Status
Not open for further replies.

tjwriter

Emerging Anew
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.kidscoffeechaos.wordpress.com
Yes. Every morning I get a new question. Some days they make sense. Other days, not so much.

I did like that she was certain an epidural meant zero pain at any point during delivery. She said she'd just have them give her a shot as soon as she got to the hospital and bypass the whole contractions thing. (Yes, she was serious.)

I find this hysterically funny for some reason. Have you suggested BabyCenter or some other pregnancy website to her?

Baby Kricket was born today! Mommy and baby are doing great. Thanks for all the good baby vibes y'all sent I know they helped me a lot.

Well I'm going to bed now it's been a long day. :)

CONGRATS!!!!1!!!!!

Shadowflame

Gametrovert
Registered
Reaction score
Congrats to Kricket and Jacob Kricket! Welcome to the Cantina!

*waves at everyone*

CAMueller

Part-time ninja
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.vampirebookclub.net
Baby Kricket was born today! Mommy and baby are doing great. Thanks for all the good baby vibes y'all sent I know they helped me a lot.

Well I'm going to bed now it's been a long day. :)

YAY! Congrats, Kricket!

I find this hysterically funny for some reason. Have you suggested BabyCenter or some other pregnancy website to her?

Yes, she just doesn't seem to trust them. It's odd, she wants my opinion on everything. Even if she reads it from a reliable source (BabyCenter, etc.) or her doctor tells her something, she wants me to verify it.

And, it's OK to laugh, I sure do.

slcboston

Pasture-ized
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Yes, she just doesn't seem to trust them. It's odd, she wants my opinion on everything. Even if she reads it from a reliable source (BabyCenter, etc.) or her doctor tells her something, she wants me to verify it.

How do you resist the temptation to just mess with her (in harmless, yet amusing ways, of course)?

Because I'd have given in long ago at this point.

:evil

Gilroy Cullen

Handsome servant of a redhead
Registered
Reaction score
Website
swordsvspens.blogspot.com
Response 1. Is it the high heels, the shiny and dressy, the perky and pretty, or the elbows and sadism you are into? Or if more complicated, what combinations and in what percentages, do tell. I'm taking notes.

Definitely more complicate. But the tall and the short of it was the shiny, perky, pretty, elbows...

jallenecs

Searching for Wonderland
Registered
Reaction score
I do, occasionally. But it's mostly out of frustration -- and I don't think she gets it.

Do to her what every mother I know did to me when I was pregnant with my first: tell her every pregnancy and childbirth horror story you can think of. Gave me fricking nightmares, and put me right off asking for advice.

hillaryjacques

Undercover, sort of...
Registered
Reaction score
Do to her what every mother I know did to me when I was pregnant with my first: tell her every pregnancy and childbirth horror story you can think of. Gave me fricking nightmares, and put me right off asking for advice.

Oh, well...huh. My younger sister had both her kids before I had mine. She gave me a single piece of advice: You'll have morning sickness, and one day you'll think it's not that bad and you'll eat a slice of honeydew melon and enjoy it so much that you'll eat the whole melon. Don't eat the whole melon. That's just the morning sickness tricking you.

And I've started writing a new book. Please to excuse me while I crank the wordage.

Fenika

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Everyone, I'd like to introduce you to the brocoli and cheddar I heated up two nights ago. It was patiently waiting for me until now, right where I left it, in the toaster oven. Festering, but patient.

I knew I wasnt hungry :(

Tifferbugz

Doing Pirate things...
Registered
Reaction score
Everyone, I'd like to introduce you to the brocoli and cheddar I heated up two nights ago. It was patiently waiting for me until now, right where I left it, in the toaster oven. Festering, but patient.

I knew I wasnt hungry :(

Ew! Ah well, maybe something not related to broccoli or cheese?

noema

Registered
Reaction score
If it blinked, wouldn't that be more disturbing, on account of the fact that a veggie-cheese combo had spontaneously developed eyelids? :eek:

I don't know, I find the fact that it developed enough sentience to wait patiently more disturbing than eyelids...

Status
Not open for further replies.