Status
Not open for further replies.

Saronai

The Weed
Registered
Reaction score
Website
musesings.wordpress.com
I'm new around here and have nothing to add to the previous conversation in these 500+ pages. I did want to ask, in those pages, was a name for the general thread thought of yet, or are we staying with Y.A.W.N.?

If not, looking at all the names made me think of how hard it is to define and represent two different genres in one name that sounds like it could be a hangout gave me another idea to add. Hard to define and both genres go beyond in some way, add in "hang out" feature to the name and I have a pun: Beyond Limitate Inn

It's probably trying too hard though. In which case, I vote for "The Black Hole" or maybe combine it with The Watering Hole for "The Black Watering Hole" although, while it makes me sleepy, YAWN is good too.

Anyway, hello! I'm looking forward to occasionally procrastina--I mean hanging out with you!

Edit to add: My location answer gives me another idea though: The Imaginate Inn

Yeah...I could do this all day (unfortunately?)

Last edited:

amergina

Pittsburgh Strong
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.annazabo.com
YOU HAVENT SEEN IT?!? I dont know you. Its a show about a writer. Cmon! Though they have dropped his famous writing buddies, his writer brain moves the along.

Basically, I stopped watching TV for three years while in grad school and working full time. So I missed a lot of shows.

amergina

Pittsburgh Strong
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.annazabo.com
I'm new around here and have nothing to add to the previous conversation in these 500+ pages. I did want to ask, in those pages, was a name for the general thread thought of yet, or are we staying with Y.A.W.N.?

If not, looking at all the names made me think of how hard it is to define and represent two different genres in one name that sounds like it could be a hangout gave me another idea to add. Hard to define and both genres go beyond in some way, add in "hang out" feature to the name and I have a pun: Beyond Limitate Inn

It's probably trying too hard though. In which case, I vote for "The Black Hole" or maybe combine it with The Watering Hole for "The Black Watering Hole" although, while it makes me sleepy, YAWN is good too.

Anyway, hello! I'm looking forward to occasionally procrastina--I mean hanging out with you!

Edit to add: My location answer gives me another idea though: The Imaginate Inn

Yeah...I could do this all day (unfortunately?)

:welcome:

The thread name changes with irregularity, at the whim of the section moderator, I believe. But it's always the Cantina at heart. :D

10trackers

Pollyanna, Shedder of Casual Blood
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
*collapses in front of the cryo freezer*

*raises hand with effort. touches the glass*

*whimpers. passes out*

Midian

My sarcasm got the better of me.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
inkslingereditorialservices.com
Hi all. Been gone a couple weeks. It's been pretty rough for me as I lost a good friend in a motorcycle accident.

But I'm ready to pick myself up and be a somewhat normal person again.

*sigh*

jallenecs

Searching for Wonderland
Registered
Reaction score
Awww. Somebody get this lady a mansicle.

*heads for the E-Z Freeze*

What'll it be, 10? Ed? Hugh? Hands off the Winchester boys, I am claiming them later tonight.

Have we gotten the Avengers installment yet? Because that Thor dude.... mmmm!

Hi, Saronai! Welcome to the Cantina! Watch out for the Kraken, she's cranky. Has anybody seen the raptor?

10trackers

Pollyanna, Shedder of Casual Blood
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
*heads for the E-Z Freeze*

What'll it be, 10? Ed? Hugh? Hands off the Winchester boys, I am claiming them later tonight.

Have we gotten the Avengers installment yet? Because that Thor dude.... mmmm!

Hi, Saronai! Welcome to the Cantina! Watch out for the Kraken, she's cranky. Has anybody seen the raptor?

Ed, please. Thanks!

Oooh yes, Thor. Can I have a Hawkeye? That dude looks like pocket-sized fun! :e2brows:

Fenika

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
It's the four stages of dealing with confusing copyedits. Heavy on the nunchucks.

If it were me there would be more :cry:

Basically, I stopped watching TV for three years while in grad school and working full time. So I missed a lot of shows.

Abc.com! Netflix!

I own no cable so only watch the truly awesome.

