XoLeIn GaEpRuXoMyRuEp

Status
Not open for further replies.

Debio

Back from the land of the dead.
Registered
Reaction score
Happy B-Day Junely! I'd give you the cake smiley, but it creeps me out. Someone should bake one of those for realz though, that would be cool.

Welcome Silver-Midnight you have picked a good place. People here know stuff. And if they don't they do a good job of making things up as they go along.

'ware the Kraken, he likes fingers, and don't turn your back on the 'raptor.

Fenika

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Psst, the krackling is a girl.

Fenika

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
In other news, how do you dump someone who is head over heels in love with you? Especially when they have dating issues and cant get enough of talking your ear off? We've only been on two dates but he calls constantly. It went from learning about an interesting person to a drudgery.

Maybe I'll call the non dater after dumping this guy. At least he was interesting long term.

/harsh

Fenika

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I hope not. I created it in innocence! Pure mistype-ing innocence. Blame the evil iphone if it is sentient.

Wait, has anyone actually gone into the center of the dong garden to see if it's sentient?

Silver-Midnight

Registered
Reaction score
rising from the depths of a cup of coffee
Thank you guys for the warm welcome.

I haven't been writing Urban Fantasy for that long, under a year maybe. I have been writing longer than that in total though. I used to write Romance and related genres. Most of the UF I write has a romantic sub-plot with it.

I'm not published; however, it is something I am definitely considering. If I do publish, I want to use a pen-name.

I have written a few short stories, but not really novels. However, I hope to change that. I hope to write Urban Fantasy novels.

So far, the UF writers I like are Jeaniene Frost and Patricia Briggs. I'm currently reading a book in the Fever series by Karen Marie Moning.

amergina

Pittsburgh Strong
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.annazabo.com
I hope not. I created it in innocence! Pure mistype-ing innocence. Blame the evil iphone if it is sentient.

Wait, has anyone actually gone into the center of the dong garden to see if it's sentient?

More to the point, has anyone *returned* from the center of the dong garden...

Thank you guys for the warm welcome.

I haven't been writing Urban Fantasy for that long, under a year maybe. I have been writing longer than that in total though. I used to write Romance and related genres. Most of the UF I write has a romantic sub-plot with it.

I'm not published; however, it is something I am definitely considering. If I do publish, I want to use a pen-name.

I have written a few short stories, but not really novels. However, I hope to change that. I hope to write Urban Fantasy novels.

So far, the UF writers I like are Jeaniene Frost and Patricia Briggs. I'm currently reading a book in the Fever series by Karen Marie Moning.

I have a paranormal romance nearly finished and an urban fantasy on the back burner. Um, and also an epic fantasy.

I don't actually write them all that differently from each other, though the genre expectations are a bit different between them.

Fen: For UF critters, I think the Cantina should have green fairies. It only seems proper.

Fenika

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
More to the point, has anyone *returned* from the center of the dong garden...

Hmmm. We are missing a lot of newbies that only posted a few times...

Fen: For UF critters, I think the Cantina should have green fairies. It only seems proper.

Why green?

(I'm green. You green?)

Shoeless

Registered
Reaction score

I vote for the admission and preservation of Hipster Gnomes.

Hard to get much more UF than a little guy with a pointy hat pushing his glasses up and telling you he liked dub step before anyone else had even heard of it. He would also be a big fan of original Nintendo Game Watches because the buttons fit his tiny fingers nicely.

slcboston

Pasture-ized
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I vote for the admission and preservation of Hipster Gnomes.

He would also find himself buried up to his ankles - hat first - in the garden after the first snide "cooler than thou" comment.

No hipster gnomes.

Unless they're being used to feed the marine life.

:D

slcboston

Pasture-ized
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
In other news, how do you dump someone who is head over heels in love with you?

And as a favor to guys - and girls - everywhere: just be direct. It avoids misunderstandings, and a few bruises on the ego now are preferable to humiliation and other nasty emotions that come from not being direct.

No games, no hints, no "signals." Just be direct.

As in, "I'm sorry, it's not going to work."

And that's it.

Fenika

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Cheers, Bos. Now, how to say these direct things without being an ass? But still reducing the phone calls to once a month tops? Although never calling me works, considering how hes still clearly clinging to his last gf who just wanted to be friends (pro tip- this is not the kind of thing to clue your new gf in on.)

amergina

Pittsburgh Strong
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.annazabo.com
:e2drunk:

I've already finished my beer. A summer shady. Perfect for the day before a winter storm watch.

I should point out that it was 78 yesterday. :Headbang:

slcboston

Pasture-ized
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Cheers, Bos. Now, how to say these direct things without being an ass?

This should not be a consideration here, given what the goal is. If he thinks you're an ass, he won't call. :D

Just be tactful, but direct. Honestly, my earlier suggestion will do just fine. If he presses you for why you don't think it will work, just be honest again an chalk it up to differing personalities.

And then, if he still isn't getting it, then just be brutally direct.

:)

Tifferbugz

Doing Pirate things...
Registered
Reaction score
Cheers, Bos. Now, how to say these direct things without being an ass? But still reducing the phone calls to once a month tops? Although never calling me works, considering how hes still clearly clinging to his last gf who just wanted to be friends (pro tip- this is not the kind of thing to clue your new gf in on.)

I'm not Bos, but I'll give you my 2 cents, anyway. :)

So you reduced the phone calls that much to give him a hint that he's not taking? (If I'm misunderstanding, sorry.)

If he's not getting that big of a hint you'll just have to be the brave one and bring it up. Say something like, "I feel like I'm getting a vibe here that you want to be more than friends. I just wanted you to know that while I value our friendship, I don't see you as more than that."

That gives him the ability to pretend he has no idea what your talking about, thus saving face. Even though you both secretly know what he was hedging for. :)

Edit: And if he keeps pushing, what Bos said. Direct and to the point. And if he doesn't respect you enough to leave you alone about it then, then you shouldn't worry so much about being tactful.

Fenika

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
:e2drunk:

I've already finished my beer. A summer shady. Perfect for the day before a winter storm watch.

I should point out that it was 78 yesterday. :Headbang:

I had hail today. I better not get frost.

This should not be a consideration here, given what the goal is. If he thinks you're an ass, he won't call. :D

Just be tactful, but direct. Honestly, my earlier suggestion will do just fine. If he presses you for why you don't think it will work, just be honest again an chalk it up to differing personalities.

And then, if he still isn't getting it, then just be brutally direct.

:)

I need to write a speech. Can I be a tool and break up with him over email? Is there some kind of 8 day rule?

Status
Not open for further replies.