Not open for further replies.

Midian

My sarcasm got the better of me.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
inkslingereditorialservices.com
Colorist?

Pfft, please. I have no objections to going gray. Beats going bald, certainly.

Of course, my hair is also fairly short.

:D

You men have it so easy. You have the comb-over, the colored hair spray thingy stuff, or just shaving your head. Men with gray hair look distinguished. My gray hair looks like coarse poodle hair sticking out of my stick straight dark hair. Ugh.

I would shave my head if I didn't have a big dent in it. I'm not vain enough to feel uncomfortable bald, I'm down with the Grace Jones/Sinead O'Connor look, but too vain for the dented head.

hillaryjacques

Undercover, sort of...
Registered
Reaction score
You men have it so easy. You have the comb-over, the colored hair spray thingy stuff, or just shaving your head. Men with gray hair look distinguished. My gray hair looks like coarse poodle hair sticking out of my stick straight dark hair. Ugh.

I would shave my head if I didn't have a big dent in it. I'm not vain enough to feel uncomfortable bald, I'm down with the Grace Jones/Sinead O'Connor look, but too vain for the dented head.

I think my hair has decided to try the Cruella de Ville. All the silver is coming out on one side.

Trust me, a shaved head isn't as nice as it sounds. For one, it's really cold. And b) heads are way weirder shaped than you might think.

amergina

Pittsburgh Strong
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.annazabo.com
The gray is such a recent phenomenon for me. I found my first gray hair at 24 but it was only one or two strays that I came across occasionally until about two years ago. It wouldn't be so bad if it were a cool Bonnie Raitt streak in the front or even a nice Emmy Lou Harris all-over silver.

Instead I get these scraggly broken guitar strings all over the place that just muddy my hair.

Where's the colorist?

*heads to the salon*

There's a reason I have shockingly red hair with highlights that range from blond to violet. And the occasional blue.

It's hiding alllll the gray.

Midian

My sarcasm got the better of me.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
inkslingereditorialservices.com
There's a reason I have shockingly red hair with highlights that range from blond to violet. And the occasional blue.

I only recently dyed over my purple hair. It's too long and dark and requires too much work and bleach to maintain. My husband refused to help me with the hard to reach places which meant I had the ever growing need for bleach. I went to black and realized that black dye is surprisingly almost as nonpermanent as Manic Panic.

Debio

Back from the land of the dead.
Registered
Reaction score
To all in the Cantina, regulars and lurkers both.

I have not posted for a while because I made an ass of myself. I have spent the time trying to decide the best way to apologize without disrupting the Cantina any more than I already have.

The only thing I can think to do is just apologize. I am sorry. I was made more aware than ever how out of touch I am with things. I have always had a problem with humor and frequently saying things that were not as funny as I thought when I blurted them out. I am not trying the “it was just a joke” defense. What I said was insensitive, sexist and wrong.

I have not been in America for any length of time since 1997. I have read about things that I find hard to believe could actually be happening. It is more like some dystopia I picked up at the bookstore than reality. This is not an excuse. I only say this because I want you to know that in the future I will try my best to remember that things are happening internally in America that I am not experiencing, that even the little I have heard about the bad things is only the tiniest fraction of the total of living through it.

I am very sorry for saying what I did. I am sorry for hurting anyone who read what I posted. I cannot unsay what I said. I can only promise that I will do my best to never say anything like that again, here or anywhere.

If anyone wants it, I will edit that post and replace the remark with something like :

I have removed a sexist comment that has no place in public discussion or even in private thoughts. It especially had no place in the Cantina.

Or I will leave it so that others may learn from my mistake. I leave that up to the members of the Cantina.

It seems I need to educate myself on the current state of these kinds of issues in America. If anyone is interested in PMing me with links about what is happening, they will be gratefully accepted and read. It seems I am out of touch far too much.

I am sorry. I will not let it happen again.

David

jallenecs

Searching for Wonderland
Registered
Reaction score
I am sorry. I will not let it happen again.

David

Debiooooooooooooo.......

Come home............

We need you to judge the haiku.........

