Status
Not open for further replies.

aliwood

Penmonkey Contrarian
Registered
Reaction score
Website
truckloadofart.wordpress.com
I'm still amazed that so many people here have actually played Skyrim. When did RPGs become so mainstream? Not that I'm bashing people that play RPGs, I'd just gotten used to the idea they were a niche thing.

Never played Skyrim, but I have RPG'd. Surely in here we are a mainstream niche, or maybe an inglenook?

Kricket

Chirp! Chirp!
Registered
Reaction score
*sigh* It's so good to be home. *curls up on couch*

I have a rare moment where both little boys are sleeping and Mr. Kricket is out doing some much needed shopping. I should be resting but I don't have my pain meds yet and it's hard to get really comfy right now.

Welcome to the Cantina, Deb.

Because you asked...

Stuff We Are Laughing At/With in the Cantina:
(with apologies to GNR, but not Axel)

We've had guys that are crazy, a new Cantina baby (yah Kricket!), bad SpellCheck and new novels.
A little writers block, a ton of slow work clocks, and messy homes and hovels.
There's the garden of dongs, 80s songs, plus debates on who's a geezer.
As The Cantina Turns, half-ideas that burn, and Ed (who is still in the freezer).
We have fresh smibble pyres, are waiting for Catching Fires, and we snicker at wacky plot-bunnies.
We have new voting woes, some well-timed prose, and quotes that are epically funny.
Finally there are multi-quote smiles, steamy word piles, and a smiley that also nods.
So no matter what you think, or how much you drink, our humor is 100% odd.

*stage dives* *crowd surfs*

Awe! Some! I hope you save these little... jingles, yes, I shall call them jingles. Anyway, I hope you save them somewhere because they are great.

Dudes.

I miss you more than Christmas. Waiting on modem power supply to come in the mail.... it is so hard to have no tv AND no internet.

Apt of awesome is still awesome, tho. And I don't have a camera. I asked my dad to take photos - but he is technologically challenged, so I won't have them in my email until they get back later next week.

Glad the move went well. And I know hoe it feels to not have internet or tv. Had to do the same thing when moved here. It sucks.

hillaryjacques

Undercover, sort of...
Registered
Reaction score
*sigh* It's so good to be home. *curls up on couch*

I have a rare moment where both little boys are sleeping and Mr. Kricket is out doing some much needed shopping. I should be resting but I don't have my pain meds yet and it's hard to get really comfy right now.

Best moments ever. :) Too bad they don't come that often.

Glad you're home and doing well, though jealous of the meds. Bastards at my hospital were like "try not to pass out in the shower, and don't let the door hit you on the ass on the way out".

10trackers

Pollyanna, Shedder of Casual Blood
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Best moments ever. :) Too bad they don't come that often.

Glad you're home and doing well, though jealous of the meds. Bastards at my hospital were like "try not to pass out in the shower, and don't let the door hit you on the ass on the way out".

Your user title is disconcerting to me.

Tifferbugz

Doing Pirate things...
Registered
Reaction score
Got my hair done this morning. *waves goodbye to too much money and 6 inches of hair*

How goes it in here? :D

I saw one of my friends list her as a favorite author and ordered a book by Ilona Andrews. Will I regret this?

Also, why the hell was the kindle edition more expensive than the paper version? Four dollars!

Awesome writers. Prepare to kiss your free time goodbye for a while, especially if you picked up a Kate Daniels.

Well poop.

Motivation has screeched to a halt.

*stares at WIP* *wills it to write itself*

eh, screw it.

*eats a donut*

Gogo!!!

Well, I am loving this book so far. I'm ignoring deadlines and other responsibilities :D

:D

Because you asked...

We've had guys that are crazy, a new Cantina baby (yah Kricket!), bad SpellCheck and new novels.
As The Cantina Turns, half-ideas that burn, and Ed (who is still in the freezer).
We have fresh smibble pyres, are waiting for Catching Fires, and we snicker at wacky plot-bunnies.
We have new voting woes, some well-timed prose, and quotes that are epically funny.
Finally there are multi-quote smiles, steamy word piles, and a smiley that also nods.

Awesome.

This is your alternative to asking a question? You're quite harsh on yourself, you know? :)

So I'm trying to write a romance. Instead I've got a rapidly-rising body count. I think that maybe this is my mind's way of "balancing" the forthcoming mushy stuff. I am a little disturbed by this. Also, I'm running out of unique ways to describe guts. :(

Sounds like an awesome romance to me. *shrugs*

Why? All is says is that I'm fucking carefree. What's disconcerting about that? :tongue

:evil

hillaryjacques

Undercover, sort of...
Registered
Reaction score
I am still giggling, mortified and kind of turned on.

I know. It's like some kind of magic!

Got my hair done this morning. *waves goodbye to too much money and 6 inches of hair*

Sounds like an awesome romance to me. *shrugs*

:evil

Is it purty? Do you loves it?

I'm making it romantic now. *sews little heart-shaped buttons onto hero's sleeve*

Tifferbugz

Doing Pirate things...
Registered
Reaction score
Is it purty? Do you loves it?

I'm making it romantic now. *sews little heart-shaped buttons onto hero's sleeve*

Idk, it's different. Darker than my hair has been since I made the unfortunate choice to dye it black in high school. It's like a dark blonde and now shoulder length.

Heart-shaped buttons? :ROFL:

Fenika

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I've been dong gardening again. Minus actual dongs. Carry on.

amergina

Pittsburgh Strong
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.annazabo.com
I mowed 2/3rds of the lawn.

hoo boy do I have yard work to do. It's like everything came up early this year and I'm wayyy behind. Of course, everything did come up early... so yeah.

kenthepen

Registered
Reaction score
It's obvious from this thread (and a few others),

that "Spring is when young women's fancy turns to what young men have been thinking about all year long."

Shoeless

Registered
Reaction score
Close. I'm pretty sure he was talking about pinochle, though.

amergina

Pittsburgh Strong
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.annazabo.com
Just remember that for most guys, this is the most romantic thing ever.

*flies off on a tangent*

I can't think of Harold Faltermeyer without thinking of Axel F.

And then I'm all "Oooh, electronic music!" And that takes me to Jean Michael Jarre's Oxygene (part II). And I'll just go down the rabbit hole with Jean for a while (God, the hours I spent listening to Jarre in high school).

Debio

Back from the land of the dead.
Registered
Reaction score

Because you asked...

Awesome!

I'm still amazed that so many people here have actually played Skyrim. When did RPGs become so mainstream? Not that I'm bashing people that play RPGs, I'd just gotten used to the idea they were a niche thing.

What is Skyrim?

Why? All is says is that I'm fucking carefree. What's disconcerting about that? :tongue

Hoookkkkaaaayy, you just be carefree all you like, just don't hurt me 'k?

I've been dong gardening again. Minus actual dongs. Carry on.

So your dongs are virtual?

Getting Having the lawn mowed?

Using get implies that they may do it themselves. Have you ever seen a woman mow the lawn when there was a man they could make do it? Now, I'm going to go hide, just in case.

Shoeless

Registered
Reaction score
And I'll just go down the rabbit hole

Make sure you take off your socks, wear some pastels and drive around looking moody.

What is Skyrim?

Last year's big hit Western role playing game for consoles and PCs, full title The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim. It's the originator of the now infamous "I used to be an adventurer like you... until I took an arrow to the knee" meme that was propagated across the interwebs in ways I will never properly understand.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.