XoLeIn GaEpRuXoMyRuEp

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shadowflame

Gametrovert
Registered
Reaction score
Yep. I was a Starblazers kid. Was very happy to see the live-action Yamato movie on the big screen at an SF convention earlier this year (-:

In other news, my daycare is closed so I'm stuck home with two three-year-olds while trying to finalize my mortgage pre-approval AND about to make an offer on a house. To say I'm a little stressed wouldn't even begin to cover it. And the boy-child just peed on the floor. *weeps*

It could be much worse hon. My nephews were caught peeing in my sister's purse. While it was full of her stuff....

*still laughs about it*

Oh and hello everyone

CobraMisfit

I want to be Comic Sans.
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
In other news, my daycare is closed so I'm stuck home with two three-year-olds while trying to finalize my mortgage pre-approval AND about to make an offer on a house. To say I'm a little stressed wouldn't even begin to cover it. And the boy-child just peed on the floor. *weeps*

It could be much worse hon. My nephews were caught peeing in my sister's purse. While it was full of her stuff....

*still laughs about it*

Yup, that's it. No kids.

*has no idea how to convince CobraMrsFit*

hillaryjacques

Undercover, sort of...
Registered
Reaction score
Yup, that's it. No kids.

The purse story might go a long way.

Kids are...not what you expect. You can never really be ready for them and, even years after they arrive, you'll still be tested daily. Perhaps hourly. Military training may help to deal with this. A little. :D

Kricket

Chirp! Chirp!
Registered
Reaction score
Hello Friends!

How goes it? I have yet to back read and not sure I'll get through it all. :)

Had an unscheduled neighborhood BBQ last night and I'm still tired and sore from it. Little Kricket tried to run away and got a nasty scrape for his efforts. Almost made him self pass out too. He tries to be so brave. :)

My goal today is laundry. Lots and lots of laundry. Yay for washing and folding baby clothes. :D

CobraMisfit

I want to be Comic Sans.
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Military training may help to deal with this. A little. :D

I dunno. Considering that career is dependent on telling someone what to do and not having to explain why, it might actually be a hindrance.

Gotta admit, I'm a little horrified petrified screaming night-terrors excited at the prospect of having kids one day.

Crap, I need a drink now....

slcboston

Pasture-ized
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Yup, that's it. No kids.

Kids are...not what you expect. You can never really be ready for them and, even years after they arrive, you'll still be tested daily. Perhaps hourly. Military training may help to deal with this. A little. :D

And yet, they have their moments which make all the rest worth it. More importantly, those moments outweigh the other kind, usually.

Though the purse thing may take a lot of moments to outweigh.

:roll:

slcboston

Pasture-ized
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Speaking of stupid things children do:

One of my students has handed in an assignment with another student's name on it. A student from last semester, no less.

*sighs*

CobraMisfit

I want to be Comic Sans.
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score

One of my students has handed in an assignment with another student's name on it. A student from last semester, no less.

*sighs*

1310584180134_display.jpg

zanzjan

killin' all teh werds
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
VPX
VPXI
Registered
Reaction score
It could be much worse hon. My nephews were caught peeing in my sister's purse.

While on phone with bank and cleaning up pee with free hand, girl-child thought she'd fill a big cup with water and dump it on the sofa. I'm thinking I really underpay my daycare person.

If it helps any, if you be yourself I suspect you'll make an awesome dad someday.

Seconded.

Man I hope so. It'd be nice to create something for once that isn't bent on the destruction of humanity.

Well, for a long while they will be. Also bent on destruction of you, your house, anything you care about, house pets, house plants, and the sanity of your neighbors. And yet, strangely, it'll all be worth it. Averaged out.

hillaryjacques

Undercover, sort of...
Registered
Reaction score
I'm thinking I really underpay my daycare person.

I think this often, particularly toward the end of three day weekends. Wouldn't trade the kid for anything in the world, but ye gods, day care professionals should be sainted.

Also, I think I should become a full-time treasure hunt coordinator. Is that a thing?

