XoLeIn GaEpRuXoMyRuEp

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tifferbugz

Doing Pirate things...
Registered
Reaction score
I will not post in P&CE. I will not post in P&CE. Not even when someone suggests off-shoring editing as a way for trade publishers to cut costs.

Ugh... I'm going out on a limb and guessing that whoever suggested that has never worked with an editor.

I'll be avoiding going over there. I've already met my annual post count of two over there for the year.

and because some of us here are cat people:

That was awesome.

I think we are all bimbos at heart.

:)

:ROFL:

Debio

Back from the land of the dead.
Registered
Reaction score
I will not post in P&CE. I will not post in P&CE. Not even when someone suggests off-shoring editing as a way for trade publishers to cut costs.

I can barely stand to go into the Round Table. I only look in P&CE if a headline grabs my attention and I want to see what is happening in the world. I go no further though. My stomache and blood pressure can only handle so much.

I think we are all bimbos at heart.

:)

Awesome bimbos maybe. Your standard run of the mill bimbos couln't hack it here. You ladies are too scary rough dangerous cool to be just any bimbo.

Yes, I am sucking up. I gotta save up karma points for when I stick my foot in my mouth.

amergina

Pittsburgh Strong
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.annazabo.com
This is why I don't own a cat.

I'm a dog person. :D

I'm a cat person because the idea of following around my pet in the morning before work and picking them up when they're fresh (and warm and soft) skeeeeeves me out like you would not *believe*.

(This is also why I have no children, I'll point out.)
(Well, not really. The no kids thing is more because there's no Mr. Gina, as I scare men, it seems. Or something.)

zanzjan

killin' all teh werds
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
VPX
VPXI
Registered
Reaction score
Zan, CONGRATS ON THE HOUSE!!!!

Thankee. I went back to see it today and had lots of time to walk all around and out in the large yard, and I'm even more excited. Hadn't realized on first pass that the "shed" is actually a workshop w/ loft. Also, current owners have planted an entire humongous vegetable garden they're leaving me. Sweet!

I have no energy left. I want to not be in my life.

:( and :Hug2: Never doubt that you'd be missed, and that your life is better with you in it, hard as that can be to see sometimes. Do you have anyone local to talk to, if you're comfortable with that?

Aaaaaaaaaaand that's our regularly scheduled "Oops, Someone Sent An E-Mail to Everyone By Mistake and Now Everyone MUST Respond With 'Reply All'" ballet.

Yeah. Last time that happened in a big way was when someone accidentally sent a personal response to the entire company, and quoted in the email was several weeks' worth of deeply anti-semitic and crude exchanges with one of the other employees about someone else in the company. It was *ugly*.

Cantina meat isn't that bad, if you don't think to much about where it came from or...never mind.

Well, the dong garden was getting a bit overgrown.

Apropos of nothing, hamburgers on the grill, everyone!

I have never understood how hipsters reconcile their anti-corporate, anti-conformity stance with the fact that they all have iPads and iPhones. Despite the fact that they love irony, that one has always escaped them.

Steve Jobs had a goatee, so he must not be The Man.

Geez, if World Fantasy Con Toronto turns into a Cantina Meetup, I may have to go on principle, and let the hubby go to Nekocon on his own. (!!)

It's about 500 miles or 9 hrs for me. Um, not with toddlers. I did the WisCon drive once, but that was before.

I can haz 60k words?

*jazz hands*

Yay, go you!

It's a trap!

ETA: I just realized her legs aren't skin toned and she's wearing tights of some sort.

Or perhaps they are just more tan than the rest of her. Maybe when she drives she just sticks her legs and pelvis out the car window. I'm sure it must happen.

Oh, and yes, my internal editor is absolutely on vacation today. but he did just text me not to say ANYTHING about catching bugs while she's doing it, so I won't.

slcboston

Pasture-ized
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Or perhaps they are just more tan than the rest of her. Maybe when she drives she just sticks her legs and pelvis out the car window. I'm sure it must happen.

I'm leaning towards Buck Rogers style pants as a more plausible explanation.

:D

ravenlea

AW Addict
Registered
Reaction score
evening all ... just got home from work. had time to eat a little dinner, put the kid to bed and now I have no ambition to do anything but go to bed .... ok 20 minutes in the sauna then bed. some days I hate my job.

bettielee

I'm a sparkly fairy princess!
Registered
Reaction score
Website
bettielee.wordpress.com
oh, and as for the con, don't know how many hours it is driving. Don't care. Not going. Don't do things with lots of other humans. Sorry.! :)

Yeah, this is going in the Quote Book.

yay! I'm quote booked!

