XoLeIn GaEpRuXoMyRuEp

Status
Not open for further replies.

Debio

Back from the land of the dead.
Registered
Reaction score
Yay, I cut another 100 words. I'm under 3600. Haven't had to fire up the :e2chain: yet either.

*Wanders down to the end of the counter*

To :e2chain: or not to :e2chain:.

slcboston

Pasture-ized
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I am working on my brother's resume (accent!) for him...and I'm terribly tempted to add horrific things to the skills section. That would be wrong, wouldn't it? :evil

If you like your brother, then yes.

If not, then no.

I've had in-laws where it would have been no, for example.

:evil

Debio

Registered
Reaction score
You can get good cheese in Japan?

That was the one thing I had a heck of a time finding in Shanghai when I lived there.

Yeah, there is a specialty cheese store in town. Expensive. I think I pay about $3 an ounce or thereabouts for the gorganzolla. God I love the smelly blue stuff.

ETA: don't get the idea I'm rich, I do that about once a year for special treat myself occasions. My wife would kill me. 1. too expensive. 2. she hates the smell.

slcboston

Pasture-ized
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Yeah, there is a specialty cheese store in town. Expensive. I think I pay about $3 an ounce or thereabouts for the gorganzolla. God I love the smelly blue stuff.

Ah, yeah, I could have paid out the wazoo for it in some of the specialty shops that catered to ex-pats, but mostly I ended up waiting for those rare times I was in a Carrefour.

Kricket

Chirp! Chirp!
Registered
Reaction score
I'm a little sleep drunk right now so sausage and popsicles are hitting all those places where I buried my 13 year old self in my mind. I am greatly amused and now I shall go to bed.

:D

Debio

Registered
Reaction score
I'm a little sleep drunk right now so sausage and popsicles are hitting all those places where I buried my 13 year old self in my mind. I am greatly amused and now I shall go to bed.

Good thing we stopped talking about the apples...

Debio

Registered
Reaction score
I am sure it was witty and topical. Everyone here is very good at that.

On a side note, I think I have fallen in love with the "word cloud" at www.wordle.net

It is being very helpful in showing me words that I use way too often. It has helped me remove another 50 words so far and I still haven't had to resort to the :e2chain:

Tifferbugz

Doing Pirate things...
Registered
Reaction score
Don't give me that!

I offer you Exhibit A: the E-Z Freeze, full of how many men?

Well 10 wasn't around and *someone* had to post it.

:roll:

Although, I will say, on the whole you do tend to be one of the more well-behaved Cantinaites.

On the whole.

Which, minds you, sets the bar for good behavior pretty darn low in the first place.

YAY for beating low standards! :yessmiley

So many jokes, so little time.

Well he called me twice to insist on how much I'd like it. :D

So, Guy picked me up and we drove to the park before dusk. There was no one else around, and he got out his sausage. I tried some, and since it was good sausage, and well put together, I decided to have more sausage. He did not complain in the least.

We walked around a bit after and then went back to my house. He wanted me to have more of his sausage but too much meat when you aren't used to it can give you gas, so I politely declined. He was a bit put off by this as guys usually are, but he enjoyed his sausage himself and I sat with him and tried not to stare.

Ya know, typical non-date stuff :)

That's a total date. And it sounds like fun! :D

In all seriousness, glad your date went well.

And yes, it was a date.

No matter what you say otherwise.

Yes, exactly.

I dunno, he is playing it slow. Sausage offerings aside.

We watched Rise of the Planet of the Apes and he left soon after...

Why is he in charge of how slow it's played? Make a move girlio!~ :e2brows:

...I just made myself sound slutty, didn't I? Oh well.

DON'T put any more in there. They'll crush my popsicles. Also, the bulb went off in there and someone needs to replace it STAT, because extracting a popsicle is now much more difficult and embarrassing than it used to be. :(

It's kind of like a messed-up--but really fun--lottery that you can't lose. :D

I am working on my brother's resume (accent!) for him...and I'm terribly tempted to add horrific things to the skills section. That would be wrong, wouldn't it? :evil

Well, it's a good way to see if he reads it after you send it back.

Debio

Registered
Reaction score
ok, dead Cantina is totally dead... what the hell is going on with us????

Where is everybody??

I was driving home. It decided to snow today. I thought we were done with that business.

10trackers

Pollyanna, Shedder of Casual Blood
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
DON'T put any more in there. They'll crush my popsicles. Also, the bulb went off in there and someone needs to replace it STAT, because extracting a popsicle is now much more difficult and embarrassing than it used to be. :(

All The Things. I have to say All The Things. *head asplodes*

Well 10 wasn't around and *someone* had to post it.

