Welcome to the AbsoluteWrite Water Cooler! Please read The Newbie Guide To Absolute Write

Thread: XoLeIn GaEpRuXoMyRuEp

  1. #8676
    Searching for Wonderland jallenecs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Appalachia
    Posts
    8,894
    Quote Originally Posted by slcboston View Post
    Yes, actually, because I have more or less prohibited them from doing so.

    So I can either starve until lunch, which is take forever to get here, or be a hypocrite of the "Do as I say not as I do" variety.

    Let me share with you one of my mother's favorite philosophies regarding the classroom and her role in it.

    To wit, "This is not a democracy. This is a dictatorship, and I'm the Big Dick."

    Blackburn Gaslight Adventures - my steampunk internet audio drama

    Fortuna - my Space Pirates! audio drama

    This is my pen name on Facebook. And this is my pen name on Twitter.

    Blog Post for 06/05/15: Fun Friday: Even More Web Series

  2. #8677
    I want to be Comic Sans. CobraMisfit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    6,279
    Quote Originally Posted by slcboston View Post
    Do those exist? Or is the best you can hope for a minimal amount of crazy?

    *has opinions on this*
    I asked the Mag1c 9-Ball and it said "Error 404: Page Not Found".
    Quote Originally Posted by 10trackers View Post
    I adore how our Cobra unapologetically loves odd stuff


    "On a scale of one to pyramid, it's definitely pyramid." - TotalBiscuit

    Books | Website | Chirps | Goodreads

    CM's Motivational Alert Code Color Chart


  3. #8678
    Wordswift Penmonkey Contrariant
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    7,595
    Quote Originally Posted by slcboston View Post
    Yes, actually, because I have more or less prohibited them from doing so.
    But not completely eh? I see your get out clause there.

    I always used to offer to let them eat in the lesson provided they spent twice as long as it took them to eat it with me during their lunch-break. Requests tended to dry up pretty fast when they discovered that they would spend the time clearing up the rubbish from the school field.

    Mean? Me? Why yes, naturally.

    ETA: And now I'm hungry, and it's past my lunch-time.
    Last edited by aliwood; 03-07-2012 at 09:12 PM. Reason: Adding food

  4. #8679
    Lane Pryce maxmordon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Venezuela
    Posts
    10,658
    Summer school and doing diet here, how are you all this morning?
    "Life isnít divided into genres. Itís a horrifying, romantic, tragic, comical, science-fiction cowboy detective novel. You know, with a bit of pornography if you're lucky."

  5. #8680
    Part-time ninja CAMueller's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Dallas, Texas
    Posts
    1,625
    It's a work travel day for me. On the upside, was up early enough to get in 15 pages of revisions. This makes me feel somewhat productive.

    Now to the airport for a four-hour flight. Blarg.
    Current Projects
    BORROWED PROMISES is with the agent (Urban fantasy)

    Author Site | Review Blog | Facebook | Tumblr | @ChelseaVBC


    Latest Write Like a Fighter Post: The First One's Free

  6. #8681
    Doing Pirate things... Tifferbugz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    ...on my pirate ship.
    Posts
    5,256
    Egads. Rewriting this synopsis this morning. Getting far too into this story again. *pets story*

    Quote Originally Posted by Andelana View Post
    Would that mean I get to read your book before it's published?


    Sadly, I'm not sure this one will ever see the light of day. But, here's hoping someone lurves it like I do.

    Quote Originally Posted by Kricket View Post
    *come out of editing cave for more hot coco. Stares at cave opening and whimpers*

    I don't want to go back in. There's about to be a LOT of cutting and it's going to hurt.

    You can dooooeeeet!!!
    ___________________________
    New Release: Don't Blackmail the Vampire

    Website & Blog
    Twitter
    My Books



  7. #8682
    Secret Stick-Figure Superhero Andelana's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Cambridge, Cambridgeshire
    Posts
    960
    Quote Originally Posted by aliwood View Post
    Wasn't it called Fez after the cute cat?
    Yeah! Fez the Hat Velociraptor

    (also, here's a new 'glamor shots' pic of Fezzy:
    https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...3&l=7813dd3707 )
    Last edited by Andelana; 03-07-2012 at 09:32 PM. Reason: Kitties!