I'm a cat person because the idea of following around my pet in the morning before work and picking them up when they're fresh (and warm and soft) skeeeeeves me out like you would not *believe*.

(This is also why I have no children, I'll point out.)
(Well, not really. The no kids thing is more because there's no Mr. Gina, as I scare men, it seems. Or something.)

you mean... picking up their warm squooshy poops? Because you left out the noun... I pick up my kitty when she's warm and soft (fresh from the window) and that is just heaven.

And you must watch this, it is a kitty filled with French ennui, and it's freaking hysterical. Thanks to Synonym in Susie's House of Funners and Floozers.

http://www.tastefullyoffensive.com/2012/04/henris-ennui.html

It is tres amusent! I think that's french for something. Or just made up. i don't know.

Last edited:

Shoeless

Registered
Reaction score
Finished my novel earlier tonight. As usual, I find myself mildly depressed after the fact. Not sure why that happens, but I'm always better the next day.

hillaryjacques

Undercover, sort of...
Registered
Reaction score
And you must watch this, it is a kitty filled with French ennui, and it's freaking hysterical. Thanks to Synonym in Susie's House of Funners and Floozers.

:heart:

Finished my novel earlier tonight. As usual, I find myself mildly depressed after the fact. Not sure why that happens, but I'm always better the next day.

Finished...writing it? I get that, too, a letdown specific to writing.

Shoeless

Registered
Reaction score
Finished...writing it? I get that, too, a letdown specific to writing.

Yeah, I guess it's probably some weird form of post-partum depression. You carry that thing in your head for months and then suddenly it's gone.

hillaryjacques

Undercover, sort of...
Registered
Reaction score
Yeah, I guess it's probably some weird form of post-partum depression. You carry that thing in your head for months and then suddenly it's gone.

It's a couple of things. You've had this drive, this purpose, for weeks or months, and then suddenly you don't. Plus, yeah, you've been on this amazing journey both of creating and living alongside the characters, and then it's over and you're just sitting around your own, smaller life wondering WTF just happened. Or, anyway, that's sort of how it works for me.

aliwood

Penmonkey Contrarian
Registered
Reaction score
Website
truckloadofart.wordpress.com
Morning cantinas :Sun:

So today's exciting question is...

will the postman deliver my Fleabay ordered book?

ION it's raining.

That's all I have really, unless you want to hear about my knitting or the possibilities of my bathroom cupboard, or the fact that the super duper computer reload yesterday garnered me not only Minesweeper and Solitaire, but Mahjong as well.

:e2coffee:

Shoeless

Registered
Reaction score
or the fact that the super duper computer reload yesterday garnered me not only Minesweeper and Solitaire, but Mahjong as well.

:e2coffee:

Don't discount the therapeutic properties of Solitaire.

bettielee

I'm a sparkly fairy princess!
Registered
Reaction score
Website
bettielee.wordpress.com
Weird... I am incredibly elated upon completion of a novel. I sort of float above my chair for several hours. I only get sad when I realize I have no one in my life to tell except for online folks. At least no one who really gets excited for me. Except for online folks.

10trackers

Pollyanna, Shedder of Casual Blood
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Well, at least my life hasn't come to this.

Morning, all. Suzanne, that house sounds awesome.

SaraP

You can't forget those you've loved
Registered
Reaction score
That's all I have really, unless you want to hear about my knitting or the possibilities of my bathroom cupboard, or the fact that the super duper computer reload yesterday garnered me not only Minesweeper and Solitaire, but Mahjong as well.

I like computer Mahjong, but I also hate it. The game is fun and all, but it's not The Real Thing, which I love. So...

Well, at least my life hasn't come to this.

:eek:

aliwood

Penmonkey Contrarian
Registered
Reaction score
Website
truckloadofart.wordpress.com
You mean the 'but you could never have a situation where the faster than light custard pie existed, it's all too far fetched and ridiculous', then you read something like that and you realise that the saying 'truth is stranger than fiction' is never going to be out of fashion.

CobraMisfit

I want to be Comic Sans.
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score

Anytime I complete something, I react like this guy.*

*fast forward to the 1:28 mark for undistilled, liquid epicness

Status
Not open for further replies.