And thank you for that :D *hai fives Tiffz*

Debio

Registered
Reaction score
All The Things. I have to say All The Things. *head asplodes*

*Pulls out a towel and begins wiping up 10brains.*

Guys? uh, guys? Tens did the brainy blowey uppey thingy again.

*whistles innocently as he wipes up the blood from his hemorrhaging short story.*

I certainly hope I didn't hit an artery.

Fenika

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Date.

*nods sagely*

And you can have my sign once you stop causing me to need it.
I swear no one overshares like a woman.

:tongue

What's wrong with Polish Sausage?!

You know, I would really like to comment on how difficult it is to get a good sausage in this country. But the current context makes that extremely dangerous. At least I can get good cheese.

Apparently there is a good sausage store south of here.

Yay, I cut another 100 words. I'm under 3600. Haven't had to fire up the :e2chain: yet either.

*Wanders down to the end of the counter*

To :e2chain: or not to :e2chain:.

Do eet.

ok... what the hell happened to my post earlier?????

First my cable goes bollywonkers and then this!

I don't remember what the post was, but I am sure it was topical and witty.

Dammit.

It will come to you. We like your posts. Post moar.

jallenecs

Searching for Wonderland
Registered
Reaction score
We should change the name of the Cantina to Innuendo Central.

Debio

Registered
Reaction score
We should change the name of the Cantina to Innuendo Central.

The only real problem I see with that is that we would feel obligated to live up to the name. It would be fun for a while, then stress inducing, then eventually boring when we run out of Polish Sausage jokes. I mean, even if we ARE writers, we'd run out eventually.

Besides, wouldn't it be more fun if the newbies came in and didn't expect anything? :evil

:e2chain: update. 450 words from 3700 word story have been cut so far.

Fenika

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Oh, as for me making the move, I made vague efforts. I used some light humor and he returned it a bit but didn't escalate so I stopped that tactic. I mentioned I would have to go visit him next time. And I thought about being bold and kissing him goodnight but the mood wasnt right and he threw a hug at me so pffft.

In totally other news I had this epic dream we were going to war and somehow I was the chosen leader. Dont worry, Bos, you werent there. We sized up and old castle that was partially ruined and fought off the hordes when they came. I watched and led from the tower. Everytime I looked over the wall, the horde was upset because apparently they were particularly interested in catching or killing me.

Then some dogs came up and they were killer minpins. I kicked the snot out of the doggie leader and we grabbed it. Later I dropped and killed it in front of the owner, though I had meant to strike a deal with the evil person. Things got wierd, and we were under this parachute canopy with the evil person our untied hostage and we all watched the horde attack the castle in vain. There was a base of an old tower a bit uphill of the castle, so some baddies started dragging cannons over there. Evil Hostage smuggly said something about how we werent expecting that as they climbed onto the first and only floor of the tower, aside from the base floor which was hidden in stone. I make some noncommital and unimpressed noise. When the baddies are getting their cannons ready, boom! the tower blows up. I give EH the spirit of her dumb minpin back, in the form of a pepper seed, but it bounces off her hand and falls to the ground. eH is sad.

One of you decides to take us down and the huge canopy thing is suddenly a hang glider. The horde is losing so when it sees us it starts to flee. But we never worked out steering so we start spinning and losing altitude and yelling. And more spinning and more yelling. We somehow land safely by the castle and the parachute disapears. I find a bunch of pepper seeds by a cannon in a field and make a peace offing to EH. Bit only one, and I secretly hope it doesnt hatch. We dont let her go. And before we can celebrate I wake up to find it is very late thanks to DST. The end.

Wayyyy toooo epiccc.

jallenecs

Searching for Wonderland
Registered
Reaction score
I've been here two years and they haven't run out of smartassery yet. Maybe the well's about to run dry, but I'm doubting it.

On the other hand, there's a certain charm about innuendo-bombing newbies.

Fenika

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Anything would be better than the current name. Most names have been subtle put downs or slights on our strangeness lately and its getting old. No pun intended.

Kricket

Chirp! Chirp!
Registered
Reaction score
Good Morning Friends!

That is a very epic dream Fen.

*looks down at computer clock, looks up at wall clock* Whoa, isn't DST coming a little early this year? How did I totally miss it?

:( Now I have no time to edit this morning.

*internal clock explodes* Dang it, I just got that replaced too.

Debio

Registered
Reaction score
Ok, bed time for Debio. Tomorrow, I must bandage my poor wounded story. Have fun folks. Someone put a clock on the wall. I'm sure more people will be stumbling in.

Fenika

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
We tried putting a clock on the wall. It spun around everytime someone walked in and finally whimpered and threw itself from the wall and into the smibble pit.

True story.

My internal clock is going to be screwed. I now have to get up at 2:30am internal clock time. Ouch.

Status
Not open for further replies.