aliwood

Penmonkey Contrarian
Registered
Reaction score
Website
truckloadofart.wordpress.com
No excuses.

:e2salute:

I think you're the kind of person I need in charge, to get me going at least. I have the WP switched on now, which is an advance.

I have Eurosport on - World Curling championship - and I keep seeing an advert for Basel. It tells me come to Basel, it's an exciting and dynamic place to be. It tells me this in the world's most boring voice. Or perhaps for Switzeland it is exciting and the Swiss are really laid back.

Debio

Back from the land of the dead.
Registered
Reaction score
:e2salute:

I think you're the kind of person I need in charge, to get me going at least. I have the WP switched on now, which is an advance.

I have Eurosport on - World Curling championship - and I keep seeing an advert for Basel. It tells me come to Basel, it's an exciting and dynamic place to be. It tells me this in the world's most boring voice. Or perhaps for Switzeland it is exciting and the Swiss are really laid back.

I got the hypocrite do as I say not as I do thing down. I'm a teacher. I'm really good at scolding students for not turning in any homework. All the while, this little voice in the back of my head keeps reminding me that I had a 1.7 GPA all through Junior High because I never turned in homework.

So, if it works to get someone else writing, I'm willing. Let me find that... oh yeah, here it is...:whip:.

And Cobra? Did anyone ever tell you that lurking like that was Scary? or Weird? or Both?

(All of the above adjectives are very entertaining however, so I recommend embracing them)

ETA : Embarrassing homophone edit

Last edited:

CobraMisfit

I want to be Comic Sans.
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
And Cobra? Did anyone ever tell you that lurking like that was Scary? or Weird? or Both?

(All of the above adjectives are very entertaining however, so I recommend embracing them)

I was aiming for "charming".

Debio

Registered
Reaction score
Well, I was tempted to use charming or cute. But I wasn't sure if you were the type to get offended at "cute" and "charming". I thought you were more the "scary" type.

If cute and charming are acceptable, then I will definitely use them, cause that kitty was awfully cute. If my wife wasn't allergic I think we'd have like three.

aliwood

Penmonkey Contrarian
Registered
Reaction score
Website
I got the hypocrite do as I say not as I do thing down. I'm a teacher. I'm really good at scolding students for not turning in any homework. All the while, this little voice in the back of my head keeps reminding me that I had a 1.7 GPA all through Junior High because I never turned in homework.
I used to be a teacher. I understand totally where you are coming from. I was late for every single day of the last three years of school. So when I became a teacher I used to get into terrible trouble with more senior teachers than myself because I refused to tell people off for being late first thing in the morning. I figured that as long as they turned up that was the important point.

Do you get 'the dog ate my homework' excuses? I once got 'I can't hand in my homework, I spilt sweet and sour sauce on it'. So I said 'you bring it in, I'll mark it'. So he did, and it had been drenched, and so I marked it. I put a note on the bottom saying it would be easier to bribe me for extra marks if the actual food had been provided.

So, if it works to get someone else writing, I'm willing. Let me find that... oh yeah, here it is...:whip:.

Ow! thanks, that really helps. Ouch! I've deleted over 200 words so far. Ow! Hey! Stop enjoying yourself so much. Ow! OK, ok, I'm writing aren't I?

Debio

Registered
Reaction score
I used to be a teacher. I understand totally where you are coming from. I was late for every single day of the last three years of school. So when I became a teacher I used to get into terrible trouble with more senior teachers than myself because I refused to tell people off for being late first thing in the morning. I figured that as long as they turned up that was the important point.

Do you get 'the dog ate my homework' excuses? I once got 'I can't hand in my homework, I spilt sweet and sour sauce on it'. So I said 'you bring it in, I'll mark it'. So he did, and it had been drenched, and so I marked it. I put a note on the bottom saying it would be easier to bribe me for extra marks if the actual food had been provided.

Ow! thanks, that really helps. Ouch! I've deleted over 200 words so far. Ow! Hey! Stop enjoying yourself so much. Ow! OK, ok, I'm writing aren't I?

No dog stuff. Though I would probably accept that excuse now. My dog is eating my papers all the time. He tried eating one of my favorite books. So, yeah. We are half boarding school, though, so I do get, "I left it at home, can I bring it next week?"

I tell my students that I am open to bribery. I will accept 1 dollar for every percentage increase they want on any assignment they choose. I do, however, tell them that I will not be spending the money, but keeping it in my desk with a detailed note on what its purpose was so that I can return it to their parents on Parent Teacher Conference day. At that time I would explain to their parents that they have children stupid enough to try bribing their teacher.

