XoLeIn GaEpRuXoMyRuEp

Status
Not open for further replies.

slcboston

Pasture-ized
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
No. I need metal rings of ascending size around which to bake my bacon-wrapped-bacon.

Oh. I see.

I think I speak for many of us here when I say we shall expect full details of the results of this bacon experiment of yours.

drool.gif

Along with a reproducible recipe, if need be.

cook.gif

jallenecs

Searching for Wonderland
Registered
Reaction score
Speaking of religions, it being Lent and all, I suppose I should give something up.

I am taking requests.

You have to give up something significant, something that will pain you to do without.

Give up Dean.

Means more for me.

Fenika

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Tonight's shopping list:
chocolate
bacon rings
broccoli
chocolate

Is there anything else?

Less confused taste buds?

This year, I'm actually going to do the one meal a day thing. coupled with getting my life on a better schedule.

You seem to have a bit of an oxymoron there.

3 small meals with 2-3 snacks is wayyy healthier for you.

Three words for you:

Bacon
Wrapped
Chocolate

And you need entirely new tastebuds. Dire.

amergina

Pittsburgh Strong
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.annazabo.com
You seem to have a bit of an oxymoron there.

3 small meals with 2-3 snacks is wayyy healthier for you.

Well, it'll be more like one full meal and two little ones. It *is* supposed to be a fast, after all. It's not as severe as say Ramadan (Did that one year. Luckily, during winter.) but you *are* supposed to be hungry. Or at least eat less than "normal". ;)

And you need entirely new tastebuds. Dire.
Quite possibly. I've had bacon bourbon and bacon beer. I do not recommend either, though.

slcboston

Pasture-ized
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Speaking of religions, it being Lent and all, I suppose I should give something up.

I am taking requests.

Give up Dean.

:Wha:

It's just Lent. She's not joining a convent, for pity's sake.

You can do what I am doing, KL. I'm giving up on American politics.

Actually, that started long before Lent, but I'm committed now.

:D

zanzjan

killin' all teh werds
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
VPX
VPXI
Registered
Reaction score
Ugh, what a day! What'd I miss? All sorts of wonderful cantinated stuff, right?

Work was long, and leapt right into night class -- is there some unspoken rule about not center-justifying text in a poem ever? Because Annoying Pretentious Twerp in class went on for like 10 minutes about how he couldn't possibly read my poem because he just couldn't handle centered text. Also, first time in a critique someone has referred to me a "prose writer" with the same intonation and context one might refer to someone as "a halfwit".

Starting to suspect poetry is not for me.

Tell me good and cheery things, people!

Fenika

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
*nominates Fen give up her food-fascism for Lent*

We know you can't/won't eat things. Doesn't mean we can't. I happen to think bacon and chocolate might not be a bad combination.

:tongue

It's not fascist to call someone confused. :tongue

And the only thing I'm giving up for Lent is you.

...why can't I quit you?!

Well, it'll be more like one full meal and two little ones. It *is* supposed to be a fast, after all. It's not as severe as say Ramadan (Did that one year. Luckily, during winter.) but you *are* supposed to be hungry. Or at least eat less than "normal". ;)

Quite possibly. I've had bacon bourbon and bacon beer. I do not recommend either, though.

Well that's not dire then. Except the bacon stuff. That's dire.

Fenika

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
You want good things? I cant feel my ulcer and my stomach is mostly settled down.

It beats the alternative.

slcboston

Pasture-ized
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Work was long, and leapt right into night class -- is there some unspoken rule about not center-justifying text in a poem ever? Because Annoying Pretentious Twerp in class went on for like 10 minutes about how he couldn't possibly read my poem because he just couldn't handle centered text. Also, first time in a critique someone has referred to me a "prose writer" with the same intonation and context one might refer to someone as "a halfwit".

I would remind them that the whole point of poetry is to be able to do things in innovative ways, which has certainly included centering.

I would also remind them that some of our most notable poets were also prose writers, or at the very least dabbled in things other than just poetry.

And then I would ask the Pretentious Twerp how many pieces he's sold. Hell, how many pieces he's ever bothered to *sub.*

Followed with a rude yet direct comment about where he can stick his comments.

:evil

slcboston

Pasture-ized
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
And the only thing I'm giving up for Lent is you.

...why can't I quit you?!

Um, I don't know, but I feel cheated that we didn't have to spend a night in a cold tent to achieve this state. That feels wrong, to me, somehow.

