Status
Not open for further replies.

aliwood

Penmonkey Contrarian
Registered
Reaction score
Website
truckloadofart.wordpress.com
Will do, although I'd be interested to know where you can spend zloty and Czech crowns these days. Er, is this Kuggerand yours?

I made an assumption there didn't I? These days. Given that we have time travel in the cantina you would have no problem spending them. Duh!

Back to the WP then.

Can anyone explain why I can't get the idea of chocolate digestive biscuits out of my head?

Last edited:

Psychomacologist

The Sarcasm Fairy
Registered
Reaction score
I currently have in my wallet an Australian dollar that someone slipped me instead of a pound coin. If anyone wants it, it's available.

Kricket

Chirp! Chirp!
Registered
Reaction score
I'll take any form of money as long as it can either be changed into American dollars or be turned into pure gold.

But, I'd much rather have someone come over to watch Little K so I can nap. He did not sleep in. :(

amergina

Pittsburgh Strong
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.annazabo.com
Why would you give that up? It seems like an important skill set...

Well, I'm also trying to curb my righteous indignation...

Ramadan this year will be in the middle of summer. The fast is something like 19 hours long. I will be in here a lot, complaining about how hungry and tired and cranky I am.

Unless MrMacologist knocks me up first and I can't fast due to pregnancy...
I've been watching it get closer into summer. :-/ That's a long time.

ETA: I hope you end up not having to fast. :D

amergina

Pittsburgh Strong
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.annazabo.com
Hmm, let's see... change at my desk...

50 Euro cents
11 Sheqels
57 Canadian cents
1.50 Turkish Lira
and a US penny

Psychomacologist

The Sarcasm Fairy
Registered
Reaction score
I've been watching it get closer into summer. :-/ That's a long time.

ETA: I hope you end up not having to fast. :D
It is. Last year was a real challenge. I was exhausted most of the time.

I hope I don't have to fast either, partly because of the length and partly because YAY BABY! Also, if you miss the fasts you have to make them up, but you can save them and make up for them in winter when the days are really short :D

50 Euro cents
11 Sheqels
57 Canadian cents
1.50 Turkish Lira
and a US penny

That is an impressively multicultural collection of coinage. It's like a UN convention of currencies.

Afternoon gang. Home time in twenty minutes! I've spent my afternoon writing about a degree course delivered entirely via a mobile app. Fer reals.

amergina

Pittsburgh Strong
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.annazabo.com
I like to travel. :D

Though the Canadian money is stuff I got in change. I fish it out of my coin purse because their quarters don't work in the pop machine.

Andelana

Secret Stick-Figure Superhero
Registered
Reaction score
The biggest multi-quote in Minnesota

OH NOES. THIS IS AN EMERGENCY SITUATION!!!

I know! I probably won't get any more until tomorrow... IF she finds the disc! If.... *sniffle* OTOH, she HAS organised a trip to the cinema to see The Woman in Black preceded by halfway decent Tex-Mex at Chiquito for tomorrow night, so I suppose she can be forgiven eventually. ;)

Mwa ha ha ha! Wait until you get to season five. And don't forget to buy tissues; you'll need 'em.

Stumbled across this last night. It's an ASL gloss, which may not appeal to some. But the song is a giggle.

I've already needed them! The poor car at the end of series 1...

Also, awesome song! I'm going to have to listen to more of her stuff.

had things to do and people to do them to.

That sounds extra ominous and FUN. :D

There have been many awesome limericks shred here. Congrats to you all! I wrote one (!) once about our student teacher in English class being an alien. I wonder how the, ahem, "poetry critic" would react the that. Poets are weird, though, I think. I work with loads of them. They're almost as weird as actors. The novelists and prose writers I've met are odd, too, but in a different and less irritating way. (Although that could be sentiment fuelled by our having to clear up messes left by [admittedly not very famous] poets and actors and never having to do it for [usually quite famous] novelists. Maybe more people stick around to help clear up the famouser someone is. ;) )

jallenecs

Searching for Wonderland
Registered
Reaction score

50 Euro cents
11 Sheqels
57 Canadian cents
1.50 Turkish Lira
and a US penny

I have about 5 dollars in Canadian coinage, and a 100-dollar Confederate banknote.

hillaryjacques

Undercover, sort of...
Registered
Reaction score
Bettie!!!

Cobra is on vacay, dudes :)

Also, test is in. I am allergic to my dogs.

Awww. :Hug2:

So, what's next then? Move to more bathing/cleaning and take meds? Was there an issue with your GP not prescribing meds if you chose not to remove the allergen? Do you have good over-the-counter meds there?

Tifferbugz

Doing Pirate things...
Registered
Reaction score
*hugs 10*

If you have Zyrtec over there, I totally recommend it. It really helps me and doesn't make me feel weird (unless I take the kind with the decongestant, but you can get used to that if you need it).

Fenika

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
So, the ulcer only burns when I drink hot beverages.

*Sips tea* :gaah *sips* :gaah *sips* :gaah

Like. Tea.

Tea. Gud. Fire. Bad.

Will do, although I'd be interested to know where you can spend zloty and Czech crowns these days. Er, is this Kuggerand yours?

I made an assumption there didn't I? These days. Given that we have time travel in the cantina you would have no problem spending them. Duh!

Wait, you do realize neither Poland nor Czech have adopted the Euro, yes? There's only 17 EU members that have, if I understand correctly when they assume I know what 'eurozone' is on NPR (ie, not the whole EU but countries with the Euro...). It is easy to use Euros in both countries though.

I currently have in my wallet an Australian dollar that someone slipped me instead of a pound coin. If anyone wants it, it's available.

I've got a few I think. I have some 5c with the cute echidna. Somewhere. I have various NZ coins and bills. A 100euro bill. Zloty. Random money.

Good morning all.

Self-imposed exile couldn't last, after getting a Tor.com email mentioning When the Sea is Rising Red by a Cantina-ite! Very exciting.

What did I miss?

BETTIE! *tackle hugs* *crotch grabs* (Where is that image?!?! SOMEONE! GET! THE! IMG! FOR! B!)

And which Cantinaite??

*hugs 10*

If you have Zyrtec over there, I totally recommend it. It really helps me and doesn't make me feel weird (unless I take the kind with the decongestant, but you can get used to that if you need it).

It's prolly not 'zyrtec' over there. It may not be otc.

Fun fact: You can't get tylenol in NZ (which is neither tylenol or acetomenaphrin) unless a doctor writes a script. Any requests for acetomenaphrin will have the University doc looking it up in the drug book, finding the NZ name, then informing you they don't prescribe that typically. Or ever. Even to americans.

They will then inform you that you can pick up otc codeine from the grocery or drug store, which you already knew.

Yeahhhhhhhhhhh.

(Go New Zealand!)

Coincidentally, I had my ingrown toenail surgeries in NZ, and I was quite legally high as a kite for over a week. Epic.

Status
Not open for further replies.