XoLeIn GaEpRuXoMyRuEp

Status
Not open for further replies.

Debio

Back from the land of the dead.
Registered
Reaction score
I'm here. But, I guess I'm on the wrong side of the Pacific. Do I still count?

I noticed something really nice about AW today. It's a little thing. But kinda big, too. The atmosphere is really nice. I've known that for a long time. Especially here in the Cantina.

But, I hang out with the poetry games a lot. I just made a post in the Cinquain chain. After I posted, I realized that my post was post #1000 in the chain. I've been in other places where people jump on those kinds of numbers, just like the "I'm First! I'm so cool, nya nya :wag:." That doesn't happen here.

Debio is pleased.

slcboston

Pasture-ized
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Yeeesss. Colorsss...precious.

Shouldn't "dinner" and "sleep" by somewhat more disparate in their hue?

Er, I mean, shouldn't they be different colors instead of just different shades of blue?

:D

(Look, I'm the teacher with purple, green, and turquoise pens for correcting. I get the color thing.)

hillaryjacques

Undercover, sort of...
Registered
Reaction score
I was in Monterey and met some kewl Awers.

Monterey is sooo gorgeous. Gah. I love it there.

Technically, Debio is a Pacifican.

Right, but we need a one-to-one ratio. For every European who goes to sleep, we need someone on the other side of the Pacific to spring into action!

You're on the correct side for my purposes, Debio. :)

CobraMisfit

I want to be Comic Sans.
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Monterey is sooo gorgeous. Gah. I love it there.

Agreed. In fact, the entire San Diego region is some of the best real estate I've ever had the pleasure of living, uh, on. Clean city, nice folks, lots of social and cultural events.

slcboston

Pasture-ized
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Right, but we need a one-to-one ratio. For every European who goes to sleep, we need someone on the other side of the Pacific to spring into action!

I'm usually here in the evenings, when all the Europeans have gone to sleep.

I don't count?

I know someone who is South Pacifican, if that counts?

:e2bummed:

Tifferbugz

Doing Pirate things...
Registered
Reaction score
Shouldn't "dinner" and "sleep" by somewhat more disparate in their hue?

Er, I mean, shouldn't they be different colors instead of just different shades of blue?

(Look, I'm the teacher with purple, green, and turquoise pens for correcting. I get the color thing.)

No, because they're both fun things, so they get similar colors. Similarly, different work things should get slightly different shades. Writing work of course being a more pleasant shade than day job work.

There's a method to my madness. But it's still madness. :D

Debio

Registered
Reaction score
Uh, Bos? You've changed your avi. This is causing me problems. Previously it was a cute little greenish guy. No problem. Now, you have sheep, and beer. Are you going to forbid dirty <sheep herding nationality> sheep jokes now?

I only know a couple, but that should be enough to get everyone else started. I'm sure folks around here know a bunch.

slcboston

Pasture-ized
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I always had beer, Debio.

:e2drunk:

Also, at least one our mods is of that nationality, so you go there at your peril.

Scotland.gif

Shadowflame

Gametrovert
Registered
Reaction score
#sffwrtcht is about to start in 10mins. Tonight World building with Juliette Wade (she does G+ world building discussions)

Come and join us!

jallenecs

Searching for Wonderland
Registered
Reaction score
Uh, Bos? You've changed your avi. This is causing me problems. Previously it was a cute little greenish guy. No problem. Now, you have sheep, and beer. Are you going to forbid dirty <sheep herding nationality> sheep jokes now?

I only know a couple, but that should be enough to get everyone else started. I'm sure folks around here know a bunch.

Oh, don't worry. We go there. We go there a lot. I, myself, have wished Boston to Cardiff at least once.

Debio

Registered
Reaction score
Almost 4,000 words into my story now. Unfortunately I had a couple of appointments today and still feel rather pooped from walking to them.

Dangit. I've been working on short story edits. You are a couple thousand ahead. I need to get started. I don't want to get too far behind.

hillaryjacques

Undercover, sort of...
Registered
Reaction score
I'm usually here in the evenings, when all the Europeans have gone to sleep.

I don't count?

I know someone who is South Pacifican, if that counts?

:e2bummed:

Oh, uhm, geez. I didn't mean for you to take this personally. I guess I should have known, since you're of such a sensitive disposition.

So, evening began 34 minutes ago. How far into it are you going to last? :D

Debio

Registered
Reaction score
If you look at Bos's last comment, you'll see he has been drinking. He's probably one of those sad drunks. So don't mind him. Toss him a smibble.

ETA::gaah I have infected myself with MCitis. I'm starting to speak like my most recent MC. This is a very bad thing;he is an illiterate, sociopathic shit.

slcboston

Pasture-ized
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Oh, uhm, geez. I didn't mean for you to take this personally. I guess I should have known, since you're of such a sensitive disposition.

Say what now??

:Wha:

So, evening began 34 minutes ago. How far into it are you going to last? :D

Pfft.

Evening's coming to and end in about 16.

You need to better define your terms.

And if it were not for that pesky 8 AM class MWF, I'd be here later most nights.

slcboston

Pasture-ized
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
If you look at Bos's last comment, you'll see he has been drinking. He's probably one of those sad drunks. So don't mind him. Toss him a smibble.

Not a drunk.

And never a sad drunk. If I was going to be a drunk, I'd be the hard-bitten noir detective kind. Only I don't look so great in a hat.

Debio

Registered
Reaction score
Not a drunk.

And never a sad drunk. If I was going to be a drunk, I'd be the hard-bitten noir detective kind. Only I don't look so great in a hat.

Ahh, you just haven't found the right hat. I'm glad you are neither a drunk nor a sad drunk. I just made that part up.

To be the noir detective type drunk don't forget your half full whiskey bottle and hot glass in the desk drawer.

ETA *shot* glass, dangit not *hot* glass.

hillaryjacques

Undercover, sort of...
Registered
Reaction score
<ahem> I am on the West Coast. Am I the sort you're talking about?

Why does everyone forget about me??

You're the up-late fairy I hope is always around. :) And, weirdly, I think you stay up later than I do most nights.

Debio

Registered
Reaction score
I wouldn't forget about you Bettielee. Not after that nightmare I had. I just didn't know you were a west coaster. Where abouts? I'm from Oregon.

Debio

Registered
Reaction score
West coast Rocks. Anyone with half a brain would want to live there.

It's a good thing most people don't have that qualification or it would get crowded.*

There are already too many people coming to college/university and such who decide not to go back.

Like I have a right to talk from Japan.:Shrug:

* Probably cuz hillaryjacques is collecting them for tifferbugz

hillaryjacques

Undercover, sort of...
Registered
Reaction score
I don't know when you sleep, Hizzizzle. It scares me to think of it.

You only think I'm awake all the time because I strategically pre-program posts. Like this one. Wrote it on Monday at 2:20 p.m., scheduled it for tonight. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.