Odd person
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.abnersenires.com
Normal is a lie. Perpetrated by THEM!
Them?

You mean giant radioactive ants?

Holy crap! Bring one bottle of blackberry merlot into the house, and my daughters go berserk.

Say goodbye to one bottle of cheap wine.
Is that Wild Vines or something like that?

Tried it.

Didn't care for it. Reminded me of a wine cooler.

jallenecs

Searching for Wonderland
Registered
Reaction score
Is that Wild Vines or something like that?

Tried it.

Didn't care for it. Reminded me of a wine cooler.

Don't know. It's cheap, it's blackberry, and it's got alcohol content. It all tastes like horse piss to me; I want it because half a glass makes my back not spasm in the night. Beyond that, blech.

jallenecs

Searching for Wonderland
Registered
Reaction score
My husband is devoted to his beer. Only one every couple days, but still, it's beer or nothing. My sister likes the hard stuff, either expensive whiskey (Woodford Reserve), or homemade; she's not much of a drinker, eiither, but the two or three times a year she drinks, those are her only choices.

If i HAVE to drink, it's wine, and blackberry is the least vomit-making, so....

kenthepen

Registered
Reaction score
Wine always gave me the worst hangover headaches. Of course, I don't think it was intended to be consumed in those quantities............

Debio

Back from the land of the dead.
Registered
Reaction score
Beer for me, thanks. Never got into wine. I've had some nice ones at some nice restaurants, but don't drink enough to make the effort to learn enough to pick the good ones.

zanzjan

killin' all teh werds
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
VPX
VPXI
Registered
Reaction score
Sadly, as much as I'm sure this will only add to everyone's sense that I'm boring as all @$!%&, I don't actually drink.

Debio

Registered
Reaction score
Now that I have my hat on. The "Them" of which I spoke, they could be giant radioactive ants. I've never actually seen one mind you. Just the hidden messages. I would prefer then ants to the alternatives however.

Kricket

Chirp! Chirp!
Registered
Reaction score
Sadly, as much as I'm sure this will only add to everyone's sense that I'm boring as all @$!%&, I don't actually drink.

Neither do I. :)

But in here I like me some vodka. Mind you, I've never even tasted the stuff I just like the way the word rolls off my tongue.

Debio

Registered
Reaction score

How can anyone with red and blue insides be boring. I mean, come on, that is just so cool. Not drinking does not make you boring.

Trust me. 15 years in Japan and 15 years of Enkais, bounenkais, company trips and the like where you hang out with 200 drunk folks....trust me, I'll take the non-drinkers anytime.

(Never experienced company wide social drinking in the States, so have nothing to compare)

aliwood

Penmonkey Contrarian
Registered
Reaction score
Website
truckloadofart.wordpress.com
Good morning cantinas :Sun:

The sun really is out this morning, and the sky really looks blue. Yay! Perhaps the thermometer might make double figures as well.

Tea anyone?

Psychomacologist

The Sarcasm Fairy
Registered
Reaction score
Morning folks. I haz a tired. Fortunately, it's Friday. Woohoo!

The only good thing I can say about the day job today is that...is...er...is that this isn't the '80s so I'm not amped up on White Rain and wearing shoulder pads.
We should all be grateful daily that we are not wearing shoulder pads.

*shudders*

I don't drink either... There's a lot of us non-drinkers in the Cantina, it seems.

Howdy all. Whut up?

jallenecs

Searching for Wonderland
Registered
Reaction score
It's o-dark-thirty in the morning here, I'm up, and I'm SO not motivated to write. What I'm motivated to do is eat leftover pizza for breakfast and watch cheesy movies.

Which should it be? Good girl gets her work done? Or lazy frat house bimbo watches SyFy?

CobraMisfit

I want to be Comic Sans.
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Don't know. It's cheap, it's blackberry, and it's got alcohol content. It all tastes like horse piss to me; I want it because half a glass makes my back not spasm in the night. Beyond that, blech.

We need to get you some different vino, Junely. CobraMrsFit and I drink a wide variety of excellent wines under $6.

Friends don't let friends drink horse piss.

jallenecs

Searching for Wonderland
Registered
Reaction score
We need to get you some different vino, Junely. CobraMrsFit and I drink a wide variety of excellent wines under $6.

Friends don't let friends drink horse piss.

Could be worse. Could be moonshine. I know people who love that stuff, but me? *shudder*

CobraMisfit

I want to be Comic Sans.
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Attention People On the Bus,

The following infractions hereby warrant swift "fist-to-face" action effective immediately:

1) Not moving to the "inside seat" when a ton of people are getting on. Adding the eye roll when someone asks you to move doubles the fine.

2) Being a little bit** about putting your enormous "Hello Kitty"/Wanna-Be-World-Traveler backpack on the overhead luggage racks. Trying to put something the size of a human in your lap (which still eats up half the other seat) doubles the fine.

3) Actually eating half of the other seat. Smiling while doing so doubles the fine.

4) Sharing your phone conversation with the entire bus. Yelling at your daughter to "do something useful" with her life doubles the fine.

5) Any and all complaints about how ugly/dirty/boring/expensive/"like, totally lame" DC is. Bragging about how much better [insert name of your hometown] doubles the fine.

5) Basic jackassery. This includes, but is not limited to: loud cursing, singing off-key at the top of your lungs, loudly cursing-out people who ask you to quit singing off-key, refusing to let an old lady take your seat for the hour-long trip, listening to your music without headphones (unless it's Sinatra, no one likes it), playing Jenga in the aisle, cooking hamsters, asking, "is this the airport?" at every stop (it's not. The airport has planes and parking garages), forgiving Lucas for Ep I, and/or "flavoring the air" from either end. Muttering insults under your breath doubles the fine.

Thank you for your begrudging cooperation.

Smooches,

-CM
COO of SFSYC
(The Society of Folks Sick of Your Crap)

CobraMisfit

I want to be Comic Sans.
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Could be worse. Could be moonshine. I know people who love that stuff, but me? *shudder*

We had some of that poison weapons-grade-naughtiness liquid sent to us once years ago.

My eyebrows have yet to recover.

jallenecs

Searching for Wonderland
Registered
Reaction score
&$*#&@^@@!!!!!!

Three times! three times I have tried to outline a murder mystery story. I had a good idea, I swear I did! But it keeps turning out sounding like an episode of "Murder, She Wrote."

aliwood

Penmonkey Contrarian
Registered
Reaction score
Website
truckloadofart.wordpress.com
&$*#&@^@@!!!!!!

Three times! three times I have tried to outline a murder mystery story. I had a good idea, I swear I did! But it keeps turning out sounding like an episode of "Murder, She Wrote."

You can do it. Stick an elf in it and see what happens.

Hey, Cobra. Got any meetings today?

Fresh tea. I have fresh tea. Oh, and Snuff. On audio, read by Stephen Briggs.

Status
Not open for further replies.