*collapses in front of the cryo freezer*

*raises hand with effort. touches the glass*

*whimpers. passes out*

*opens cyrofridge, steps over 10, pulls out Ed, holds him over the smibble pit* So, about that p0rn request...

Hi all. Been gone a couple weeks. It's been pretty rough for me as I lost a good friend in a motorcycle accident.

But I'm ready to pick myself up and be a somewhat normal person again.

*sigh*

:Hug2:

The screams at night indicate many folks have seen the raptor. The bones indicate they failed to survive the experience.

Stay outta the tall grass.

In other news it was a nice evening until the neighbor decided to mow the lawn. I havent mowed mine yet but he still mows too much. My work friend keeps telling me she knows where I can get a free mow boy. It's sadly humorous no matter how old.

Shoeless

Registered
Reaction score
Been gone a couple weeks. It's been pretty rough for me as I lost a good friend in a motorcycle accident.

I can relate. An old acquaintance of mine died in a head on collision while she was cycling cross country in Thailand a few months back. Condolences.

It's not so bad, although I think the copyeditor might be some kind of robot.

That is the very best kind.

Tifferbugz

Doing Pirate things...
Registered
Reaction score
Trying to be productive over here, but I really just want to nap. But that may be due to the number of blog posts I need to write. I love bloggers for hosting me (so very much <3), but I feel like I need a nap every time I look at the list. :Shrug:

Saronai

The Weed
Registered
Reaction score
Website
musesings.wordpress.com
Stay outta the tall grass.

In other news it was a nice evening until the neighbor decided to mow the lawn. I havent mowed mine yet but he still mows too much.

This is bad news for your evening because you like the raptors, or because you want the neighbor to get eaten by them?

Joking aside, yeah, I wouldn't want to live next door to that either, mostly because my allergies act up every time the lawn gets mowed (I can't do it myself without ending up in the hospital hooked up to a breathing machine).

Thanks for the welcome everyone, and The Cantina works just fine. And while YAWN makes me sleepy, there's no arguing that they're contagious, yeah? :D

As to Midian, I'm sorry to hear that :( I'm horrible at condolensces I never know what to say, but I feel like saying nothing makes people feel ignored which definitely isn't good. So I'll just leave it at my sympathies. I can empathize with your pain and hope returning to some normalcy will help improve your spirits.

Raventongue

little orphan anarchist
Registered
Reaction score
I'm one of those people that tends to avoid mentioning losses. But Midian, know that I've totally got hugs on hand should you need them.

Fenika

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Saronai- the sound of the mower is more obnoxious than raptors. ;)

No bogarting the brothers, Fen. :p

Huh? Who? What brothers?

And
Uh
<<
>>
what does bogart mean again?

Color me clueless.

I'm watching Castle... the last few episodes, I've totally got it before anything terribly intense happens...

The take on "The Game" episode... obvious.

Hmmm? Pm me?

jallenecs

Searching for Wonderland
Registered
Reaction score
Huh? Who? What brothers?

And
Uh
<<
>>
what does bogart mean again?

*lets Fen take the heat for my sins. Snags the Winchester boys out of the E-Z Freeze and sprints for the dong garden*

See ya!

Andelana

Secret Stick-Figure Superhero
Registered
Reaction score
Recursive Carrot Top? Recursive Richard Simmons? This, even?

IT WASN'T A CHALLENGE! Augh.... Not. Enough. Brain. Bleach....

I had a crazy dream last night too. Mine seem to all revolve around some sort of apocalypse.

Mine, too! That or being a noir detective. Mostly apocalypse, though... There have been several with large asteroids, at least one with killer alien robots, one with something like zombies, mostly they're about war, though...

By the way, insomnia sucks. :( Stupid 2am.

Tifferbugz

Doing Pirate things...
Registered
Reaction score
Mine, too! That or being a noir detective. Mostly apocalypse, though... There have been several with large asteroids, at least one with killer alien robots, one with something like zombies, mostly they're about war, though...

By the way, insomnia sucks. :( Stupid 2am.

Insomnia totally sucks. :( :Hug2:

Mine usually involve some sort of zombies or unidentified monsters that require lots of clever running and assembling of people and weapons. Also, I'm generally hauling my cats around and having to keep track of them. >.>

Status
Not open for further replies.