Shoeless

Registered
Reaction score
Also, I think I should become a full-time treasure hunt coordinator. Is that a thing?

By saying it, it has now become a thing.

We need to go back and retroactively fit them into Treasure Island and other piratical stories.

"Yaaar, the coordinator be tellin' us to stop playin' in the bushes with our rum..."

bettielee

I'm a sparkly fairy princess!
Registered
Reaction score
Website
bettielee.wordpress.com
and how is all and sundry? I miss you guys during the day... but it's lunchtime now.

The purse story might go a long way.

I'm not a big fan of children, but even I have to admit, Hizzizzle's kid sounds pretty awesome...

Hello Friends!

How goes it? I have yet to back read and not sure I'll get through it all. :)

Had an unscheduled neighborhood BBQ last night and I'm still tired and sore from it. Little Kricket tried to run away and got a nasty scrape for his efforts. Almost made him self pass out too. He tries to be so brave. :)

My goal today is laundry. Lots and lots of laundry. Yay for washing and folding baby clothes. :D

That's what they get for trying to break free from the grid! ok, j/k - hope kiddo is alright!

Back at work...after crazy weekend of packing. I'm going home and going full-on medeival on the bathroom. Stuff will be chucked! I need it as a safe place for kitty - after that is clean and clear and fume-free, she will now go in there when I start wrestling with the big giant brown monsters that eat our stuff. I hope it will lessen her stress. She'll just be in there stressing about getting out rather than stressing about the monsters and the cussing and the tossing and the re-arranging.

I'm a litte clumsy, and my apt is pretty tiny. It's not exactly the most graceful act, putting stuff in boxes on top of boxes....

Tifferbugz

Doing Pirate things...
Registered
Reaction score
Good morn...errr afternoon!

That's what He-Man wants to know.

Crap. Now I have to go watch this.

Fixed it for you.

Not that I can recite the entire opening monologue or anything. 'Cause that would be seriously useless trivia even if I did watch them all as a kid and have a memory that retains far more useless crap than I really need it to.

:D

I totally don't know it either. Nope. No siree. *whistles*

Yep. I was a Starblazers kid. Was very happy to see the live-action Yamato movie on the big screen at an SF convention earlier this year (-:

*super big hugs!!!!*

Crap, I need a drink now....

Pour me one too, my friend.

*sighs*

Wow. That's the laziest cheating ever. :ROFL:

Kricket

Chirp! Chirp!
Registered
Reaction score
That's what they get for trying to break free from the grid! ok, j/k - hope kiddo is alright!

Well sometimes he likes to hold his breath when he's upset or in pain. I was chasing him, but my waddle can't compare to his run so by the time I got to him after he fell he was turning blue. Had to blow in his face to shock him out of it. It sounds a lot worse than it is. If he had passed out it wouldn't have been a big deal. It's just pathetic in that cute sort of way.

And yes, I'm aware that I'm kind of a terrible mom. :D

Kweei

Expert Procrastinator
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.kltownsend.com

*sighs*

Wow. I can honestly say I never had a situation that stupid. Copying? Plagiarism? Sure. I had someone lift something completely from one of those essay sites. But that? Um...

slcboston

Pasture-ized
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Wow. I can honestly say I never had a situation that stupid. Copying? Plagiarism? Sure. I had someone lift something completely from one of those essay sites. But that? Um...

I think he (pretty sure it was a he) just got rushed and lazy and forgot to switch out the name. Or handed in the wrong copy.

Regardless, I now get to question everything the student has handed in.

ravenlea

AW Addict
Registered
Reaction score
Going cross-eyed. Spent half the day writing and rewriting a query. Something is wrong when you spend that much time to answer the simple quetion: what is the story about

slcboston

Pasture-ized
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Going cross-eyed. Spent half the day writing and rewriting a query. Something is wrong when you spend that much time to answer the simple quetion: what is the story about

Dear Agent:

I've written a book. Things happen. Exciting things. It's a good book.

Sincerely,
The Writer

:e2writer:

No?

Status
Not open for further replies.