XoLeIn GaEpRuXoMyRuEp

Status
Not open for further replies.

Debio

Back from the land of the dead.
Registered
Reaction score
That was the one. :gaah If I wrote more contemporary stuff, I would definitely be using him as a character.

jallenecs

Searching for Wonderland
Registered
Reaction score
I must have missed this, but Debio's reaction has me debating whether I want to go back and find it.

:e2seesaw:

Don't. Don't go back. the sounds of your uncontrollable sniggering will have your family turn on you like mad dogs. Trust me on this.

Debio

Registered
Reaction score
I must have missed this, but Debio's reaction has me debating whether I want to go back and find it.

:e2seesaw:

NO! Don't go back and read it.

There is only room for one dark god of hate and destruction in the new universe and I was here first, so there :wag:

slcboston

Pasture-ized
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
NO! Don't go back and read it.

There is only room for one dark god of hate and destruction in the new universe and I was here first, so there :wag:

Actually, it just made me glad I don't work in an office.

I can't see it sucking down my time as badly as it has for you, clearly.

:D

Debio

Registered
Reaction score
Evil is good. If I am going to be the new evil god of hate and destruction, I need to practice. Anybody have a puppy I can kick?

My wife will get mad if I kick our doggy, and 15 year old Japanese rich kids don't cut it. Most of them need to be kicked for their own good. I did kick one once, the other teachers applauded when I came back into the teachers room.

amergina

Pittsburgh Strong
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.annazabo.com
Oh nice seed haul, Fen.

Morning, Cantina! It's Friday here!

It's Friday here too!

I finished editing a manuscript for the pub I'm editing for and typed up the editorial notes for the author. I always feel like starting off with DON'T PANIC in large friendly letters.

Tomorrow, I think, will be all about writing my own stuff. I have some smutty paranormal romance to finish and get out to an editor. Who will probably send me back a letter with DON'T PANIC in big friendly letters at the top...

*sings* The ciiiircle of liiiiiife..."

CAMueller

Part-time ninja
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.vampirebookclub.net
It's Friday here too!

I finished editing a manuscript for the pub I'm editing for and typed up the editorial notes for the author. I always feel like starting off with DON'T PANIC in large friendly letters.

Tomorrow, I think, will be all about writing my own stuff. I have some smutty paranormal romance to finish and get out to an editor. Who will probably send me back a letter with DON'T PANIC in big friendly letters at the top...

*sings* The ciiiircle of liiiiiife..."

Does it make getting the DON'T PANIC note any easier if you've just written one to someone?

And now I'm humming that song... ;)

hillaryjacques

Undercover, sort of...
Registered
Reaction score
My web server is down and I just stepped in something that came out of a cat's body and shouldn't have. The curse of the Thursdays is back!

slcboston

Pasture-ized
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
My web server is down and I just stepped in something that came out of a cat's body and shouldn't have. The curse of the Thursdays is back!

Hairball?

At least, I'm hoping, because that's probably one of the least repulsive options....

sick0008.gif

amergina

Pittsburgh Strong
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.annazabo.com
Does it make getting the DON'T PANIC note any easier if you've just written one to someone?

And now I'm humming that song... ;)

Hah!

To some extent, yes. I know I have bad habits. Everyone does. I've also been in and out of workshops and critique groups in academia, so that helps a lot with the whole "this is meant to help you produce a better story, not make you cry" issue.

I've learned the whole "I'm not my story." bit over the years. Yeah, I get the worst pains in my stomach when I get a manuscript back, but then I get over it and get to work. :)

But man, grad school made me into an exacting editor. I actually have to turn some of that off when I write, or I'd never get anything done:

"This isn't flowing well."
"Shut up. You'll fix it later."
"But the reader's going to trip over this sentence! And there's a floating body part!"
"Shut up, you'll fix it later!"
"But..."
"You'll. Fix. It. Later."
"Fine. Be that way. See if you ever sell anything."
*sounds of me gagging my internal editor* "I'll let you out. Later. When I'm done."
"Mmmmmph!"
"Shhh."
*type type type*

Debio

Registered
Reaction score

Well, even though it shouldn't have come out, I really hope it is something the cat can live without. Especially after it's been stepped on.

Do you want the job of Evil God of Hate and Destruction for the New Universe?

I'm having second thoughts. It seems rather arrogant on my part to claim title. I'm starting to feel like the little kid screaming "Look ma! No hands!" :e2bike2:

CAMueller

Part-time ninja
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.vampirebookclub.net
Hah!

To some extent, yes. I know I have bad habits. Everyone does. I've also been in and out of workshops and critique groups in academia, so that helps a lot with the whole "this is meant to help you produce a better story, not make you cry" issue.

I've learned the whole "I'm not my story." bit over the years. Yeah, I get the worst pains in my stomach when I get a manuscript back, but then I get over it and get to work. :)

But man, grad school made me into an exacting editor. I actually have to turn some of that off when I write, or I'd never get anything done:

I can relate to that. I started only allowing myself to make notes for future edits at the end of a chapter while writing the first draft. Otherwise, I nitpick and can't get lost in the story.

I love that grad school is what helped thicken your skin. I used to write columns and blog posts for newspapers and magazines for my day job. To have the public tell you why you're lame, your ideas are idiotic, etc.* forces one to suck it up when a critique comes back with heavier criticism -- at least that's constructive.

*There were always nice stuff, too, but the harsh ones stick with you.

bettielee

I'm a sparkly fairy princess!
Registered
Reaction score
Website
bettielee.wordpress.com
Was that me? The link to the thing about timesheets from back on page 326?

Hmmm. Well, then, I guess my work here is done. :)

yes, and I missed it the first time round and went back.

I regret it.

Yeah. They'll do it to you everytime.

Fenika

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I dont wanna get up. Bed cozy. Sleep gud.

*sigh*

Ob, and HR emailed me way back a few days ago to say I could not be paid the traditional way, but they sent my info to another department. They did Not say I Would be paid, but mentioned patience. Yay.

Debio

Registered
Reaction score
I dont wanna get up. Bed cozy. Sleep gud.

*sigh*

Ob, and HR emailed me way back a few days ago to say I could not be paid the traditional way, but they sent my info to another department. They did Not say I Would be paid, but mentioned patience. Yay.

Bed gud. Sleep gud. Two year old gud.

Unfortunately, two year old wins. :cry:

Saying you cannot be paid in the traditional way implies that you can be paid in non-traditional ways. Especially when they mention patience. My fingers are crossed. Getting paid is gud.

Fenika

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Yeah, when they bother to pay. Pay gud.

I made it in and I didnt step in anything. That second part is gud.

10trackers

Pollyanna, Shedder of Casual Blood
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
About to stuff my car full of things and dogs and head south.

Vacaaaaaaaay! :hooray:

Status
Not open for further replies.