--Echo heard off the top of Mt. Fugi

Debio

Back from the land of the dead.
Registered
Reaction score
I've been around and wanting to write some Haiku myself. I've just been waiting till I could get that done. Honest.

So you want me to judge, huh? Are you sure that's wise? I'm living in Japan, home of the haiku.

Sorry it took so long.

Haiku Rocks. And I've been practicing.

I had too many classes today, the above, I'm not sure it's coherent. I'm not under the influence either.

Fenika

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Sometime this summer or next spring, I may also pick your brains for info. I am contemplating the Keeping of Chickens.

ETA: assuming the house comes through, of course. *still* waiting.

Good luck. And grab Storys guide to Backyard Chickens or whatever its called. Get the newest edition from amazon or half.

bettielee

I'm a sparkly fairy princess!
Registered
Reaction score
Website
bettielee.wordpress.com
Greetings all!

New plug in cord came for modem. Doesn't fit in tiny little hole. Sigh. *goes back to using old cord*

I think I'm going to call and ask for a new modem, and see if I can still get the gift card deal.

Supposed to go clean the old apartment... haven't heard when sister is rolling into town with the steam cleaner...

How's everyone?

Is it just me, or is the cantina really slow here lately??

zanzjan

killin' all teh werds
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
VPX
VPXI
Registered
Reaction score
Is it just me, or is the cantina really slow here lately??

Yeah. Everyone is very busy writing, and about six hours from now at least eight people are going to post that they wrote over 2k*. Right, everyone? Don't make me volunteer you.

* Not me, though, I'm busy packing.

amergina

Pittsburgh Strong
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.annazabo.com
No writing for me today. I'll be editing.

Maybe tomorrow I'll write. I may have to start taking the iPad and keyboard into work to write during lunch, at this rate. because 250 words a day is better than ZERO. :(

aliwood

Penmonkey Contrarian
Registered
Reaction score
Website
truckloadofart.wordpress.com
Well, it's just been nutz outside my door. Almost literally in fact. A significant amount of police officers appeared ouside this morning in their nationwide manhunt, including a dog and a helicopter with it. The photo in the link is taken from the front window of my next door neighbour as far as I can work out. (Yes, my house looks like that too, except it has less drive and more garden). We went out for a walk just now - a slightly scary prospect given himself has a similar hairline, and people can be a bit quick on the assumption in these cases. The police helicopter was flying about over town so at times we were having to shout at each other to be heard, and there were police cars, parked and moving, all over the place. It was crazy.

I also saw a swallow flying over the park pond, and a squirrel scavenging in a bin, no police there.

I think the only snag with waking up four hours early is that now my body thinks it's four hours ahead of where it normally is and so it's almost bed time.

jallenecs

Searching for Wonderland
Registered
Reaction score
New Glasses! New Glasses! I can see what the hell I'm doing!

Tifferbugz

Doing Pirate things...
Registered
Reaction score
*zooms through, waving again*

We have company in town until Monday. So much zooming!

Went to the doctor today for severe back pain. He said it sucks to get old.

Heh.

Sure does. But is 37 really that old? I don't feel old...well...except for the pain in my back and the gray hair exploding all over my head and I think I'm getting crow's feet.

Sigh.

Dude. I'm 31 and have been doing physical therapy for my back for the last two months. Getting old happens sooner than we expect. :(

Your hair sounds awesome.

No writing for me today. I'll be editing.

Maybe tomorrow I'll write. I may have to start taking the iPad and keyboard into work to write during lunch, at this rate. because 250 words a day is better than ZERO. :(

How do you like writing on the ipad/keyboard combo?

Shoeless

Registered
Reaction score
I took my friend, an extreme noob to gardening, to Lowes with her husband and helped them decide what to get and how to put together a container garden. She was so excited, and I had fun filling her head with info.

I may also end up picking your brain about this. We're moving into our new home in August, and it actually has a gorgeous backyard garden. Problem; we have zero gardening experience. So it looks like we'll have to pick up on this stuff pretty damn quick if we don't want all that hard work by the plants to up and die on us.

Kricket

Chirp! Chirp!
Registered
Reaction score
Howdy Friends!

I just came by to drop this here. :)

New%2Bcamera%2B032.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.