amergina

Pittsburgh Strong
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.annazabo.com
An arrow to the knee beats a ballista bolt to the... well, anywhere, really.

I get to play with the ballista again this Sunday. And on Saturday, I celebrate Grant's Birthday.

I have odd friends.

zanzjan

killin' all teh werds
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
VPX
VPXI
Registered
Reaction score
Best ebay ad ever. Or, y'know, right now.

Meanwhile: *still* waiting on house stuff :gaah: and just got a 278-day rejection. Something can go my way now, please.

zanzjan

killin' all teh werds
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
VPX
VPXI
Registered
Reaction score
I have odd awesome friends.

Fixed it for you.

*sigh* It's so good to be home. *curls up on couch*

I have a rare moment where both little boys are sleeping and Mr. Kricket is out doing some much needed shopping. I should be resting but I don't have my pain meds yet and it's hard to get really comfy right now.

Yay for being home. Hopefully Mr. Kricket is bringing you back the meds? Also, where is the cute baby pics so we can all oooh and aaaah?

And then I'm all "Oooh, electronic music!" And that takes me to Jean Michael Jarre's Oxygene (part II). And I'll just go down the rabbit hole with Jean for a while (God, the hours I spent listening to Jarre in high school).

Me too. Lately I've been listening to an awful lot of this, which has become my defacto first-drafting music.

Have you ever seen a woman mow the lawn when there was a man they could make do it?

:flamethrower

Yes: me.

hillaryjacques

Undercover, sort of...
Registered
Reaction score
Using get implies that they may do it themselves. Have you ever seen a woman mow the lawn when there was a man they could make do it? Now, I'm going to go hide, just in case.

I find it interesting that you posted this knowing you would get flak for it, and rightly so. Well, interesting might not be the right word, but I'll use it for now.

Meanwhile: *still* waiting on house stuff :gaah: and just got a 278-day rejection. Something can go my way now, please.

:Hug2: I'm sure it'll turn around soon. :)

Debio

Back from the land of the dead.
Registered
Reaction score
I find it interesting that you posted this knowing you would get flak for it, and rightly so. Well, interesting might not be the right word, but I'll use it for now.

Masochistic is the word I hope you are looking for. I posted it hoping I would get flak for it. Also hoping that all of you knew I don't really believe that.

But, that way of thinking leads to danger. I am still weeding out undesirable personality traits and this is one of them. I apologize for that post.

hillaryjacques

Undercover, sort of...
Registered
Reaction score
Also hoping that all of you knew I don't really believe that.

But, that way of thinking leads to danger. I am still weeding out undesirable personality traits and this is one of them. I apologize for that post.

No, we didn't know. And some of us will never believe it, regardless of your explanation. Posting online unfortunately removes tone from statements, so it's hard to tell if someone is kidding or deadpanning or serious. Sarcasm is sometimes difficult to detect in person, and virtually impossible to understand in a written statement from a stranger or infrequent acquaintance.

Regardless, if you didn't mean it you still said it. That doesn't just affect the women and men you (jokingly) insulted. It affects people who have negative feelings about women in general. It supports their hateful beliefs.

Maybe I'm sensitive right now after reading, daily, anti-female sentiments from "leaders" throughout our country. Actually I know I'm sensitive. I have a decent sense of humor, but it's hard to maintain when you're repeatedly told that you're inferior and don't count as a human, and then someone like you makes an offhand remark like that.

If you're still reading, maybe read this. While I'm not saying that your statement is as damaging as this, the principle is the same.

Shoeless

Registered
Reaction score
I just watched every single opening to a James Bond movie back to back. Words cannot describe how classy the 60s were when it came to theme songs. Although the 00s have some pretty nice art direction.

aliwood

Penmonkey Contrarian
Registered
Reaction score
Website
truckloadofart.wordpress.com
Morning cantinas :Sun:

My brain is considering the idea of the matrix plus James Bond.

It rains again, although the drought continues.

My brain is considering how to turn a spare bedroom into a room suitable for writing in when it's currently covered in knitting things and half the time it is a computer workshop. My house needs more thought and more decorating.

