XoLeIn GaEpRuXoMyRuEp

Status
Not open for further replies.

10trackers

Pollyanna, Shedder of Casual Blood
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I adore the Andrews team. I've put off reading the Edge series for fear I will run out of good things to read and need reinforcements.

Well, I am loving this book so far. I'm ignoring deadlines and other responsibilities :D

CobraMisfit

I want to be Comic Sans.
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Hey everyone. Wandered in here by accident. Now I want to know what you're all laughing at! Tellll meeeeeeeeee

Welcome to the Cantina, Deb.

Because you asked...

Stuff We Are Laughing At/With in the Cantina:
(with apologies to GNR, but not Axel)

We've had guys that are crazy, a new Cantina baby (yah Kricket!), bad SpellCheck and new novels.
A little writers block, a ton of slow work clocks, and messy homes and hovels.
There's the garden of dongs, 80s songs, plus debates on who's a geezer.
As The Cantina Turns, half-ideas that burn, and Ed (who is still in the freezer).
We have fresh smibble pyres, are waiting for Catching Fires, and we snicker at wacky plot-bunnies.
We have new voting woes, some well-timed prose, and quotes that are epically funny.
Finally there are multi-quote smiles, steamy word piles, and a smiley that also nods.
So no matter what you think, or how much you drink, our humor is 100% odd.

*stage dives* *crowd surfs*

CAMueller

Part-time ninja
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.vampirebookclub.net
I stayed up until 4 a.m. reading last night. That one hasn't happened in months. I love when I find a book that I must devour. However, I am extra exhausted this morning.

Welcome to the Cantina, Deb.

Because you asked...

We've had guys that are crazy, a new Cantina baby (yah Kricket!), bad SpellCheck and new novels.
A little writers block, a ton of slow work clocks, and messy homes and hovels.
There's the garden of dongs, 80s songs, plus debates on who's a geezer.
As The Cantina Turns, half-ideas that burn, and Ed (who is still in the freezer).
We have fresh smibble pyres, are waiting for Catching Fires, and we snicker at wacky plot-bunnies.
We have new voting woes, some well-timed prose, and quotes that are epically funny.
Finally there are multi-quote smiles, steamy word piles, and a smiley that also nods.
So no matter what you think, or how much you drink, our humor is 100% odd.

*stage dives* *crowd surfs*

This was the best way to start the morning. :Thumbs:

CobraMisfit

I want to be Comic Sans.
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I don't know what's going on, but there might as well be a revolving door to the little kitchenette room next to my desk. Makes it damn-near impossible to get stuff done.

*shakes fist*

Shoeless

Registered
Reaction score
That's the allure of the Cantina. It's a swiring vortex of liquid awesome that we are powerless to resist.

Liquid Awesome is something someone should seriously consider selling at Xtreme Sporting exhibitions and First Person Shooter Pro Gaming Tournaments.

hillaryjacques

Undercover, sort of...
Registered
Reaction score
I was going to ask that, but then I went outside for a walk and got soaking wet instead *Insert arrow and knee quote as applicable*

This is your alternative to asking a question? You're quite harsh on yourself, you know? :)

So I'm trying to write a romance. Instead I've got a rapidly-rising body count. I think that maybe this is my mind's way of "balancing" the forthcoming mushy stuff. I am a little disturbed by this. Also, I'm running out of unique ways to describe guts. :(

CobraMisfit

I want to be Comic Sans.
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
So I'm trying to write a romance. Instead I've got a rapidly-rising body count.

That's my kind of romance.

Also, I'm running out of unique ways to describe guts. :(

Entrails,? Innards? Intestines? Organs? "That ropey stuff"? Beetlejuice? Insides? Tetrahedron? Guts? Walla-walla? Sproing!?

etc.

:D

hillaryjacques

Undercover, sort of...
Registered
Reaction score
That's my kind of romance.

Entrails,? Innards? Intestines? Organs? "That ropey stuff"? Beetlejuice? Insides? Tetrahedron? Guts? Walla-walla? Sproing!?

etc.

:D

What, are you reading my mind? I've used all of those, except entrails. Totally forgot about that.

Actually, I could use your advice on this. The romance part, not more names for guts (though feel free to continue your list). Will PM when I have a clue as to what I need.

jallenecs

Searching for Wonderland
Registered
Reaction score

That's the allure of the Cantina. It's a swiring vortex of liquid awesome that we are powerless to resist.

Wow, CM. You're full of a liquid vortex of..... awesome? Okay, we'll go with awesome. No, seriously, this was terrific.

Hi, new Deb, welcome to the madhouse! We have two Deb's in here? Are they twins?

beta-ing this morning, no time to chat. later, guys!

CAMueller

Part-time ninja
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.vampirebookclub.net
Ooh. What is it?

I was going to ask that, but then I went outside for a walk and got soaking wet instead *Insert arrow and knee quote as applicable*

Well, to keep from arrow-in-the-knee comments, I was reading The Immortal Rules by Julie Kagawa. It's a bit of a vampire noir. YA. Dystopian feel, two kinds of nasty vampires (one that's very zombie-esque) and a big heap of "fight the man" -- really enjoyable. Because zombies, desolation and anti-authoritarian commentary always mean fun, right?

Guts inside or outside of the body?

'cause it makes a difference....

A big difference. Lots of outside-the-body guts could make for an interesting romance.

"Darling, let me help you reinsert your entrails," and "No, my love, your blood is my blood," could come into play here...

bettielee

I'm a sparkly fairy princess!
Registered
Reaction score
Website
bettielee.wordpress.com
Dudes.

I miss you more than Christmas. Waiting on modem power supply to come in the mail.... it is so hard to have no tv AND no internet.

Apt of awesome is still awesome, tho. And I don't have a camera. I asked my dad to take photos - but he is technologically challenged, so I won't have them in my email until they get back later next week.

Shoeless

Registered
Reaction score
Well, to keep from arrow-in-the-knee comments,

I'm still amazed that so many people here have actually played Skyrim. When did RPGs become so mainstream? Not that I'm bashing people that play RPGs, I'd just gotten used to the idea they were a niche thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.