  8. #8683
    Just a regular Fairy Princess bettielee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Enchanted Forest and/or editing cave
    Posts
    24,389
    Quote Originally Posted by Gilroy Cullen View Post
    21 Jump Street - the serious TV drama, rather than the campy send up film.
    I am so incredibly pissed about this.

    At first I was all: THEY MADE A JUMPSTREET MOVIE! OMGWTFBBQ!

    And then I was all: What the $%^# is this $#!+?!

    Quote Originally Posted by jallenecs View Post
    Library Thing? Really? You just HAD to bring that thing in here, where just anybody could stumble over it? As if I didn't already have enough on my hands with www.goodreads.com !



    Library Thing sucks. They charge after 25 book additions. Goodreads are free. Thus Gooreads are moar bettar than Library Thing.

    Quote Originally Posted by Kricket View Post
    *come out of editing cave for more hot coco. Stares at cave opening and whimpers*

    I don't want to go back in. There's about to be a LOT of cutting and it's going to hurt.

    Yeah. Last night's editing cave session for me got a little hairy. sorry about the profanity on the walls. I like to draw when I get frustrated.

    Quote Originally Posted by Andelana View Post
    Yeah! Fez the Hat Velociraptor

    (also, here's a new 'glamor shots' pic of Fezzy:
    https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...3&l=7813dd3707 )
    babies kitteh! omg! *dies of squee*

    *comes back from the dead to complain* Why doesn't my gorgeous kitteh ever let me take pics of her that look like that? All she does is give me the ever-present smirk of disdain.

    And good morning Cantina. I am 23 pages away from being done with the first pass edit. Booyah.


    I have a new blog! Reading, Writing, Rithmancy
    Latest post: Literary Lettuce

    Current project: editing a Gothic Romance that is of vampiric proportion

    Twitter

  9. #8684
    Undercover, sort of... hillaryjacques's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Alaska
    Posts
    8,724
    Quote Originally Posted by Tifferbugz View Post
    Egads. Rewriting this synopsis this morning. Getting far too into this story again. *pets story*
    Focus on the conflict and changes...don't go into the light...

    Quote Originally Posted by bettielee View Post
    Yeah. Last night's editing cave session for me got a little hairy. sorry about the profanity on the walls. I like to draw when I get frustrated.
    That's fine, Bettie. The obscene drawings, however, it's a bit much.





    I cannot conceive of a world without tbr lists. I simply cannot.

    And, in other news, my single-parenting stint has been extended due to flight cancellations. Ask me how awesome I think this is, I dare you.

  10. #8685
    Secret Stick-Figure Superhero Andelana's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Cambridge, Cambridgeshire
    Posts
    960
    Quote Originally Posted by bettielee View Post
    I am so incredibly pissed about this.

    At first I was all: THEY MADE A JUMPSTREET MOVIE! OMGWTFBBQ!

    And then I was all: What the $%^# is this $#!+?!
    Totally this. I DID hear that Johnny Depp was going to make a brief cameo, but I'm not sure that's worth actually watching it. (Um, also no idea if it's already out here or if he did actually make a cameo; I think I just saw a preview for it at the cinema when I went to see The Woman in Black)

    babies kitteh! omg! *dies of squee*

    *comes back from the dead to complain* Why doesn't my gorgeous kitteh ever let me take pics of her that look like that? All she does is give me the ever-present smirk of disdain.
    Aww, glad you like him! My other cat is camera shy like yours, though. I occasionally get lucky with a picture of her, but I think Fezzy is just a bit of an attention-whore.

    And good morning Cantina. I am 23 pages away from being done with the first pass edit. Booyah.

  11. #8686
    Chirp! Chirp! Kricket's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Colorado
    Posts
    4,348
    Quote Originally Posted by bettielee View Post
    Yeah. Last night's editing cave session for me got a little hairy. sorry about the profanity on the walls. I like to draw when I get frustrated.

    And good morning Cantina. I am 23 pages away from being done with the first pass edit. Booyah.
    Go Bettie go!

    I'm about to reenter the Cave now that Little Kricket is napping. But first I must stock up on milk and cookies. It's the only way I'll be able to get through this.

