XoLeIn GaEpRuXoMyRuEp

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fenika

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score

This is no joke. The Cantina is a very nice to hang. The people are good, the food is good, the atmosphere is good, if you can avoid the Kraken.

Enjoy your lunch.

And the hat raptor. Not to enjoy. To avoid. *nods*

And Gina, thanks for the tip. I'll still cover it in case I have a wimpy variety, but now I wont worry b/c if it dies or takes damage then I had an extra wimpy variety. Win.

Etola

Still looking for stars...
Registered
Reaction score
Hello, all! I come from the land of I-just-finished-another-novel! :D Now if only I can find an agent for my other one, I'll be golden.

How is everyone today?

CobraMisfit

I want to be Comic Sans.
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Hello, all! I come from the land of I-just-finished-another-novel! :D Now if only I can find an agent for my other one, I'll be golden.

Congrats!

I hear tell that land is a beautiful, magical place. Tell us more!

CobraMisfit

I want to be Comic Sans.
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
*le gasp*

Abby! Love the socks of your new avi. I must to purchase!!!

Uh, for CobraMrsFit.

yeah, for her....

Etola

Registered
Reaction score
Congrats!

I hear tell that land is a beautiful, magical place. Tell us more!

First of all, I love your avi! Heheh, Spike is Best Pony ;)

So yeah, I finished Ogreslayer (which is its working title), the sequel to The Mouse Prince, and it took me way too long to do so (work schedule + webcomic eating up so much time over the past year and a half) and it is way too long. I decided to experiment a little bit and write it nanowrimo-style, nurturing any old subplot that struck my fancy, just to see what worked. It made the writing process a bit longer and a little more frustrating, but I think it yielded some interesting fruits. Trimming it down is going to be an experience, I'm sure :p

But first, I think I need to take a break from writing to recharge my creative batteries...

slcboston

Pasture-ized
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I'm still trying to figure out how "It's supposed to freeze." and "I lack enough indoor window shelf space" are related.

My plants. I had to bring them in last night and lack windowsills large enough to set them on.

Which I thought I had expressed, but clearly there was a misfire between brain and fingers. Likely the same misfire that left my coffee cup on the roof of my car.

Shadowflame

Gametrovert
Registered
Reaction score
Congrats Etola! Hope the elation from finishing it still lingers. The next step is dread- editing phase. (Still avoiding that one)

Etola

Registered
Reaction score
Congrats Etola! Hope the elation from finishing it still lingers. The next step is dread- editing phase. (Still avoiding that one)

Actually, there is a certain joy I get from editing. It can be frustrating as heck, but it's also extremely rewarding, I find, to take this pile of raw materials and shape it, trim it, and turn it into something that makes me happy.

Shoeless

Registered
Reaction score
The few times I've ventured into SYW, I've been fully armored and had an emergency evac team on 5 minute alert.

That said, it can be pretty useful, especially for the "outside eyes".

But I likes (and trusts) me betas waaaaaaay more....

I've had to venture there recently, but so far it's been pretty okay. I would have asked people here if they were interested, but aside from maaaaybe you, Hillz, Bos, Fennika and a few others remembering me from the last time I posted before dropping off the radar, I don't really know the New Kids. That and I tried something different, so the newly finished novel is actually a dark fantasy MG story. That took three years to write.

I'm glad I did it, to see if I could, but if it's going to take that long to write the next one, I think I'm done with MG stuff.

Andelana

Secret Stick-Figure Superhero
Registered
Reaction score
Like it's all about you! I also had to finish formatting an interview on ye olde blog. Which, let me tell you, was really difficult over the sound of EPIC SNORING. At 8 p.m. no less.
(snippity-oo)
In other news, I've got an interview on my blog with doloreshaze. It includes a giveaway of her recently-released sci fi romance if you're interested in stopping by and supporting a talented fellow AWer.

Sorry... Allergies, you know.

Also, just checking out the link now. I have a feeling I may have read Blue Galaxy, you know... Maybe it was another, similar sounding, title, but... Looks familiar. Hmm!

Well done! Good luck with your agent hunt. :D

This.

Also, OMG, epic sockage!1!!one!! I am a knitter who kNits socks. I may have to try these...

I'm glad I did it, to see if I could, but if it's going to take that long to write the next one, I think I'm done with MG stuff.

Stories about small British cars? I have a feeling I'm going to kick myself when you tell me what that is or I find it on teh google...

