Status
Not open for further replies.

CAMueller

Part-time ninja
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.vampirebookclub.net
All-day interviews are exhausting. How did you not just walk in the door and crash out?

Happy to hear it went well.

I'm all alone in the office today. I was out of town the last four days, and apparently the rest of the office chose to work from home on Friday. It's a little lonely, but also allows for loud music. So, I'm calling it productive.

hillaryjacques

Undercover, sort of...
Registered
Reaction score
I'm all alone in the office today. I was out of town the last four days, and apparently the rest of the office chose to work from home on Friday. It's a little lonely, but also allows for loud music. So, I'm calling it productive.

Are you playing or singing music loudly? ;)

Our office is freeeezing today. Luckily I'm warmed by the angst of my trust issues and the heat of my ulcers.

CAMueller

Part-time ninja
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.vampirebookclub.net
Are you playing or singing music loudly? ;)

Our office is freeeezing today. Luckily I'm warmed by the angst of my trust issues and the heat of my ulcers.

Why does it have to be either/or? ;)

See, you'd be less cold if you were dancing to loud music... not that I've done any of that in my very productive afternoon.

amergina

Pittsburgh Strong
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.annazabo.com

10 to 3. So 3 hours short of all day. But yeah.

All-day interviews are exhausting. How did you not just walk in the door and crash out?

I drank the rest of my morning latte on the way home. 'cause I can down cold coffee. And ZING!

Happy to hear it went well.

Thanks. :)

Rock out!

Fenika

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
:Huh: Isn't that what happens when you put too many bananas in a row?

Yes, well, my brain might have added a letter at the end of ana. Just sayin.

Try hot tea. Then you get the warm liquid and your ulcer goes from Bonfire to INFERNO.

10 to 3. So 3 hours short of all day. But yeah.

Still :eek:

And guys, Skype thing. See longish post many posts ago...

Fenika

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
ALSO: I know a secret, I know a secret! Someone should be visiting SFF with good news soon.

:banana:

Isn't good news awesome? We need more good news.

Fenika

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
SKYPE UPDATE:

I smell like thousands of raw chickens. Yay.

So this vet I want to go 'shadow' and learn from called me back right after I had given up. They had the wrong number but took time to get the right one. He said I could shadow him, and I was all :yessmiley until I realized I'd be starting tomorrow (and every Saturday), and since he doesn't want me showing up at 11am, I am totally going to miss the chat. :gaah

So, we can leave it as is and I'll forward everyone's Skype to Shadow and Shadow can lead, if that works.

We can move it to Sunday, if enough folks will be around.

We can move it to next Sunday.

What do folks think?

And Kricket, rep me your alias. I wasnt keeping notes or being organized ;)

amergina

Pittsburgh Strong
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.annazabo.com
Huzzah for good news!!

Oh, and hey, got confirmation that the interview went well. HR should be calling me on Monday, apparently. *cough* Whew.

Fenika

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Huzzah for good news!!

Oh, and hey, got confirmation that the interview went well. HR should be calling me on Monday, apparently. *cough* Whew.

:e2woo:

I'm freeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:e2woo:

As for Skype, we can do any time*. Since folks dont tend to go out Sunday night, how is 5 PM EST? That should work for most time zones...

*any time except I am going riding around 1 and may be a few hours. So pre noon is the other choice. Say 11:30?

10trackers

Pollyanna, Shedder of Casual Blood
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Yay for people who need yays!

As for me, I'm 5K into the novel and already killed off my FMC. As I noted on the twitters, I may have a problem :Wha:

Fenika

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I don't think she can be a main character if she dies 5% of the way through :D

eyeblink

Barbara says hi
Registered
Reaction score
I don't think she can be a main character if she dies 5% of the way through :D

Even Janet Leigh in Psycho lasted about 40% of the running time.

As for Skype things, I'll see if I can get hold of a cheap microphone in Aldershot tomorrow. I don't think there's anything I need other than the software? I'm planning on seeing The Muppets sometime on Sunday but am flexible on times. I would have been out on Saturday afternoon.

And as it's nearly 1pm here, hello Cantina and goodnight.

Fenika

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
As for Skype things, I'll see if I can get hold of a cheap microphone in Aldershot tomorrow. I don't think there's anything I need other than the software? I'm planning on seeing The Muppets sometime on Sunday but am flexible on times. I would have been out on Saturday afternoon.

And as it's nearly 1pm here, hello Cantina and goodnight.

Check the system requirements though only a fossil wouldnt be up to spec. Decent speakers and fast internet helps.

Fenika

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Anyone else seeing the freelance union ad at the top? 'we're writing the rules for the new economy' Uh. No you're not.

I doubt they are writing the rules for so much as a new RPG.

zanzjan

killin' all teh werds
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
VPX
VPXI
Registered
Reaction score
LAST
DAY
OF
WORK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

YAYAYAYAY! *so* jealous over here...

However, if my two coworkers who spend 2 hours a day talking to each other don't stop, I'm going to have to keel one of them. As in keel and haul, but without the hauling. I just don't have the time.

I recently moved offices to sit down next to the main office staff. I'm thinking a diagram may be necessary to follow the drama. Doing my best to stay out of it all.

So, we can leave it as is and I'll forward everyone's Skype to Shadow and Shadow can lead, if that works. We can move it to Sunday, if enough folks will be around.

Either works for me. And yay for vet getting back to you.

Ah, the high-tech all-day interview. But I think it went well. I really like the company and I think it'll be a fantastic fit.

w00t! Keeping fingers crossed for you!

I am informed that there may be "some noise' in my office next week because they're going to be drilling through the concrete on the floor right above me. You get the job at this high tech place and find you need an extra IT person on short notice, give me a call...

I'm freeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yay again! Just because it's such a wonderful thing!

Status
Not open for further replies.