XoLeIn GaEpRuXoMyRuEp

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fenika

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
My stepdad has put my turtle and a lovebird in a cage together. I'm scared of the outcome! :(

Convince him they have different needs and should have different spaces. Plus, turtles can friggen chomp.

Or, play the kid card and beg to keep the dove as your own pet. Use your money to get it a cage. Put it near your lovebirds. Post pics. :)

maxmordon

Penúltimo
Registered
Reaction score
Website
twitter.com
The thing is that they are more his lovebirds that mine. I gave up when he wouldn't hear me when I insisted that 5 lovebirds were too many for such a small cage, so now I call mine the turtle though he always feeds it along the lovies.

Shoeless

Registered
Reaction score
It's cuz you bought the new Justin Bieber song.

It's Ace. Long time no see.

Also, the Wife's birthday occurred yesterday and she is now the proud owner of original artwork from Marc Hempel, the artist that did The Kindly Ones run of Neil Gaiman's The Sandman comic book series. It's actually a portrait of the entire Endless family.

Also also, I finally got around to watching the Tim Burton version of Sweeny Todd. Stephen Sondheim is freaking lyrical genius.

jallenecs

Searching for Wonderland
Registered
Reaction score
Depressing. I just spent like seven dollars on a book that was a weak concept, poorly executed, clumsy as hell, and not worth the money!

I hate that!

amergina

Pittsburgh Strong
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.annazabo.com
In other news, Chambord is quite nice in raspberry white tea.

Just saying.

Though I should probably go spray the deer-off on the plants before it gets much darker or I have much more tea.

zanzjan

killin' all teh werds
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
VPX
VPXI
Registered
Reaction score
:gaah

This house-buying adventure has reached the OMG-half-the-party-just-got-eaten-by-Orcs level of fun and excitement.

zanzjan

killin' all teh werds
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
VPX
VPXI
Registered
Reaction score
Depressing. I just spent like seven dollars on a book that was a weak concept, poorly executed, clumsy as hell, and not worth the money!

I hate that!

A few years back I spent good money on a hardcover I had really high hopes for, and I couldn't make it past page *5*.

I'd never posted a review of anything on Amazon before then, but i felt very strongly that somebody needed to offset the 5-star "this iz the bestast book EVAR" reviews, all clearly left by people unaccustomed to actually reading.

Any used bookstores near you that'll at least give you some credit for it?

jallenecs

Searching for Wonderland
Registered
Reaction score
A few years back I spent good money on a hardcover I had really high hopes for, and I couldn't make it past page *5*.

I'd never posted a review of anything on Amazon before then, but i felt very strongly that somebody needed to offset the 5-star "this iz the bestast book EVAR" reviews, all clearly left by people unaccustomed to actually reading.

Any used bookstores near you that'll at least give you some credit for it?

That's the worst part. It was a Kindle book.

zanzjan

killin' all teh werds
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
VPX
VPXI
Registered
Reaction score
:Hug2:

Is it still moving forward, or at least limping along?

There's a significant laundry list of things that need fixin', at this point, and just added onto that list this evening is a radon mitigation system.

It's all stuff that can be fixed, though, and there's a lot of really good stuff about the house. It's just a matter of whose pockets the various fixes come out of.

Tifferbugz

Doing Pirate things...
Registered
Reaction score
There's a significant laundry list of things that need fixin', at this point, and just added onto that list this evening is a radon mitigation system.

It's all stuff that can be fixed, though, and there's a lot of really good stuff about the house. It's just a matter of whose pockets the various fixes come out of.

Negotiating that sort of thing is pretty stressful. I hope that they're reasonable about it.

Fenika

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I just saw The Hunger Games. Finally. \o/

Zomg, so good.

:gaah

This house-buying adventure has reached the OMG-half-the-party-just-got-eaten-by-Orcs level of fun and excitement.

Walk away. And not in the direction of Mordor.

Shoeless

Registered
Reaction score

Wow, that really sucks. It's always discouraging to get off that high of "We just bought a house," to suddenly having things about that house that need to be addressed. I guess on the bright side, the repairs just add to the re-sale value of the home if you ever decide to move on.

We've got old lead pipe in our new house, so yeah, we've gotta' get that shut down and install new lead free water pipe in the place. We just got lucky, it will be a relatively cheap thing to get done.

zanzjan

killin' all teh werds
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
VPX
VPXI
Registered
Reaction score
Walk away. And not in the direction of Mordor.

Still more reasons to buy it than not, but certainly a lot of the "ooh shiny!" has worn off.

Wow, that really sucks. It's always discouraging to get off that high of "We just bought a house," to suddenly having things about that house that need to be addressed. I guess on the bright side, the repairs just add to the re-sale value of the home if you ever decide to move on.

I haven't bought the house yet, so some of these are definitely going to fall on the seller to take care of, esp. the stuff that are code violations. Latest wrinkle is that it tested positive for radon, which seems to be fairly straightforward and effective to mitigate. And thinking about it, probably more houses than not around here have radon issues.

zanzjan

killin' all teh werds
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
VPX
VPXI
Registered
Reaction score
You win the internets.

Yeah, but I also win having to move it, when I sell this place.

This is why I took up writing and (mostly) stopped making art, btw. Because I am hopelessly drawn to the big and impractical, and a big impractical story still takes up much less space than a big impractical griffin.

Status
Not open for further replies.