Status
Not open for further replies.

10trackers

Pollyanna, Shedder of Casual Blood
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Guuuys.

Two things: my MRI results came back and I am cleared of any aneurysm suspicions :hooray: Or at least, as far as the neurologist could see (nice disclaimer, eh?) :D

Second, my dogs' bloodwork came back today as well. Timmy's blood results were okay, which was a shocker. I had not expected that. That does mean that the problem is likely his heart. He'll be having a heart x-ray and an ultrasound on the 27th. Anyanka's results were not so good. She's indeed having thyroid issues, her hormone levels were extreme. I drove to the clinic immediately to pick up meds, at the vet's insistence. She took her first tablet tonight and has not had any adverse effects thus far.

Also (yes, I lied), tomorrow is my mom's surgery. She's a wreck, aww. I'm getting a bit nervous too :)

Tifferbugz

Doing Pirate things...
Registered
Reaction score
So happy one doggy is doing well with the meds. Ugh, what a stressful time for you, 10. Mucho hugs and thoughts your way. *hugs!!

Andelana

Secret Stick-Figure Superhero
Registered
Reaction score
Guuuys.

Two things:

*HUGS!* :partyguy: So glad your MRI was clear! Keep us posted on Timmy. I'm glad Anyanka has some good meds to help, though! I'm sure your mum's surgery will be fine, too, but yeah... Nervous-making!

Psychomacologist

The Sarcasm Fairy
Registered
Reaction score
That's good news about your brain Tens! Not so good news about the doggies, but hopefully the vet can figure that stuff out.

Hope your mum's surgery goes okay :)

Evening folks. Busy days busy days... Weddings are stressful, did you know that? And I haven't even got round to mine yet...

Debio

Back from the land of the dead.
Registered
Reaction score
I go to bed and everyone comes out to play. Stories about machetes, grapefruits, chocolate, editing first passes done ... boy. I gotta learn not to sleep anymore.

Then I get to Tens, what a horrid bag of mixed news. Um, here, I got cookies. I'll set aside a couple just for you.

Plus a :Hug2:

hillaryjacques

Undercover, sort of...
Registered
Reaction score
Teeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeennnn.

So many things. So many feelings.

zanzjan

killin' all teh werds
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
VPX
VPXI
Registered
Reaction score
Two things: my MRI results came back and I am cleared of any aneurysm suspicions

:hooray:

Second, my dogs' bloodwork came back today as well. Timmy's blood results were okay, which was a shocker. I had not expected that. That does mean that the problem is likely his heart. He'll be having a heart x-ray and an ultrasound on the 27th. Anyanka's results were not so good. She's indeed having thyroid issues, her hormone levels were extreme. I drove to the clinic immediately to pick up meds, at the vet's insistence. She took her first tablet tonight and has not had any adverse effects thus far.

Also (yes, I lied), tomorrow is my mom's surgery. She's a wreck, aww. I'm getting a bit nervous too :)

Best of luck to your doggies AND your mom.

Weddings are stressful, did you know that? And I haven't even got round to mine yet...

I figure the most stressful thing about mine will be finding matching parkas for the wedding party, and worrying about people skidding on the ice on their way to/from the ceremony, because sure as heck if I'm getting married *something* has frozen over :)

hillaryjacques

Undercover, sort of...
Registered
Reaction score
Ugh, just made a dental appointment. Haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaate going to the dentist.

It's so primitive and expensive amd primitive.

Reaction score
I've suffered from a lack of confidence in my WIP in the past few days. I'm only 4,100 words into it and nowhere near an ending, but already I feel dissatisfied with how the plot and characterization are running so far. I feel like starting over and putting more effort into planning the story this time.

Tifferbugz

Doing Pirate things...
Registered
Reaction score
Ugh, just made a dental appointment. Haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaate going to the dentist.

It's so primitive and expensive amd primitive.

Going to the dentist sucks. :( Hopefully there won't be any issues, so it'll be cheap and easy and only kinda painful (the best one can hope for when going to the dentist). :Hug2:

slcboston

Pasture-ized
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I need to visit the dentist. (Just routine stuff, nothing dire or painful as far as I know.)

Sadly, I have no insurance.

:(

Fenika

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Isn't it amazing how much joy is to be had by some guy in a tractor dumping two bucket loads of finely aged year and a half old horse crap in the bed of your truck?

Comgrats, Bettie.

Bos, try 10s dental-surgeon-hack.

Guuuys.

Two things: my MRI results came back and I am cleared of any aneurysm suspicions :hooray: Or at least, as far as the neurologist could see (nice disclaimer, eh?) :D

Thats a lot of stuff. Have some hugs. And an alot. And do something to destress.

slcboston

Pasture-ized
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Why do students assume that if two of them hand in the exact same assignment, word for word, in the same class, that somehow I am not going to notice?

:Wha:

tjwriter

Emerging Anew
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.kidscoffeechaos.wordpress.com
Green with envy. Like a lime.

Yay for finishing the first pass, Bettie! :hooray:

You have my attention. :)

I'm not going to say I'm jealous. I'm just going to ask if you have a recipe, because that's nicer. Maybe. OK, I'm jealous. ;)

That sounds awesome.

It was from Gigi's Cupcakes.

My new boss does some sort of monthly employee morale thing and this month was gourmet cupcakes.

zanzjan

killin' all teh werds
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
VPX
VPXI
Registered
Reaction score
Why do students assume that if two of them hand in the exact same assignment, word for word, in the same class, that somehow I am not going to notice?

Hmmm. Sounds like somebody made a decent profit off that paper.

slcboston

Pasture-ized
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
College, yes, but ESL students. I suspect some of that wonderful male/female Middle Eastern dynamic was at play.

As opposed to my Asian students, who copy things from a TOEFL prep course and assume somehow I can't find it online. Or notice when their assignment magically improves 200% from their last assignment.

Idjits.

Debio

Back from the land of the dead.
Registered
Reaction score
You know, that's an excellent question.

Here's another one: given that I'm not hungry right now. Do I actually want chocolate?

I'll get back to you on this, if I can ever figure out what being hungry has to do with eating chocolate.

Isn't it amazing how much joy is to be had by some guy in a tractor dumping two bucket loads of finely aged year and a half old horse crap in the bed of your truck?

I can understand that. I grew up in a dairy town. You know the one. It's the one where during flood season, the newspaper has headlines about how many head needed to be airlifted to safety and nothing about your neighbors house that has flood water in the kitchen sink.

I used to hate spring and summer while growing up. They'd use all the manure they had saved up all winter to fertilize the grass. Wonderful smell.

Weird thing is, I go back to visit the town for the first time in ten years and they are spraying. "Ahh, now that smells like home" is what came to mind. Weird huh?

:Wha:

I really, really, really don't get this. Especially when it is a 120 word English essay. I've seen worse though. Speeches. Speeches that they new in advance that I was going to take video of for easier grading.

I mean guys! I now have both written and video proof, how are you going to explain that?

College, yes, but ESL students. I suspect some of that wonderful male/female Middle Eastern dynamic was at play.

As opposed to my Asian students, who copy things from a TOEFL prep course and assume somehow I can't find it online. Or notice when their assignment magically improves 200% from their last assignment.

Idjits.

This. Try with freshman kids who turn in 300 words for a 100 word essay. Those three hundred words are not only all spelled right, in perfect grammar constructions that even I, a lit major in college, never used, but with terminology that only a professional anthropologist would ever use.

These get the "If I can't do it, no way you can do it." big red zero.

Sometimes they get hung up on the bulliten board in the teachers room if it is entertaining enough.

Status
Not open for further replies.