amergina

Pittsburgh Strong
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.annazabo.com
You're my new hero Ali! Thanks for giving me something awesome to read whilst I time contractions. :)

Have I ever mentioned that I'm not a very patient person? Yeah, this is killing me just a wee little bit. :(

Oh, and Good Morning Friends! :D

Kricket!

Good luck!

zanzjan

killin' all teh werds
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
VPX
VPXI
Registered
Reaction score
You're my new hero Ali! Thanks for giving me something awesome to read whilst I time contractions.

Ooooh, I *hated* that part. Hopefully it won't last too long! Sending you fast baby vibes :)

"I got a text," said Suzanne, holding up a phone.

Rejected by text? Woe!

SRSLY? DNT GRB ME. THX4SUB.

Epic Cantina post! :roll:

CobraMisfit

I want to be Comic Sans.
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Oh, and Psycho helped coin a new phrase over on Chirper:

Booyah-Reader: (n); A Beta-Reader cranked to 11 who uses her/his Axe of Awesome the fillet the misogyny, tropes, and general awfulness out of your story.

You're welcome, Merriam and Webster.

Kricket

Chirp! Chirp!
Registered
Reaction score
Thank you everyone. Really, you're too kind

Er, did anyone else read this?

Should we be getting excited or what?

Kricket!

Good luck!

Ooooh, I *hated* that part. Hopefully it won't last too long! Sending you fast baby vibes :)

Good luck Kricket!

Thanks guys! You're baby vibes are much appreciated and I think they're helping. But I don't want to jump the gun. I felt really stupid Sunday with all the false labor stuff. I'd rather not repeat that. So I'm now hoping for painful contractions instead of these weaker, yet consistent, ones.

Psychotic.Pink

Registered
Reaction score
I hope things turn out well for you all, Kricket. :)

I love story dreams, especially when they hand you a good chunk of the plot. <3

Last edited:

zanzjan

killin' all teh werds
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
VPX
VPXI
Registered
Reaction score
So I'm now hoping for painful contractions instead of these weaker, yet consistent, ones.

Uh... don't necessarily count on that. With Eldest, I drove myself to the hospital and told them I was in labor, they said I couldn't be because the cx weren't "intense" enough, but they checked anyway and I was already over 6cm.

With the sprogs, I cut it closer.

I have two friends who've had their babies in the car on the way to the hospital. Just sayin', go with your instincts and don't worry about being embarrassed -- this whole giving birth thing is far from an exact science, and runs its course differently for every single one of us, every single time, and docs/midwives know that perfectly well :)

Shadowflame

Gametrovert
Registered
Reaction score
Thanks guys! You're baby vibes are much appreciated and I think they're helping. But I don't want to jump the gun. I felt really stupid Sunday with all the false labor stuff. I'd rather not repeat that. So I'm now hoping for painful contractions instead of these weaker, yet consistent, ones.

Uh... don't necessarily count on that. With Eldest, I drove myself to the hospital and told them I was in labor, they said I couldn't be because the cx weren't "intense" enough, but they checked anyway and I was already over 6cm.

I have two friends who've had their babies in the car on the way to the hospital. Just sayin', go with your instincts and don't worry about being embarrassed -- this whole giving birth thing is far from an exact science, and runs its course differently for every single one of us, every single time, and docs/midwives know that perfectly well :)

I completely agree.
I had to be induced with oldest. When labor hit it was hard and intense. (Glad I was already in the hospital)
Youngest I had small regular contractions all day until they got stronger. When I got to the hospital I was already at an 8. Had him an hour and a half later.

Good luck Kricket

Kricket

Chirp! Chirp!
Registered
Reaction score

I completely agree.
I had to be induced with oldest. When labor hit it was hard and intense. (Glad I was already in the hospital)
Youngest I had small regular contractions all day until they got stronger. When I got to the hospital I was already at an 8. Had him an hour and a half later.

Good luck Kricket

You both make excellent points....

Y THIS ALL SO CONFUZING!? :gaah

I need a nap.

Andelana

Secret Stick-Figure Superhero
Registered
Reaction score
"It's a folding bike," said Ande, picking it up and flicking it back and forth, there was an audible 'pop' and a second seat appeared behind the first. Cantinas looked on amazed and there were several ooo's of surprise. Flicking the bike again, it became a three seater with an accompanying set of stabiliser wheels, the cantinas murmured in appreciation. Ande continued to flick the bike back and forth until there were enough seats for everyone.

