XoLeIn GaEpRuXoMyRuEp

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shadowflame

Gametrovert
Registered
Reaction score
Morning all.
No wordage last night, though B and I did measurements for a stand up desk in the kitchen so there are less distractions for me. I did do half of the comments for the Shock Totem flash contest. I'll get the rest of them later this weekend.

And I less than 3 The Wall, and pretty much all of Floyds stuff. No I don't mind this earworm at all

Fenika

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Hello folks. I still exist on this plane. Or plain. Or airplane. Hi.

CAMueller

Part-time ninja
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.vampirebookclub.net
This sounds exactly like my office. Except there are 6 of us + some academics. But srsly, a 1 kilo (just over two pound) box of shortbread? Gone in less than 4 hours. I brought it in and didn't even get any.

Makes things quiet and nice, but also means we have to share our candy.

Ah, go ahead and mess with the face. I'm with you- I'm an arbitrary and whimsical god.

Sounds good, and I agree with Ken, mess with the face, there's more to lose.

I love that everyone likes me messing with her face. Told the CP about the change and she got excited, too. It's so rewarding to have others getting a thrill out of your protagonist torture. Heh.

amergina

Pittsburgh Strong
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.annazabo.com
BTW, yesterday was a BIC day and I wrote... uh... 4838 words. :eek:

I guess I was on a roll! I'm only about a chapter and an epilogue away from this book being done. Then I can polish and send. it. out. I have an editor I soft-pitched it to who's interested.

Today, I need to judge some contest entries, so I don't know how much BIC I'll get.

hillaryjacques

Undercover, sort of...
Registered
Reaction score
Now this is something you don't see people talking about in blogs and 'how to write' books - apart from Stephen King who reckons he survives on tea, but I'm sure that didn't used to be true. I'm still working out what to eat as I write. At the moment it seems to be fruit, sometimes choc biscuits and either tea or water on hand for whenever I need it. I never gave this serious thought until now. Perhaps I should have addressed this first.

If I'd chosen my writing fuel, I certainly wouldn't have thought this is what I'd pick. I did write my first novel almost solely on the power of Swedish Fish. I was pleased; my dentist was less impressed.

Almost 5K in a day? Very, very nice.

Dit. To.

jallenecs

Searching for Wonderland
Registered
Reaction score
If I'd chosen my writing fuel, I certainly wouldn't have thought this is what I'd pick. I did write my first novel almost solely on the power of Swedish Fish. I was pleased; my dentist was less impressed.

Chex Mix and Sierra Mist. Or Cheez-Its and Sierra Mist. Something snacky and crunchy with too much salt. My colon loved me. My blood pressure didn't.

zanzjan

killin' all teh werds
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
VPX
VPXI
Registered
Reaction score
Nah, no worries. If I got bothered because someone didn't like something I did, I would have killed myself in junior high.

Yeah, but I don't like being an a**hole, especially when it's not intentional.

That album isn't exactly coherent. I like it for the "turn off the brain and stare at the wall" possibilities. You don't even need to smoke anything if you have "The Wall".

I probably listened to that album non-stop my entire way through high school, because it resonated with the sort of jaded, don't-fit-in, anti-authority place I was. I'm not sure I've listened to it more than once since then. At some point -- probably helped by the movie -- it started to really bother me how much of the album is Roger Waters ego-stroking his own dysfunctional relationships with women.

(Meddle's my favorite Floyd album, FWIW)

Now this is something you don't see people talking about in blogs and 'how to write' books - apart from Stephen King who reckons he survives on tea, but I'm sure that didn't used to be true.

Tea here, but I tend to do my writing at night after the kids have gone to bed. I try very hard not to make snacking while writing a habit, because snacks and me need some quality time apart, IYKWIM.

BTW, yesterday was a BIC day and I wrote... uh... 4838 words.

Wow, awesome!

I didn't write anything, but I had a kind of overwhelming day yesterday that left me too cranky to focus. Hoping tonight things go more smoothly. If not-- anyone happen to know if there are military boarding schools that take toddlers?

Shoeless

Registered
Reaction score
I probably listened to that album non-stop my entire way through high school, because it resonated with the sort of jaded, don't-fit-in, anti-authority place I was.

It's funny how the music of your youth changes in terms of the way you perceive as you get older.

I still have a soft spot for Kate Bush, but once I met my Wife she constantly referred to her as The Harpy.

Tifferbugz

Doing Pirate things...
Registered
Reaction score
Good morning, all! How goes it? Today I must read aloud All The Words.

BTW, yesterday was a BIC day and I wrote... uh... 4838 words. :eek:

I guess I was on a roll! I'm only about a chapter and an epilogue away from this book being done. Then I can polish and send. it. out. I have an editor I soft-pitched it to who's interested.

Today, I need to judge some contest entries, so I don't know how much BIC I'll get.

That's awesome! Nice job!

Shadowflame

Gametrovert
Registered
Reaction score
I can't stop laughing at the Dresden Files I'm listening to book #6 and I have to say that Jim Butcher really gets into the story in this one.

If you haven't read or listened to them, DO ET!

hillaryjacques

Undercover, sort of...
Registered
Reaction score
I can't stop laughing at the Dresden Files I'm listening to book #6 and I have to say that Jim Butcher really gets into the story in this one.

Yeah? I wasn't captivated by the first book and haven't ventured back, but... (<-- ellipses mean ANTHING COULD HAPPEN)

CobraMisfit

I want to be Comic Sans.
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Almost 5K in a day? Very, very nice.

Duuuuuuuuude. Most excellent!

Love the books. Who's the narrator?

(please say J1m Dale, please say J1m Dale....)

CobraMisfit

I want to be Comic Sans.
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Yeah? I wasn't captivated by the first book and haven't ventured back, but... (<-- ellipses mean ANTHING COULD HAPPEN)

Much like his Furies series, it picks up steam (and the Bwa-ha-ha) with each book. Changes was a non-stop thrill-ride.

Shadowflame

Gametrovert
Registered
Reaction score
Duuuuuuuuude. Most excellent!

Love the books. Who's the narrator?

(please say J1m Dale, please say J1m Dale....)

Guy by the name of James Masters. I think he Matches Harry. The pauses, and inflection really makes the story more real.

And Hillary, now that I've gotten this far, the first couple are a bit slow. However, once you hit book 3 it all starts to come together. Try the audio books. that way you can do something else and listen. Much better. :D

aliwood

Penmonkey Contrarian
Registered
Reaction score
Website
truckloadofart.wordpress.com
I believe it's actually James Marsters, no? From Buffy?

Yeah, James Marsters.

Buffy? Really!

There goes my illusion.

Agree though, he does read them well, and Side Jobs is worth getting as well, the shorter stories. Dresden's Day Off is a real howler.

ETA: Love audiobooks in general.

Last edited:

Tifferbugz

Doing Pirate things...
Registered
Reaction score
Yeah, James Marsters.

Buffy? Really!

There goes my illusion.

Agree though, he does read them well, and Side Jobs is worth getting as well, the shorter stories. Dresden's Day Off is a real howler.

ETA: Love audiobooks in general.

I'm guessing he has a very different sound to him than in Buffy, where he played a (sometimes) evil British vampire.

Status
Not open for further replies.