XoLeIn GaEpRuXoMyRuEp

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shoeless

Registered
Reaction score
Oh, lord. I do not write while drinking. Baaaaaad things happen. At least, I think they're bad. So incoherent, it's hard to be sure.

Wait, what am I doing here right now?

*ninja vanish*

Booze works wonders in the "I'm a literary writer and need to do something I'll regret years from now, so I can write about it," department.

Not so great in the "performance enhancement" side of things for actual writing. You may think you're a genius while writing away, only to sober up and realize you wrote "Bleaaaaaargh, AH HAH AHAHAH!" for 30 minutes.

amergina

Pittsburgh Strong
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.annazabo.com
I drink coffee to live.

Okay, it's not that bad... but I am quite a consumer of the joe.

I do drink and write, but it's more like a single glass of wine over four hours while writing. (i.e., there's no buzz.)

slcboston

Pasture-ized
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I am surprisingly coherent when writing under the influence. There's just no filter, no editing. And not a whole lot of consistent threads. My thoughts tend to come fast, but then go everywhere.

Like a hummingbird on meth.

:D

Debio

Back from the land of the dead.
Registered
Reaction score
Researching roman gladiators. Well, any arena style gladiator stuff would work, I suppose. It is not crucial at the moment, it is back story stuff, but little bits here and there are needed to show MC motivation for certain things.

Unfortunately, it is cool stuff to read and I find myself noticing hours have passed and I didn't get a nap. So, I'll do that now, before I forget. Damn internet and all these linky things. There is no end to it, I tell you.

I need to go post in the research thread. This is AW, I know that there are folks here who do Roman Historicals. They could point me to the right places...

Coffee = good. That is all.
Nap first. *yawn*

Tifferbugz

Doing Pirate things...
Registered
Reaction score
Coffee isn't about writing, per se.

It's about *functioning.* That is all.

:Coffee:

Sooo true.

I drink coffee to live.

Okay, it's not that bad... but I am quite a consumer of the joe.

I do drink and write, but it's more like a single glass of wine over four hours while writing. (i.e., there's no buzz.)

I'm the same way. One beer or one glass of wine and I'm good usually. But if I drink more than one...

jallenecs

Searching for Wonderland
Registered
Reaction score
No coffee, no tea, no soda for me. Caffeine = bad things. I am caffeine free.

Go ginger ale!

Fenika

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Cheers folks.

It's good to be single.

amergina

Pittsburgh Strong
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.annazabo.com
I passed 500 rep points. Apparently, I should run for President.

President of what, I wonder?

CAMueller

Part-time ninja
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.vampirebookclub.net
Oh, lord. I do not write while drinking. Baaaaaad things happen. At least, I think they're bad. So incoherent, it's hard to be sure.

Wait, what am I doing here right now?

*ninja vanish*

Are these things so incoherent as to not be entertaining to your Cantina friends?

Booze works wonders in the "I'm a literary writer and need to do something I'll regret years from now, so I can write about it," department.

Not so great in the "performance enhancement" side of things for actual writing. You may think you're a genius while writing away, only to sober up and realize you wrote "Bleaaaaaargh, AH HAH AHAHAH!" for 30 minutes.

Heh. This.

I am surprisingly coherent when writing under the influence. There's just no filter, no editing. And not a whole lot of consistent threads. My thoughts tend to come fast, but then go everywhere.

So, it makes for the ultimate pantser first draft?

Like a hummingbird on meth.

:D That made my day. I'm forever going to imagine my drinking writer friends as tiny meth-addicted hummingbirds. I'm sure they thank you.

Go ginger ale!

*high five* Ginger ale and lots of water for me.

jallenecs

Searching for Wonderland
Registered
Reaction score
ginger ale, fruit juice, milk. Water and lemonade in the summer. Hot choco in the winter.

slcboston

Pasture-ized
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
So, it makes for the ultimate pantser first draft?

Like you would not believe.

And often very action-packed, with snarky dialog. Hummingbird me is not big on exposition. Or introspection. Or anything that does not involve some sort of weapon, chase, and/or explosion.

Great for writing action scenes.

Not so much for character development.

:e2drunk:

Shoeless

Registered
Reaction score
Like you would not believe.

And often very action-packed, with snarky dialog. Hummingbird me is not big on exposition. Or introspection. Or anything that does not involve some sort of weapon, chase, and/or explosion.

Great for writing action scenes.

Not so much for character development.

:e2drunk:

By this logic, Michael Bay must have a nurse constantly attending to the IV full of Jack Daniels he has surgically implanted to his wrist.

aliwood

Penmonkey Contrarian
Registered
Reaction score
Website
truckloadofart.wordpress.com
Am I right in thinking that there once was a small campaign to get ex-first cat Socks to run for President?

Probably would make much more sense in the long run. Eighteen hours sleep a day by law sounds like a decent move.

ION, I have just eaten a fried egg sandwich. It is hard to improve on, but I shall try.

Gilroy Cullen

Handsome servant of a redhead
Registered
Reaction score
Website
swordsvspens.blogspot.com

Go ginger ale!

Me = no soda, no coffee. Tea okay. Chocolate a must.

(Further translation = no carbonation, no phosphates. HFCS is fading fast. But it's in EVERYTHING.)

Fenika

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
So, brace yourselves.

The friend person who set me up with the guy who is now in my past got:
-4 phone calls yesterday. She ignored them and doesnt have VM. She previously told the guy her cell was for emergencies only.
-1 longgg email at work (not pro, dude). Friend did not give me any details aside from long, sad, and to painful to mention actual details.
-soon after the email was fired off, he calls Friend at work. Long sad phone convo ensues. He says he thought things were working out, blah blah, and he doesnt know why he cant hold onto a relationship. Yadda yadda.

Yeahhhh.

Dire.

slcboston

Pasture-ized
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
By this logic, Michael Bay must have a nurse constantly attending to the IV full of Jack Daniels he has surgically implanted to his wrist.

That's just brilliant! I don't know why I never made that connection before. It would explain so, so much, wouldn't it?

Status
Not open for further replies.