. :ROFL:

I'll take a hammock. And a Taser.

Should've eaten a bag o' nails!

A bag a day keeps the...structural integrity of your stomach lining away?

Coworkers are talking about getting prescription meds across the border, and how it's a great idea even if sometimes they're pretty sure they aren't the right drugs. Yeah. Sounds like a GREAT idea.

amergina

Pittsburgh Strong
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.annazabo.com
Coworkers are talking about getting prescription meds across the border, and how it's a great idea even if sometimes they're pretty sure they aren't the right drugs. Yeah. Sounds like a GREAT idea.

:eek:

umm.

In other news... The new roof will happen the end of June. Can't wait. Especially since they're going to properly vent my attic.

BigWords

Geekzilla
Registered
Reaction score

On the bright side you get to see Darwinism in action. :)

Raventongue

little orphan anarchist
Registered
Reaction score

Your coworkers win this week's dumbass award.

Although... What exactly is happening to get them the wrong drugs? Do they not know the sciencey-names of the pills they're popping or... something?

hillaryjacques

Undercover, sort of...
Registered
Reaction score
On the bright side you get to see Darwinism in action. :)

:yessmiley

Your coworkers win this week's dumbass award.

Although... What exactly is happening to get them the wrong drugs? Do they not know the sciencey-names of the pills they're popping or... something?

They're unregulated in certain other countries. There's no certainty you'll receive the drugs listed on the label, or that the chemical composition will be correct.

bettielee

Registered
Reaction score
Website
bettielee.wordpress.com
Yep, sounds about right. Watched one of our cats go up against a rattlesnake in our driveway a few years back, and it was like the death of a thousand cuts. Cat didn't try to jump in and go for a big kill; too dangerous, I guess. No, it stayed out of reach for a bit, wait for an opening, then reach in and stab! slash! Quick few shallow cuts with the claws, then back out of reach again before the snake could nail it. This went on for almost an hour before the snake finally was too weak or too slow. Then Kitty went in for the big kill.

yes! exactly this - it was terrible to watch...

yeah, not to mention the possibility of decapitation occurring on your trip. That whole "highway of death" thing happened right near where my friend used to go over the border to visit relatives. Now she's all... "We're really not that close...."

Just dipping my toe into the internet... I must go back to Gillehan again... I left a heroine fending off a tentacled creature...

luvubye!

Tifferbugz

Doing Pirate things...
Registered
Reaction score
That's kind of disturbing....

On multiple levels...

:eek:

I'll be here all week. :D

Umm, it probably says something about me that I *nearly* typed the same line when I saw that post. :D

Great minds... :e2teeth:

There go the last vestiges of any heterosexual tendencies I might've had :D

Happy to help!

It's also Quote Booked on so many levels.

:D

I'll take a hammock. And a Taser.

Keep your shovel close by, too.

Kricket

Chirp! Chirp!
Registered
Reaction score
Ooo Tiff that cover is Amazing Sexy. :D

I can't wait until I can show off covers for my books one day.

Tifferbugz

Doing Pirate things...
Registered
Reaction score
nearly at the halfway point of the edit now.

things are getting exciting....

Do I detect some evil laughter?

Ooo Tiff that cover is Amazing Sexy. :D

I can't wait until I can show off covers for my books one day.

Thank you! Showing off covers is 79% amazingsauce and 21% pure fear, in my experience. :D

Fenika

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
The only item on my to-do list today is "sleep". Unfortunately my opportunity to achieve said goal is soooooooooooooo many hours away. Maybe I can sneak a catnap in the dong garden.

I don't know how to tell you this... Dong gardens are for relaxation, but not rest and relaxation. ;)

nearly at the halfway point of the edit now.

things are getting exciting....

Go go go!

zanzjan

killin' all teh werds
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
VPX
VPXI
Registered
Reaction score
:gaah Writer-Braincramp!

Also, used the word "jackassed" in a work memo today. (As in, "So-and-so knew the technical requirements of what we needed implemented, but jackassed it anyway.") Can I verb that? It was the only word that really worked.

No carnivorous squirrels today, though.

Status
Not open for further replies.