XoLeIn GaEpRuXoMyRuEp

Status
Not open for further replies.

jallenecs

Searching for Wonderland
Registered
Reaction score
Am I or are you getting all philosophical?

The concept of Buffy is really good and the characters are interesting, I just wish the acting was a little better. Still a great series. :D

If we're gonna go into older fantasy shows Charmed has to be my favorite.

Network tv is NOT the place to go if you want to see brilliant acting. On the other hand, they do occasionally cough up some pretty damned clever writing (like Whedon).

And I DESPISED Charmed. Several in my family loved it. I found it tiresome.

SaraP

You can't forget those you've loved
Registered
Reaction score
Did I hear someone say MOVIES? :D

Happy New Year, folks. I spent the passing of the year watching Harry Potter 4, curled up on the couch with a kidlet on each side and a blanket over us, while the fire burned in the fireplace. There was popcorn to be had, and Pringles. Good times. :)

Fenika

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
The ocean does NOT smell bad!

except when it does. but thats the rotting shite. thats like saying gardens smell bad because you bury bodies there. tsk.

Shuemais

We can't always be the Batman
Registered
Reaction score

*shudder*

It burns us, Precious!

Happy New Year, folks. I spent the passing of the year watching Harry Potter 4, curled up on the couch with a kidlet on each side and a blanket over us, while the fire burned in the fireplace. There was popcorn to be had, and Pringles. Good times. :)

That sounds rather nice, actually. :)

Shuemais

We can't always be the Batman
Registered
Reaction score

except when it does. but thats the rotting shite. thats like saying gardens smell bad because you bury bodies there. tsk.

Gotta go with Junely on this one. :Ssh:

AbielleRose

Crazy Cat Lady
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
stainedglassinthenight.wordpress.com
Network tv is NOT the place to go if you want to see brilliant acting. On the other hand, they do occasionally cough up some pretty damned clever writing (like Whedon).

:O Why did you dislike Charmed so much? Whedon is amazing. I really loved his Dollhouse show. Wish it would have lived a little longer.

*huggles* That sounds like a wonderful way to ring in the new year. :)

Quick: 5 epic movies we should all put on our list to see in 2012. Go.

jallenecs

Searching for Wonderland
Registered
Reaction score

Like I'd know; the closest I've gotten to seeing the ocean is watching Shark Week.

And foolish Yankee, burying bodies in the garden is just IMMORAL and WRONG! The gristly bits get tangled in the plow and tear up your tractor.

Plant bodies behind the barn.

Want to amend my earlier statement. Network TV is not where you go to get consistently brilliant acting. Most shows and actors I've seen have their moments. But those are the exception, rather than the rule.

amergina

Pittsburgh Strong
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.annazabo.com
...I like the smell of the ocean... :(

(But then, I like my beaches natural. No board walk for me! Give me dunes and grasses and maybe some wild ponies.)

Fenika

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I'm told plows are folly for vegetable gardens, so I'll bury my bodies where they'll soylent green me later. ;)

I dunno that it's epic, but I'm seeing Warhorse in 2012.

Fenika

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
The ocean smell is great, especially when carried on a south wind.

Fenika

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
And if I smelled the gulf from the middle of Oklahoma, I bet everyone here has smelled the ocean at some point but maybe not known it.

jallenecs

Searching for Wonderland
Registered
Reaction score
:O Why did you dislike Charmed so much? Whedon is amazing. I really loved his Dollhouse show. Wish it would have lived a little longer.

The plots on Charmed were preposterous, but that isn't necessarily criminal. the plots for Supernatural are every bit as silly, but I adore that show.

The difference is that with Supernatural, I care about the Winchester boys and their extended dysfunctional family. The characters hooked me within ten minutes of the first ep, and kept me hooked through six and a half seasons (and not just because the actors are pretty pretty pretty, though that doesn't hurt).

I never connected with the Halliwells. I never could bring myself to give a flying **** about which one was being slutty or bossy or a doormat this week. I found the characters on Buffy equally irritating at times, but the writing was good enough to overcome that. Charmed didn't have Whedon, or other writers equally clever.

*tosses my two cents out onto the table* Sorry. You asked.

AbielleRose

Crazy Cat Lady
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
Here in the Dakotas we burn the bodies. A) everyone loves a good bonfire B) less chance of getting caught after the fact

War Horse looks really good. Bet it'll win a ton of awards when those start coming out.

Its past Christmas, but tonight seems like a good night for Love Actually.

Fenika

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I've only caught random epis of Charmed but I think June is on to something.

AbielleRose

Crazy Cat Lady
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
The plots on Charmed were preposterous, but that isn't necessarily criminal. the plots for Supernatural are every bit as silly, but I adore that show.

The difference is that with Supernatural, I care about the Winchester boys and their extended dysfunctional family. The characters hooked me within ten minutes of the first ep, and kept me hooked through six and a half seasons (and not just because the actors are pretty pretty pretty, though that doesn't hurt).

I never connected with the Halliwells. I never could bring myself to give a flying **** about which one was being slutty or bossy or a doormat this week. I found the characters on Buffy equally irritating at times, but the writing was good enough to overcome that. Charmed didn't have Whedon, or other writers equally clever.

*tosses my two cents out onto the table* Sorry. You asked.

I see what you mean. I think part of why I loved that show is because I really connected with the characters. They had a bond I've always desired. You and I are pretty much opposites, lol. :D I can't stand Supernatural. Being a big Gilmore Girl's fan and loving Dean (Jared Pada-whatever) I really was excited to hear he was getting a new show, but despite how much I like him as an actor, I just couldn't get into that series.

jallenecs

Searching for Wonderland
Registered
Reaction score
I see what you mean. I think part of why I loved that show is because I really connected with the characters. They had a bond I've always desired. You and I are pretty much opposites, lol. :D I can't stand Supernatural. Being a big Gilmore Girl's fan and loving Dean (Jared Pada-whatever) I really was excited to hear he was getting a new show, but despite how much I like him as an actor, I just couldn't get into that series.

Again with the weird. I have three sisters; with my elder sister, at least, I HAVE the bond you're referring to. but I never got that feeling from the Halliwells. The Winchesters, yeah, they felt like siblings to me.

ETA: yes, Jared Padalecki is very ... pleasing to watch (though I prefer the elder brother). But I never could get into Gilmore Girls. Or into Dark Angel (which had Jensen Ackles in it). Just didn't click for me.

then again, I'm not a big tv watcher at the best of times. A show's gotta be special to hook me, or I won't bother.

Last edited:

Fenika

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Isnt the next Batman coming out soon?

Fenika

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I have rewatched the trailer and all it says is summer

Also, what a dull trailer for the trilogy.

Alessandra Kelley

Sophipygian
Staff member
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.alessandrakelley.com

My husband (Richard Garfinkle) wrote an essay, "Why Are the Elders Such Jerks?" for Totally Charmed from BenBella books. He wanted to make a point about the feeble depictions of Good on television.

I never watched Charmed, but I loved Buffy.

Tifferbugz

Doing Pirate things...
Registered
Reaction score
Hubby just found the last part of Karate Kid playing, guess we're watching that now. D:

Also, Buffy was awesome, Supernatural is awesome (and so so so so so yummy), and Charmed was okay. My 2 cents. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.