Status
Not open for further replies.

BigWords

Geekzilla
Registered
Reaction score
The only quote coming to mind is "The horror. The horror."

Lord Acton, what a chap...

I can dig out some sensible books and look for something less histrionic.

ETA: Though I have said I would pull other books out and help people with research, but then I got dragged into the AW chat, so...

Debio

Back from the land of the dead.
Registered
Reaction score
Living in a library would be very nice. I don't own nearly enough books. My wife would disagree however. I definitely need to remodel so I can get more wall space for shelves.

Sorry, I haven't been around much lately. Work computers suck at two of the places I've been sent, and I don't have enough time anymore at the third.

I am keeping an eye on the Cantina, so I'm keeping up. But posting is difficult with those two blasted networks. They've done something to make it as difficult as possible to use the net.

But enough of me. Hugs to all, keep talking about topsoil and gardening please, I'm learning stuff.

Fenika

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
The only quote coming to mind is "The horror. The horror."

Lord Acton, what a chap...

I can dig out some sensible books and look for something less histrionic.

ETA: Though I have said I would pull other books out and help people with research, but then I got dragged into the AW chat, so...

Dire.

Here's another gardening tip. Don't trust runnerless strawberries to be sans runners. Luckily it was only one of five. Sadly, in a fit of desperation I bought three more from the same place. They look promising to being true to their type.

Fenika

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Also, everyone is invited over for fresh salad. Byo dressing.

bettielee

I'm a sparkly fairy princess!
Registered
Reaction score
Website
bettielee.wordpress.com
I got a lot of editing to do!

I don't know if any of our resident moms have been around yet, but a happy mother's day to you all.

Hey, Fen, how be the chickens??

It's overcast and going to be in the 60's today. An excellent day to finish editing the ol' opus. I made extra coffee. No snacks... so I'm thinking of making the last thing of biscuits so I can have ready nutriment when the sh*% starts going down.

I'm staying out of P&CE for now. I think this is a good plan of attack for keeping my sanity. What little I have left.

zanzjan

killin' all teh werds
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
VPX
VPXI
Registered
Reaction score
Oh you spoiled people with your topsoil. :)

Not only do I have topsoil, I have river topsoil. And no rocks. I fenced in my entire yard, dug postholes down 3' each, and I hit I think one rock bigger than a pingpong ball.

Of course, now I'm moving up into the hills, so will be a different story.

*snort* I own... a disturbing number of books.

Having to pack all my books is making me keenly aware of just how many I have.

I don't know if any of our resident moms have been around yet, but a happy mother's day to you all.

Thank you! :)

I'm staying out of P&CE for now. I think this is a good plan of attack for keeping my sanity. What little I have left.
A good plan. That place is entirely guaranteed to make me totally lose my sh*t at someone, and seriously, if I wanted to spend my energy arguing with idiots, I'd just hang out on FB more.

Shadowflame

Gametrovert
Registered
Reaction score
Happy Mother's day to all the moms!

Kind of a bittersweet kind of day here. My grandpa has been diagnosed with lung cancer, inoperable. He's started radiation treatments for pain control, but no telling how long this will last. We're going today to my grandparents for bbq, but this might be the last time he's well enough for all of this.

But anyway, hope everyone has a good day.

Will see you later.

hillaryjacques

Undercover, sort of...
Registered
Reaction score

A very good plan.

Kind of a bittersweet kind of day here. My grandpa has been diagnosed with lung cancer, inoperable. He's started radiation treatments for pain control, but no telling how long this will last. We're going today to my grandparents for bbq, but this might be the last time he's well enough for all of this.

Sorry, Shadow. :Hug2:

Fenika

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Cheers B. The chickens are well and continue to cost me money (8.50 for electric wire, so not dire except the part where I got ripped off). Pepper is a young adult now at 16 weeks and definitely a girl. She's a little runty, but that's okay. It just makes her cuter. Frightful, when out, comes running when I open the porch door. Not when I walk around to the back yard. The porch door is associated with her getting treats. Chickens aint dumb.

The parrots are also well and staying out of trouble for once.

bettielee

I'm a sparkly fairy princess!
Registered
Reaction score
Website
bettielee.wordpress.com
I was watching cockatiels whistle the imperial death march the other day and thought of you...
I don't know why...

And this is so freaking cool. There is a radio station on itunes called Classic Live 105. It is what I grew up listening to. My love for that station was obsessive (this was back when "Alternative" didn't really exist, but was called "Progressive" and consisted of INXS, u2, Siouxie and the Banshees, REM, Jesus and Mary Chain, the Bauhaus, all that great stuff) When I moved to Oklahoma as a teenager, I taped live 105 for weeks and weeks so I could take the music with me.

As time went on, Live 105 evolved - it's always been the place for "new music" - it took on and played Alternative when it rose to power, it still plays new indie bands and all that stuff, but I miss the old classics of my childhood.

Classic Live 105 is just that.

They are playing I Fought the Law by the Clash right now.

Fenika

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
The 'tiels made you think of me for we are awesome. The tiels and I. Not me and god. Well, maybe I could start using the royal We. :D

In other news, I'm so fking tired. Been dragging all day. Should have had nap. Must transplant. Gah.

amergina

Pittsburgh Strong
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.annazabo.com

Yeah. P&CE can boil the blood in bad ways.

It's a rainy day here today. We went to visit my grandmom in the home, and she was having one of her confused days. So confused that she was pretty darn sure that her son (my father) didn't have a daughter. Um. I'm pretty sure he did. (Strangely, she remembered that my brother had a daughter... and even her name.)

She also kept asking my dad if he was going to call my mom to let her know where he was. My mom was sitting next to my grandmom.

Grandmom is 94, so it's not horribly unexpected. Still, it's hard... more to see my Aunt and my dad handle it. This is the last of my grandparents, so I've been down this road before. But this is their mom, so...

Yeah. Tonight is dinner and pie. Mmm. Pie.

amergina

Pittsburgh Strong
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.annazabo.com
Also, BigWords, that Avi is scary. There are some things that should remain hidden in the dark corners of the Internet...

jallenecs

Searching for Wonderland
Registered
Reaction score
531317_310688412340182_159305150811843_713801_456670787_n.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.