    Bring out the and wear clothes you don't mind getting dirty, this is going to be bloody.
    Kricket's Korner A Cozy Place To Write
    Updated: Whenever the hell I want

    WIPs
    SF Novel: Moon Dragons First Draft COMPLTETED 90,832 words, Resting
    Urban Fantasy Novel: White Crow 28,537 words


  12. #8687
    Just a regular Fairy Princess bettielee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Enchanted Forest and/or editing cave
    Posts
    24,389
    Quote Originally Posted by hillaryjacques View Post

    That's fine, Bettie. The obscene drawings, however, it's a bit much.



    I cannot conceive of a world without tbr lists. I simply cannot.

    And, in other news, my single-parenting stint has been extended due to flight cancellations. Ask me how awesome I think this is, I dare you.

    does it help if I say those were my impression of Hugh Jackman naked? (for some people - it does!)

    and I agree about the tbr. I have over 200 in my goodreads list.

    I hope the gentleman in question returns soon and in one piece...until you decide to rearrange parts of him.


    Quote Originally Posted by Andelana View Post
    Totally this. I DID hear that Johnny Depp was going to make a brief cameo, but I'm not sure that's worth actually watching it. (Um, also no idea if it's already out here or if he did actually make a cameo; I think I just saw a preview for it at the cinema when I went to see The Woman in Black)



    Aww, glad you like him! My other cat is camera shy like yours, though. I occasionally get lucky with a picture of her, but I think Fezzy is just a bit of an attention-whore.



    And what really hurts? I luv Jonah Hill. I feel like he's punched me in the face. I don't know if a Johnny cameo will make up for it.

    I'm with the little guy and thank you!

    Quote Originally Posted by Kricket View Post
    Go Bettie go!

    I'm about to reenter the Cave now that Little Kricket is napping. But first I must stock up on milk and cookies. It's the only way I'll be able to get through this.

    Bring out the and wear clothes you don't mind getting dirty, this is going to be bloody.
    First: thank you my friend! I went! I hope to go some more tonight. And for heaven's sake, load up on cookies!


    I have a new blog! Reading, Writing, Rithmancy
    Latest post: Literary Lettuce

    Current project: editing a Gothic Romance that is of vampiric proportion

    Twitter

  13. #8688
    Just a regular Fairy Princess bettielee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Enchanted Forest and/or editing cave
    Posts
    24,389
    Also: I need someone more responsible than me to tell me to go to bed at a reasonable hour.

    Every night. I go to bed at like 1 am. That is very stupid when you have to be up at 7. Why can't I go to bed earlier? For reals. I'm like a little kid who doesn't want to go to sleep.


    I have a new blog! Reading, Writing, Rithmancy
    Latest post: Literary Lettuce

    Current project: editing a Gothic Romance that is of vampiric proportion

    Twitter

  14. #8689
    No I do not want to be king Gilroy Cullen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Deep in the State of Confusion
    Posts
    4,108
    Quote Originally Posted by bettielee View Post
    Library Thing sucks. They charge after 25 book additions. Goodreads are free. Thus Gooreads are moar bettar than Library Thing.
    Librarything doesn't charge until 200 books, and even then its whatever you can pay. Lifetime membership is $25 for unlimited books. Plus the interface is much nicer than Goodreads, I think.

    Plus, the preference also depends on pure cataloging or just pure social communication with no real disambiguation of authors, books, etc.

    Oye. Forget me arguing the social media book swag.

    Did I mention that I hate Facebook?
    Links: My Writing Blog | My Flickr Attempt | Personal Blog

    Braving SYW:
    Poetry Crit

    A writer's journey is like life - no two are entirely alike.

  15. #8690
    Undercover, sort of... hillaryjacques's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Alaska
    Posts
    8,724
    Quote Originally Posted by bettielee View Post
    does it help if I say those were my impression of Hugh Jackman naked? (for some people - it does!)
    Why is he always carrying a baguette in these pictures? Oh, wait...OH.

  16. #8691
    Just a regular Fairy Princess bettielee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Enchanted Forest and/or editing cave
    Posts
    24,389
    Quote Originally Posted by Gilroy Cullen View Post
    Librarything doesn't charge until 200 books, and even then its whatever you can pay. Lifetime membership is $25 for unlimited books. Plus the interface is much nicer than Goodreads, I think.

    Plus, the preference also depends on pure cataloging or just pure social communication with no real disambiguation of authors, books, etc.

    Oye. Forget me arguing the social media book swag.

