XoLeIn GaEpRuXoMyRuEp

Status
Not open for further replies.

slcboston

Pasture-ized
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Also, also, I am completely out of episodes of Grimm to watch. What am I gonna do? :eek:

Watch a better show?

:D

Sorry, they lost me in episode 2 when the bad guys were using *torches* in the woods. Are bad guys not allowed to use flashlights or something? Is that against union rules?

amergina

Pittsburgh Strong
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.annazabo.com
This may be too late, but, well, wouldn't be more effective to :Headbang: the worst offenders. I mean, it would definitely be more satisfying. Besides, everyone needs to do their part in removing the stoopidz from the world.

Ugh. The problem is that they didn't break the community rules... they just were arguing badly from a false premise.

Basically, there's a religious text.

Poster was arguing that the opening line from that religious text did not say what it's commonly translated into English as saying, since when you translate it from Language A to English, an important word is rendered as "X" and not "Y," which changes the whole meaning of the line.

Except the original version of said religious text? Not written in Language A. It's written in Language B, where the important word very clearly means "Y," just as it has been translated into English.

Poster could not get that one leeeeeetle fact through his/her head.

:gaah

Debio

Back from the land of the dead.
Registered
Reaction score
Oh, so what you need is a hired thug. They don't have to worry about rules. They just:Headbang: the people you point them at. I'd volunteer, but I'm not imposing enough. But I'm sure the cantina has someone. Ask who ever handles the 'raptors.

Then again, such folks don't usually need help, they mostly end up self destructing anyway.

Fenika

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Urgh, I dont wanna go to work.

aliwood

Penmonkey Contrarian
Registered
Reaction score
Website
truckloadofart.wordpress.com
and one for Ali, just cuz.

:e2grouphu

Shucks you're too kind, thank you.

On the science project, I'll let you folks have him. I have my own right here.

Morning cantinas :Sun:

It looks like my obnoxious neighbours are planning to move out today - hurrah.

I keep meaning to ask. Does anyone else listen to the Odyssey writing podcasts? These have become an infinite source of useful stuff over the past while for me. they have all sorts of authors and agents on talking SFF and how to write it.

So, I have drinks, and later I might have drinks.

Psychomacologist

The Sarcasm Fairy
Registered
Reaction score
Here, Psycho. I'll share with you.

SupernaturalLogo-1.jpg
supernatural4%25281%2529.jpg

I'll even let you have the tall one.
It is a noble thing you do in the name of science.

I'm noticing that an awful lot of us seem to be in academia...
I'm technically not in academia, I just write about academia. And Quidditch.

Good evening!

Maaaaxxxxx!! Where have you been?!?

Morning folks. I haz a tired today - did not sleep well last night and feeling really groggy and dumb this morning. Work is occurring anyway, much to my annoyance. Bleurgh.

Whut up?

maxmordon

Penúltimo
Registered
Reaction score
Website
twitter.com
Thank you, Boston and Psycho! I have been busy with the semester. Had to organize a contest with my classmates among other things, but now I'm more or less in vacations so how are you doing?

Fenika

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Stay here with us, we're much more interesting than your paperwork infested turkey farm.

Hmm, no, not helpful or motivating.

How about - go to work it will pay your bills.

Any use?

I should have moved my bed to the Cantina and crashed.

Pay bills, save for training and career change. Check.

I thought this too. :D

Depressing workplace is depressing. Everyone is tense about layoffs.

I, however, am feeling like Smeagol is freeeeeeeee!!!!!!

Be freeeee!

jallenecs

Searching for Wonderland
Registered
Reaction score
OUCH!!!!! that hurt worse than I thought it would. Had to retool the opening of a WIP. ended up cutting.... wait for it.... 10,000 words. OUCH OUCH OUCH!!!!!

had to be done, though. changing from a 3rd person multiple POV to a tight 1st person. That means a ton of stuff has got to go. But still -- OUCH!

Fenika

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Wow, I don't think I've ever cut 10k just like that, even when going through my whole novel with the dragons. Good on ya :)

jallenecs

Searching for Wonderland
Registered
Reaction score
The suckiest part was that there was some good stuff in there, funny stuff, writing I was proud of. But it had to go.

Kill your darlings, indeed.

jallenecs

Searching for Wonderland
Registered
Reaction score
My obnoxious neighbours are moving out right now.

:TheWave: etc.

Congratulations! The voodoo dolls must have worked!

How were they obnoxious? And how did you get rid of them? I'm asking purely for research purposes. For my writing, of course (not because I have nasty neighbors I'd like to be shed of).

Kricket

Chirp! Chirp!
Registered
Reaction score
OUCH!!!!! that hurt worse than I thought it would. Had to retool the opening of a WIP. ended up cutting.... wait for it.... 10,000 words. OUCH OUCH OUCH!!!!!

had to be done, though. changing from a 3rd person multiple POV to a tight 1st person. That means a ton of stuff has got to go. But still -- OUCH!

The suckiest part was that there was some good stuff in there, funny stuff, writing I was proud of. But it had to go.

Kill your darlings, indeed.

Ouch indeed. I'm sure it's worth it though. Giving birth to a masterpiece is a bloody, painful, process. I applaud :Clap: you for making that sacrifice.

amergina

Pittsburgh Strong
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.annazabo.com
*waves to Max*

I thought this too. :D

Depressing workplace is depressing. Everyone is tense about layoffs.

I, however, am feeling like Smeagol is freeeeeeeee!!!!!!

:partyguy:

:( But it'll be better in the end, right?

My obnoxious neighbours are moving out right now.

WOOOOO! :partyguy:

'Tis raining here. And I need to call the heating place and find out whatever happened to the replacement control panel for my heater. You know, the one that died weeks ago. :gaah

Status
Not open for further replies.