Not open for further replies.

Kweei

Expert Procrastinator
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.kltownsend.com
*staggers into Cantina*

So my mysterious kinda-like-morning-sickness nausea is back. Seriously, digestive system. What the hell.

How are we all? I am honestly so sick and headachy today for no apparent reason.

No sick :(

How about this? When the copy I ordered of Absolute Visions comes in today, I'll read yours first.

Does that help?

aliwood

Penmonkey Contrarian
Registered
Reaction score
Website
truckloadofart.wordpress.com
Have to sit there, might as well take my computer and write, right?

Right!

Morning Cantina!

I will be editing today. Some more. No more leaving stuff almost done/not quite so I can avoid rejection.

I have the power!

:Jump::Jump: You have the power.

*staggers into Cantina*
You're only six posts away from one of those super duper round numbers. Do you have the strength to say something pithy and witty and profound?

Debio

Back from the land of the dead.
Registered
Reaction score
Conversation overheard in a book shop this morning. Man is browsing floor to ceiling rack of special offer paperbacks, woman is checking out display behind him.

Her: "You're read all of Jackie Collins haven't yer?"
Him: "Yeah."

I was so stunned by the entire exchange I had to leave the shop.

Well, I understand how you feel. I am torn however....

Torn between, "At least they are in a bookshop, buying books, to read" and "Jackie Collins?" ------>"run away! run away"

No worries. I guess you also have to mark them once they've all been sat. I used to hate that job.

/QUOTE]

Yeah, and my high school classes are focused more on essays than conversation, so I get to grade several hundred 60 word non-native English essays in the next few days. :flag:

Sometime, let me tell you about some of the truly :roll::tmiEnglish mistakes I come across.

Ali, I WILL be word warring today, I promise. I just won't be on the cantina at the time. I have a full day today; my sister is having oral surgery and guess who is the post-anesthesia designated driver? Sigh. I get to sit in town all day, with no Interwebs.

But, I reiterate: I will be watching my word count and posting. Have to sit there, might as well take my computer and write, right?

Now, I'm starting to feel really, really guilty. This is good, cause maybe I'll actually try to start, you know, writing. I think I'll be posting something in the sandbox later. Unless I come up with an answer by tomorrow.

I have been organizing things in my head, have 8 pages of loose outline that will probably expand to 30k words and a definite goal in mind, so I am making progress.

But, you guys are actually putting words on paper(or screen). I feel bad. I don't wanna be left behind. I need to write! I'm starting to get jittery, literally.

aliwood

Penmonkey Contrarian
Registered
Reaction score
Website
truckloadofart.wordpress.com
Well, I understand how you feel. I am torn however....

Torn between, "At least they are in a bookshop, buying books, to read" and "Jackie Collins?" ------>"run away! run away"

I was too, especially as I live in an area constantly highlighted for it's lack of literacy skills. I was thinking 'should I applaud or just laugh'. (I'm leaving that apostrophe in there just so the punctuation police can all snigger at my appalling literacy)

But, you guys are actually putting words on paper(or screen). I feel bad. I don't wanna be left behind. I need to write! I'm starting to get jittery, literally.
My idea was to inspire. If you are feeling inspired to join in, then that's good. Join us when you can, inbetween times go for the subversive approach, why not see how many fairy tale ideas you can slip into the rest of your conversation today and see if people spot them.

You can see why I work for myself right? No one else will have me.

Better get some fresh tea going for this afternoon's wordsmithing.

jallenecs

Searching for Wonderland
Registered
Reaction score
Now, I'm starting to feel really, really guilty. This is good, cause maybe I'll actually try to start, you know, writing. I think I'll be posting something in the sandbox later. Unless I come up with an answer by tomorrow.

I have been organizing things in my head, have 8 pages of loose outline that will probably expand to 30k words and a definite goal in mind, so I am making progress.

*assumes Invasion of the Body Snatchers Voice*

Join us, Deb.

You'll like it over here.

We all write.

You'll write, too.

Join us.

Join us.

Join us.

Psychomacologist

The Sarcasm Fairy
Registered
Reaction score
No sick :(

How about this? When the copy I ordered of Absolute Visions comes in today, I'll read yours first.

Does that help?
Yay! This will help :D

Unfortunately, epic nausea has transformed into EPIC HEADACHE. Actually I had a headache most of the morning, but it is now worse and making reading anything highly difficult.