We should rectify this.

slcboston

Pasture-ized
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score

You know, a bourbon *glaze* over some bacon wrapped items - say, large sea scallops - might be a good thing. Or bacon-covered salmon.

That sounds good.

Debio

Back from the land of the dead.
Registered
Reaction score
Nobody likes my really bad humor?

*Pouts in the dong garden.*

This may be late, but....

If you are in the dong garden, and you are still pouting, there is definitely a problem. I mean, I'm 100% het-male, and I don't think I could be in the dong garden without at least snickering.

slcboston

Pasture-ized
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
This may be late, but....

If you are in the dong garden, and you are still pouting, there is definitely a problem. I mean, I'm 100% het-male, and I don't think I could be in the dong garden without at least snickering.

Actually, you're in Japan, right?

They probably have a real-life version of that somewhere, I would think.

(yes, I've been there. Not a lot, but enough to realize they have an odd approach to things, at least by Western sensibilities.)

amergina

Pittsburgh Strong
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.annazabo.com
You know, a bourbon *glaze* over some bacon wrapped items - say, large sea scallops - might be a good thing. Or bacon-covered salmon.

That sounds good.

Oh God. I love bacon-wrapped scallops.

And now I am hungry. damn it!

Debio

Back from the land of the dead.
Registered
Reaction score
Actually, you're in Japan, right?

They probably have a real-life version of that somewhere, I would think.

(yes, I've been there. Not a lot, but enough to realize they have an odd approach to things, at least by Western sensibilities.)

Yeah, if I remember correctly there is supposed to be a six foot tall stone penis at one of the smaller local shrines. I haven't been to this one, but I have seen others of its type.

slcboston

Pasture-ized
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Yeah, if I remember correctly there is supposed to be a six foot tall stone penis at one of the smaller local shrines. I haven't been to this one, but I have seen others of its type.

:roll:

Yes, this is the kind of thing I was talking about.

jallenecs

Searching for Wonderland
Registered
Reaction score
I iz sleepy.

night, all. See you tomorrow.

Keep a light on for Cobra. He might find his way home.

Andelana

Secret Stick-Figure Superhero
Registered
Reaction score
A friend of mine runs a catering company in N. California and I'm sure she recently posted something about making caramel cupcakes with dulce de leche icing and candied bacon sprinkles. Sounds like a plan to me!

In other news, my "friend" who loaned me Supernatural on DVD, has *cruelly* left out one of the DVDs from the season three box set! I'm home sick today and I CAN'T WATCH ANY MORE SAM AND DEAN! Nightmare! I'm going to have to resort to iPlayer or summink and watch non-Winchester related things. :(

Last edited:

aliwood

Penmonkey Contrarian
Registered
Reaction score
Website
truckloadofart.wordpress.com
Morning cantinas :Sun:

Still no Mr Cobra then? We need better bait. You don't suppose he's given us up for Lent do you? I thought this place was like the Hotel California. You know, you can check out any time you like, but you can never leave. My apologies if you end up spending the rest of the day singing that. The Muppets theme tune makes quite a good antidote.

And I need touch typing lessons, it's getting annoying having to go back and edit all the time.

:Coffee: and :e2shower:

Anyone up for some Wordsmithing later? I need to stick with this BICT.

Kweei

Expert Procrastinator
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.kltownsend.com
Ugh, what a day! What'd I miss? All sorts of wonderful cantinated stuff, right?

Starting to suspect poetry is not for me.

Tell me good and cheery things, people!

The whole point of a vast amount of poetry is to be unconventional! Even being conventional can be unconventional!

A friend of mine runs a catering company in N. California and I'm sure she recently posted something about making caramel cupcakes with dulce de leche icing and candied bacon sprinkles. Sounds like a plan to me!

In other news, my "friend" who loaned me Supernatural on DVD, has *cruelly* left out one of the DVDs from the season three box set! I'm home sick today and I CAN'T WATCH ANY MORE SAM AND DEAN! Nightmare! I'm going to have to resort to iPlayer or summink and watch non-Winchester related things. :(

OH NOES. THIS IS AN EMERGENCY SITUATION!!!

jallenecs

Searching for Wonderland
Registered
Reaction score

Mwa ha ha ha! Wait until you get to season five. And don't forget to buy tissues; you'll need 'em.

My apologies if you end up spending the rest of the day singing that. The Muppets theme tune makes quite a good antidote.

Stumbled across this last night. It's an ASL gloss, which may not appeal to some. But the song is a giggle.

Anyone up for some Wordsmithing later? I need to stick with this BICT.

You know I'm there.

Status
Not open for further replies.