OMG, this is the best bike! Evar! Thanks, Ali! :D

Welcome to Modesto
Water Wealth Contentment Health

Ahh, good ol' Modesto... The only place to go to the movies for miles around (well, when I was a young 'un). The only place close by with a Taco Bell (ditto). Or large grocery stores. :D

"No," said TJ, pointing at the sign, "we asked for somewhere modest with a zero price, that's what we got. Modest-o."

*snrgk* :roll:

Awesome, Ali! :)

Is there such a thing as Amazon.com Addicts Anonymous? Please, this is a cry for help!

I find that deliberately looking at books I would never, ever read (The 20,312 Amazing Things About Belly Button Lint, Toe Jam for the Masses, Ethel the Aardvark Goes Quantity Surveying... You know.) tends to break me out of the zone enough to get away. Then I have to delete the shortcut from my bookmark bar for a while and give myself a zap with the deterrence buzzer every time I think about it...

SRSLY? DNT GRB ME. THX4SUB.

Woe is right! I think that might make me cry...

So I'm now hoping for painful contractions instead of these weaker, yet consistent, ones.

Hoping for the best, Kricket! *hugs* :)

Fenika

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
B, I read your post when I was still asleep and now theres too much backreading to find it. Whats going on with your new place? Do the apt ppl not know how to run a business?!? Are they trying to scam you? What the hey?

jallenecs

Searching for Wonderland
Registered
Reaction score
So let me see, you have either run out of books to read, or run out of money, or run out of eyes to read with or run out of mouse clicks or your mail delivery firm employs someone specifically to deliver to your address*, or you are forced to check every two minutes just in case there's a new book for you to buy, read, review. One of those, or all of them?

Let's just say that I have to eventually explain to my husband why the bank account is vanishing into the black hole of Amazon.com.

Take a walk. Keep walking. Let gravity do the work. When my younger daughter was born, I had done one false labor, and kept getting all these stupid flutters. I was SOOOOO ready for that spawn to come out. So my sister said, "Walk." We did, about four miles all told. Did it work? Yeah, so fast we almost didn't get to the hospital in time.

bettielee

I'm a sparkly fairy princess!
Registered
Reaction score
Website
bettielee.wordpress.com
it just so hapens that I am here in time to see Fen's post...

first - I couldn't read that wonderful long story post, as I'm at work and shouldn't be here at all, but I'll get there eventually

Kricket!!! good luck on the production of Kricket 2.0!!

As for my darn apartment. It is apparently that the manager folk in Sacramento still have my app as "pending" - even tho they've had it since April 2nd... and I move in Friday. Frak! They said they'd call me today. Who thinks I'll be calling them instead?

Oh well, I tried to transfer my internet (AT&T - can you say Dorktarded? I can. And they haz a dorktard over there). And the earliest I will have innernets, assuming I have an apartment, is monday tho I move on Friday - which means a whole 3 day weekend without innernets.

I don't know how I'll cope. I just hope I have an apartment to do it in.

aliwood

Penmonkey Contrarian
Registered
Reaction score
Website
truckloadofart.wordpress.com
Oh well, I tried to transfer my internet (AT&T - can you say Dorktarded? I can. And they haz a dorktard over there). And the earliest I will have innernets, assuming I have an apartment, is monday tho I move on Friday - which means a whole 3 day weekend without innernets.

I don't know how I'll cope. I just hope I have an apartment to do it in.

Over here it can take up to a month to get new internetz. Oh, the irony, the irony.

aliwood

Penmonkey Contrarian
Registered
Reaction score
Website
truckloadofart.wordpress.com
Let's just say that I have to eventually explain to my husband why the bank account is vanishing into the black hole of Amazon.com.
This is easy to fix. Buy some shares in Amazon. Then if you don't buy books* you have the money. If you do buy books, you get the dividend and you'd probably get some sort of shareholder bonus / discount thing too.

Simple.

* Although the idea of not buying books is right up there with not breathing as far as i can see. Doz not computz.

Fenika

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
B, that sucks. At least you'll have time to unpack boxes ;)

10trackers

Pollyanna, Shedder of Casual Blood
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Oh, and Psycho helped coin a new phrase over on Chirper:

Booyah-Reader: (n); A Beta-Reader cranked to 11 who uses her/his Axe of Awesome the fillet the misogyny, tropes, and general awfulness out of your story.

Where can I get one of those?!

Kricket, I hope your baby is coming soon. I wish you tons of pain! Wait, that sounds wrong.

In other news, for those who asked to be kept in the loop, after a few very critical days, my neighbor woke up today, hugged his wife, could talk and remembered most of what had happened during his coma. Doctors are flabbergasted. He had about a 1% chance of surviving, and a much lower chance of recovery. So happy about this I could cry.

Status
Not open for further replies.