Unfortunately, my job mostly involves reading and writing...

You're only six posts away from one of those super duper round numbers. Do you have the strength to say something pithy and witty and profound?

No :( I no haz strength. Quick! Say something for me!

Kricket

Chirp! Chirp!
Registered
Reaction score
Good Morning Friends!

I have lots of cleaning to do today because my dad is in town. The only time "real" cleaning gets done in this apartment is when I have company coming over. And I have to really make sure this place is clean because my dad will tell on me to my mom.

So right now, I'm babysitting the washer that likes to stall during the gentle cycle so I can get these couch covers clean.

We've been posting so many pictures of handsome men. I feel bad for the fellas in the Cantina.

Cm, Bos, Debio, the rest of you males? Here's something just for you.

419656_340029896035699_307922999246389_941692_249834477_n.jpg

I :Thumbs: anything having to do with Firefly. :D

*staggers into Cantina*

So my mysterious kinda-like-morning-sickness nausea is back. Seriously, digestive system. What the hell.

How are we all? I am honestly so sick and headachy today for no apparent reason.

:Hug2: I hope you get to feeling better.

jallenecs

Searching for Wonderland
Registered
Reaction score
I :Thumbs: anything having to do with Firefly. :D

I am a confident heterosexual (bonus points if anybody recognizes that movie reference), but every time I see Summer Glau, I can't stop staring at her. She is just so stunning.

T-5 minutes before Lack of Interwebs. :e2cry:

Kricket

Chirp! Chirp!
Registered
Reaction score
Thanks Kricket. At least I don't feel sick any more. On the other hand, this headache is making work less-than-fun.

One day, I will invent the cure for the headache. And it will work instantaneously. ...Don't hold your breath though, this could take some time. ;)

Morning Kricket. Is little Kricket ok today?

He's not awake yet, so far so good. :) I hear him stirring though, and he's like me and a morning person. It's the afternoons, after his nap, that he gets grumpy.

tjwriter

Emerging Anew
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.kidscoffeechaos.wordpress.com
Good morning!!!! Good morning!!!! Good MORNING!!!!

This is my last Tuesday here!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Lots of stuff to do to train my counterparts who shall be remaining.

*Dances around the thread like a spaz.*

tjwriter

Emerging Anew
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.kidscoffeechaos.wordpress.com
Cool.

I've just discovered that my email program offers to 'Check spell' rather than 'Spellcheck'. I thought computers and spells didn't mix.

517 words so far, that's my email done.
I wonder if it gives unintended consequences of your spell casting prior to the actual casting.

That could be useful....

10trackers

Pollyanna, Shedder of Casual Blood
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Morning Cantina!

I will be editing today. Some more. No more leaving stuff almost done/not quite so I can avoid rejection.

I have the power!

Wait, what? No more of that? Then who will be my Leaving Stuff Almost Done To Avoid Rejection buddy?!

Fenika

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Aww. Can't you at try to get 'Once upon a time' and 'They all lived happily ever after' into your reports or something?
Make a mockery of important paperwork? Who? me?

No worries. I guess you also have to mark them once they've all been sat. I used to hate that job.

Who said that? ;)

Book retrieved from library. I was slightly surprised to get there before opening time and find myself in a queue of three.

Fresh tea anyone?

I have some paperwork that could definitely use some basic fairy tale elements. Hai5.

Kricket

Chirp! Chirp!
Registered
Reaction score
Cool.

I've just discovered that my email program offers to 'Check spell' rather than 'Spellcheck'. I thought computers and spells didn't mix.

517 words so far, that's my email done.

"The Check Spell function, there to make sure you're summoning the right demons. Wouldn't want to summon Beelzebub when all you need is Cthulhu."

:D

Psychomacologist

The Sarcasm Fairy
Registered
Reaction score
My cat just walked across the WP keyboard. Does this add to my word count?

Sure why not :D

My headache is getting a little better. I finally managed to move my computer screen down to eye level, which I think is helping. Sometimes being short is a real pain in the neck.

Yeah I went there.

slcboston

Pasture-ized
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
"The Check Spell function, there to make sure you're summoning the right demons. Wouldn't want to summon Beelzebub when all you need is Cthulhu."

:D

Speaking for myself, I think that out to be the other way around. Eldritch Abominations frighten me far more than mere demons. Or even fallen angels.

:scared:

Status
Not open for further replies.