    Did I mention that I hate Facebook?
    oh, I thought it was $25 a year... and I have over 400 books on goodreads... so... you see...

    I also interact way more on goodreads than I ever did on library thing.


    I have a new blog! Reading, Writing, Rithmancy
    Latest post: Literary Lettuce

    Current project: editing a Gothic Romance that is of vampiric proportion

    Twitter

  17. #8692
    I want to be Comic Sans. CobraMisfit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    6,279
    Quote Originally Posted by Gilroy Cullen View Post
    Did I mention that I hate Facebook?
    This.

    Both my web-based and mobile versions are busted at the moment. Did all the troubleshooting recommendations with no joy. Put in a ticket and it's been radio silence for over three weeks.

    Ah, technology. At least Chirper and Gaggle+ are operational.
    Last edited by CobraMisfit; 03-07-2012 at 11:32 PM. Reason: Failing at spelling. Still.
    Quote Originally Posted by 10trackers View Post
    I adore how our Cobra unapologetically loves odd stuff


    "On a scale of one to pyramid, it's definitely pyramid." - TotalBiscuit

    Books | Website | Chirps | Goodreads

    CM's Motivational Alert Code Color Chart


  18. #8693
    Wordswift Penmonkey Contrariant
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    7,595
    Quote Originally Posted by Gilroy Cullen View Post
    Did I mention that I hate Facebook?
    Agreed.

  19. #8694
    Wordswift Penmonkey Contrariant
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    7,595
    Quote Originally Posted by bettielee View Post
    Why can't I go to bed earlier? For reals. I'm like a little kid who doesn't want to go to sleep.
    I'm pretty sure I'm not more responsible than you, but don't forget to go to bed earlier. Then you can read more in bed right? Look at it as a way to lower your TBR list.

  20. #8695
    Just a regular Fairy Princess bettielee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Enchanted Forest and/or editing cave
    Posts
    24,389
    Not. Helping.

    And I think I'm coming down with something... something not good. Something that makes my insides want to come out and be on the outside....


    I have a new blog! Reading, Writing, Rithmancy
    Latest post: Literary Lettuce

    Current project: editing a Gothic Romance that is of vampiric proportion

    Twitter

  21. #8696
    Doing Pirate things... Tifferbugz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    ...on my pirate ship.
    Posts
    5,256
    Quote Originally Posted by Andelana View Post
    Yeah! Fez the Hat Velociraptor

    (also, here's a new 'glamor shots' pic of Fezzy:
    https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...3&l=7813dd3707 )
    SO CUTE!

    Quote Originally Posted by bettielee View Post
    Not. Helping.

    And I think I'm coming down with something... something not good. Something that makes my insides want to come out and be on the outside....
    Oh that doesn't sound good. *hugs*
    ___________________________
    New Release: Don't Blackmail the Vampire

    Website & Blog
    Twitter
    My Books



  22. #8697
    Wordswift Penmonkey Contrariant
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    7,595
    Quote Originally Posted by bettielee View Post
    Something that makes my insides want to come out and be on the outside....
    A Virginia Andrews book?

  23. #8698
    Just a regular Fairy Princess bettielee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Enchanted Forest and/or editing cave
    Posts
    24,389
    I'm so sorry. That's like one of those facebook posts where you go... why are you telling me this????


    I have a new blog! Reading, Writing, Rithmancy
    Latest post: Literary Lettuce

    Current project: editing a Gothic Romance that is of vampiric proportion

    Twitter

  24. #8699
    Undercover, sort of... hillaryjacques's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Alaska
    Posts
    8,724
    Quote Originally Posted by bettielee View Post
    Something that makes my insides want to come out and be on the outside....
    Ebola?

  25. #8700
    I want to be Comic Sans. CobraMisfit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    6,279
    Quote Originally Posted by bettielee View Post
    Something that makes my insides want to come out and be on the outside....
    Alien?
    Quote Originally Posted by 10trackers View Post
    I adore how our Cobra unapologetically loves odd stuff


    "On a scale of one to pyramid, it's definitely pyramid." - TotalBiscuit

    Books | Website | Chirps | Goodreads

    CM's Motivational Alert Code Color Chart


Page 348 of 1050 FirstFirst ... 98248273298323338342343344345346347348349350351352353354358373398423448598848 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Custom Search