Oddly enough, no one has ever actually tested that.

Oh, and the whip thing? Is there a rule someplace that says I can't have fun too?

slcboston

Pasture-ized
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Yuppers. Just lurking like this:

128920647359372094.jpg

I can't get it out of my head.

Make it stop. Someone, please, make it stop.

*hums*

zombie.gif
zombie.gif
zombie.gif
zombie.gif

Debio

Registered
Reaction score
My wife loves me! She just brought me a plate of fresh out of the oven cookies!

aliwood

Penmonkey Contrarian
Registered
Reaction score
Website
Oh, and the whip thing? Is there a rule someplace that says I can't have fun too?
Well no. I don't think so.

In fact, the only rules I've met are things to do with not attracting weird things, which given where we are brings to light that weird is relative. You know, like infinity comes in different sizes.

Last edited:

Debio

Registered
Reaction score
Well, if she had made them just for me, I'd have to say no. But since she made them for little Debio, and graciously allowed me to have some, then yeah, why not. Here, have a cookie. It's just a simple little sugar cookie though.

Debio

Registered
Reaction score
Ok. No problem, she just brought me another plate. This batch didn't pass inspection for the darling little one. Papa, who used to make 70 or 80 dozen cookies in a three day baking marathon for Christmas presents, thinks they are just fine.

Cookie, cookie, who wants a cookie?

Debio

Registered
Reaction score
*Hands out cookies to those present then leaves the plate on the counter for newcomers. *

Now, I really need to get to bed. Too much time looking at this story. It is now 11:45 pm. 2 hours past my bedtime. I am making progress though. It's almost good enough that I would feel comfortable actually ask non-strangers to look at it. If that makes sense.

Kricket

Chirp! Chirp!
Registered
Reaction score
Listening to Pandora on a toddler station and the first two songs are songs from Dirty Dancing. I'm not sure they should qualify as "toddler" just because they're old. I love DD though and they're good songs. :)

So, how old is little Kricket? Little Debio is 2 years 8 months and on our living room floor there is currently: several plastic blocks of the building type, a few giant legos, the alphabet puzzle mat, a piggy bank, a tamborine, a watering can, half a dozen books in two languages, and several car in various stages of destruction.

So I completely understand the "maybe I'll do some cleaning, maybe not" thought process.

He's 2 and 4 months. Right now my living room is littered with post it notes, dinosaurs, cars, stuffed animals (mostly bears and dogs), cardboard blocks, a noisy car puzzle, lots of car books and a couple angry birds. Mr. Kricket says we live in an exploded toy box.

I tell my students that I am open to bribery. I will accept 1 dollar for every percentage increase they want on any assignment they choose. I do, however, tell them that I will not be spending the money, but keeping it in my desk with a detailed note on what its purpose was so that I can return it to their parents on Parent Teacher Conference day. At that time I would explain to their parents that they have children stupid enough to try bribing their teacher.

Oh that is awesome.

"Bingo" was playing as I looked at those and they were totally in time. Veeery creepy.

amergina

Pittsburgh Strong
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.annazabo.com
Plumbing crisis averted! Pinhole leak in pipes above duct work. Plumber replaced pipe. No leak! And not that expensive, comparatively.

I had a grand time camping in Mississippi in medieval clothing. Worked in a bakery for part of the time, too. *That* was a blast.

Also, the camp grounds were far enough away from things (and basically only lit by fire) that I saw the stars of my childhood, rather than the light-bleached night sky that I get now. I'd forgotten how awesome it was.

Lots of good writing fodder stuff.

I'm not reading back a week of posts, so :Hug2:s to those that need them and :partyguy: to anyone celebrating good news!

bettielee

I'm a sparkly fairy princess!
Registered
Reaction score
Website
bettielee.wordpress.com
Dudes... it are cold here, for serial! However: I think I found my "thing" - the "thing" my WIP was lacking. It is still lacking an aweful lot, but another editing pass and I might be there.

Also - I need serious coffee, but I'm so cold and stiff... I don't want to go out in the warehouse and get coffee...

I've also realized that I'm reaching critical mass time... Must. Empty. Apartment.

isn't this entrapment?! :cool: tee hee

Kricket

Chirp! Chirp!
Registered
Reaction score
I have learned that venturing outside of the Cantina can be a bit scary. People fight over really stupid stuff out there. It's like watching monkeys throw their poop at each other.

Just sayin'.

:D

Status
Not open for further replies.