I need more :e2coffee:

tjwriter

Emerging Anew
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.kidscoffeechaos.wordpress.com
I. Want. to. go. to. SLEEP.

Boy child has been up for a couple of hours in the middle of the night and I'm exhausted, seeing as I stayed up late to spend time with hubby.

Also, thunder and sheets of rain.

eyeblink

Barbara says hi
Registered
Reaction score

I know the feeling, zanzjan. But then again there are things like this. Congratulations!

And congratulations to mother and sprog Kricket - the Cantina next generation?

In just over an hour I'll be off to probably-not-very-sunny Yorkshire for the Bradford Film Festival's widescreen weekend. Given how bad last year was for me, I decided to treat myself. My hotel should have free wifi, so I may be dropping in every now and again, but otherwise I'll be back home on Monday evening, UK time.

Have a good weekend, Cantina.

CobraMisfit

I want to be Comic Sans.
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score

I literally LOL'd out loud and had to send it to The Sister Unit. This absolutely got the morning off on the right foot. Thank you!

What's even funnest is back when CobraMrsFit and I first dated, she drove a '95 Grand AM. Had I know the sheer fantabulousess then, we'd have kept the piece of sh- uh, uber-eipc vehicle!

Last edited:

10trackers

Pollyanna, Shedder of Casual Blood
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Which one did you get?

By the way, the cover to the upcoming Gunmetal Magic kicks ass.

I got On The Edge, first book in the Edge series. I read 85% (yes, I have a Kindle :D) in one day. Used to be only Kresley Cole's books made me do that!

:Hug2: I'm sure it'll turn around soon. :)

Not to worry you, Suzanne, but it may not. Shit has been piling up in my life for the past year or so and it keeps getting worse. Then again, I may have done something to piss off Karma in a past life. Who knows! Congrats on the first place Eye linked to, though :Jump:

I literally LOL'd out loud and had to send it to The Sister Unit. This absolutely got the morning off on the right foot. Thank you!

It was flagged for removal when I clicked :( Tell meeeeeeee.

Gilroy Cullen

Handsome servant of a redhead
Registered
Reaction score
Website
swordsvspens.blogspot.com
I'm still amazed that so many people here have actually played Skyrim. When did RPGs become so mainstream? Not that I'm bashing people that play RPGs, I'd just gotten used to the idea they were a niche thing.

Here I was thinking the arrow in the knee comment was either Hunger Games or The Five Year Engagement snark.

Heck, I've played Skyrim... Though for me, I frequently walk around with arrow in head. :>

CobraMisfit

I want to be Comic Sans.
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I knew there was a reason why we loved Chirper....

constraints.png

AceTachyon

Odd person
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.abnersenires.com
Good morning Cantina.

I am sans pants.

And Doctor Jericho says hi. He's locked himself in his Command Center and has been playing 80s music for the last four weeks. Also, excerpts from Road House and Red Dawn. And Buckaroo Banzai.

slcboston

Pasture-ized
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I knew there was a reason why we loved Chirper....

Now I have to look up what an epigram is.... :idea:

Though I confess, I've always felt that, worst case scenario and I needed to keep the chirper thing going but ran out of other things I felt comfortable posting, I could always fall back on haiku.

:D

Kricket

Chirp! Chirp!
Registered
Reaction score
Good Morning Friends!

Been a quiet morning so far, which is good because I'm tired and in pain. And I'm still being a nice person and letting Mr. Kricket sleep in. He was up in the early AM with Baby Kricket, so he deserves it.

Hehe! That is amazing.

Yay for being home. Hopefully Mr. Kricket is bringing you back the meds? Also, where is the cute baby pics so we can all oooh and aaaah?

Yes, he brought the meds so I'm better now, in general. And the pics might be up today or tomorrow. We're still taking some and I'm working on the blog post for them all.

slcboston

Pasture-ized
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
And it is the last day of the semester here! :partyguy:

Which shall be followed by several days of grading essays and papers. :e2bummed:

And then a week off! :snoopy:

And then uncertainty over summer employment: :e2bummed: *redux*

Yeah, it's like that.

Last edited:

Fenika

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Hmmm. So I finally got a promo but I should have had it back in January. Yay?

Status
Not open for further replies.