Last edited:

Shoeless

Registered
Reaction score
Stories about small British cars? I have a feeling I'm going to kick myself when you tell me what that is or I find it on teh google...

MG stands for middle grade. Y'know, kid's stuff.

Shadowflame

Gametrovert
Registered
Reaction score
Okay, got a delima.
Writing a story for a particular market. About half way through the story, due on Sat.
However, this particular market already has 2 of my stories for anthologies already.
They are behind publishing schedule. I mean way behind. Anthology 1 was supposed to be released June of last year.
Still not released.
Anthology 2 is supposed to be released end of this month. Have heard nothing except it will be out on time.
Now, I have had lots of contact with the editor/publisher. Going through a rough patch of life at the moment. Which I can understand, but Anthology 1 is over 6 months late and I haven't even seen any editorial notes.

The story I am writing can go elsewhere. I can fluff it enough to fit in Lit Fict or in Speculative fiction, so it's not like I can't get it sold elsewhere.

zanzjan

killin' all teh werds
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
VPX
VPXI
Registered
Reaction score
Well, I'm probably past my best before date by now to be honest. The thing that got me was that it was the newbie forum and no one wanted to speak to me.

I try to wander past there periodically and say hello to newbies, because I've seen it get dead and I worry about new folks having the exact experience you describe. But I don't always manage it. If I'd seen you, I would have said hi, though. :(

Hello, all! I come from the land of I-just-finished-another-novel!

w00T! Go you!

Okay, got a delima.
Writing a story for a particular market. About half way through the story, due on Sat.
However, this particular market already has 2 of my stories for anthologies already.
They are behind publishing schedule. I mean way behind. Anthology 1 was supposed to be released June of last year.
Still not released.
Anthology 2 is supposed to be released end of this month. Have heard nothing except it will be out on time.
Now, I have had lots of contact with the editor/publisher. Going through a rough patch of life at the moment. Which I can understand, but Anthology 1 is over 6 months late and I haven't even seen any editorial notes.

Hmmmm. I believe I know the anthologies of which you speak, and actually have a story in that second antho myself.

My $.02: I think you should finish the story and then go have a look at all your market options. I know you have affiliations with this editor, but I don't think, from a professional standpoint, that that anyone's going to hold it against you for not submitting there. At the same time, if you really want to be in this antho, drop the editor a quick note and ask her if she can give you some sense about what's going on with her current release schedule. I'm a firm believer in being direct and honest with people (as politely as possible, of course) and while that doesn't always work in my favor, it's less complicated than any of the other alternatives. If you get a satisfactory answer, sub it and worry about the rest later if/as it comes up.

One thing about themed anthos is that, when they begin rejecting stories, the rest of the markets start getting flooded with the rejects as writers sub them out again. With so many stories suddenly showing up on the same theme, it makes it harder for good stories to stand out. So if you want to send it somewhere other than the new antho, you're best off doing that right away so you're ahead of everyone else who is still waiting for their initial response.

Regardless, good luck with the story. I found the theme intriguing, but no story idea coalesced for me so I went on to other things.

Andelana

Secret Stick-Figure Superhero
Registered
Reaction score
:roll: That would have been epic! Because it sounded like it was coming from...inside the room!

Yeah, I've got enough practice at epic snoring that I've learned to throw my snores like a ventriloquist. Hehe :)

MG stands for middle grade. Y'know, kid's stuff.

Aaahh, got ya! I could only think of multi-genre and that didn't seem to fit. :)

AbielleRose

Crazy Cat Lady
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
stainedglassinthenight.wordpress.com
:Wha:

Dude, no. It's a *kilt.*

Insist strongly on this anytime anyone asks.

Mmm... nothing like a man in a kilt. ;)

Sorry... Allergies, you know.

Also, just checking out the link now. I have a feeling I may have read Blue Galaxy, you know... Maybe it was another, similar sounding, title, but... Looks familiar. Hmm!

This.

Also, OMG, epic sockage!1!!one!! I am a knitter who kits socks. I may have to try these...

Yay for knittingness! I just started and am a long way from being able to make anything other than scarves. :D

The two kittens I'm babysitting are sitting outside my bedroom door meowing like crazy for me to let them in. They wouldn't let me eat my lunch in peace so I have to hide in here. They keep ganging up on me! Soooo cute, though.

Status
Not open for further replies.